18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

CCW Alameda County

Gotcha do you know how long it takes to get contacted after first submitting the certificate for the very first time? I’m not renewing it’s my first time ever getting the permit. I submitted the certificate on 12-7-25 still waiting for email to get contacted to pick up permit.
missed the 16 hour part, so assumed it was a renewal. Last I heard, it was about a month or more. That was about the time they switched the ccw sheriff.
 
Good question - I wanted to ad an off-roster to my CCW when I renew, so this is relevant for me also.
Picked up my renewal. No mentions about off-roster.

Most likely those were just opinions given to previous ccw applicants who decided to ask the sheriff.
 
Would you mind saying how many hours is each part? Im now at the picking spot to train was going to go with Leo defensive concepts but the are booked until January which is too long of a wait.
Leo Defense is good training. I’ve trained with them and a bunch of other places over the decades.
 
Back
Top Bottom