- Messages
- 253
None of those are on roster.Is the PDP on the roster? I don't see it.
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
None of those are on roster.Is the PDP on the roster? I don't see it.
sig p365. You can literally change the slide and grip for whatever purpose to experiment with including carrying, home defense, etc. I don’t support the p320 only because of the “ gun firing itself” is still of some relevance. But the p365 is good. I primarily shoot Glocks, and don’t recommend for first timers.For the last couple weeks I've been spending so much time browsing forums, Reddit, and social media to see what I would want to buy as a first gun that will be used for home defense, range toy, and probably will try a competition sometime in the next year or two. I don't see myself applying for CCW anytime soon because I will most likely be moving in a couple years due to school.
I kind of have a buy one cry once mentality and want the best value. I love attention to detail and have gone through expensive coffee gear, PC builds, pocket knives, etc. I've held a few guns at a local store and what felt best in my hands was the P320 X5 Legion. Should I just commit to that or save a little money with something like the XFull? Are there any other recommendations that you guys would say. I know Glock is a popular one but honestly, it didn't feel right in my hands, felt cheap and plasticky, and the slide was pretty squeaky and didn't feel good compared to something like the Legion. The only thing I don't like about the Legion is the color but I figure i can Cerakote it down the road too.
Would love to hear thoughts from the gun community here.
None of those are on roster.
noones recommending the xd because its not as good a gun as other options. buy a glock, m18, mp 2.0, hellcat etc5 pages and no one has recommended and XD! Ive been leaning towards an XD or XDM Elite for my first gun. Also not planning to carry, primarily use at the range and shoot steel challenge. Would love to find something that comes optic ready but there doesn't seem like there's too many options (echelon would be amazing). Would like to spend less than $600. Thoughts?
Seriously. If there are a bunch of experienced "gun guys" talking about good guns, and nobody mentions the XD, it's for a reason. Also for the same reason that nobody has mentioned the Echelon -- roster aside. Neither are great guns, and yes, I did own an Echelon. I liked it so much that I sold it after six months. I'm pretty sure that by now, there are plenty of decent optics ready on-roster guns available.noones recommending the xd because its not as good a gun as other options. buy a glock, m18, mp 2.0, hellcat etc
what didnt you like about the echelon?Seriously. If there are a bunch of experienced "gun guys" talking about good guns, and nobody mentions the XD, it's for a reason. Also for the same reason that nobody has mentioned the Echelon -- roster aside. Neither are great guns, and yes, I did own an Echelon. I liked it so much that I sold it after six months. I'm pretty sure that by now, there are plenty of decent optics ready on-roster guns available.
Too Glockish for my taste -- I didn't care for the grip angle. It seemed like a very well built pistol, but it didn't shoot nearly as nice as my PDP. Probably because I didn't give it enough of a chance.what didnt you like about the echelon?
Sorry, no. Most of the guns I listed are off-rosterIs the PDP on the roster? I don't see it.
OP, you don't know anything. Take a beginners class, then buy the glock to learn on. Learn gun safety, learn to shoot, learn to clean a gun. who cares about how you think the gun feels in your hand....that is meaningless. A gun can feel like crap to you and it be an accurate firearm. You don't even know how to hold a gun. Get the glock...you will be buying many more guns later.For the last couple weeks I've been spending so much time browsing forums, Reddit, and social media to see what I would want to buy as a first gun that will be used for home defense, range toy, and probably will try a competition sometime in the next year or two. I don't see myself applying for CCW anytime soon because I will most likely be moving in a couple years due to school.
I kind of have a buy one cry once mentality and want the best value. I love attention to detail and have gone through expensive coffee gear, PC builds, pocket knives, etc. I've held a few guns at a local store and what felt best in my hands was the P320 X5 Legion. Should I just commit to that or save a little money with something like the XFull? Are there any other recommendations that you guys would say. I know Glock is a popular one but honestly, it didn't feel right in my hands, felt cheap and plasticky, and the slide was pretty squeaky and didn't feel good compared to something like the Legion. The only thing I don't like about the Legion is the color but I figure i can Cerakote it down the road too.
Would love to hear thoughts from the gun community here.
One gun that I always suggest to new shooters is the m&p 2.0 full size. Its ergonomics and grip texture are amazing. Great out of the box trigger and the irons aren’t so bad to learn with. You’ll need to get the slide cut for an optic which is cheaper than buying the Oem optic cut slide at the store.For the last couple weeks I've been spending so much time browsing forums, Reddit, and social media to see what I would want to buy as a first gun that will be used for home defense, range toy, and probably will try a competition sometime in the next year or two. I don't see myself applying for CCW anytime soon because I will most likely be moving in a couple years due to school.
I kind of have a buy one cry once mentality and want the best value. I love attention to detail and have gone through expensive coffee gear, PC builds, pocket knives, etc. I've held a few guns at a local store and what felt best in my hands was the P320 X5 Legion. Should I just commit to that or save a little money with something like the XFull? Are there any other recommendations that you guys would say. I know Glock is a popular one but honestly, it didn't feel right in my hands, felt cheap and plasticky, and the slide was pretty squeaky and didn't feel good compared to something like the Legion. The only thing I don't like about the Legion is the color but I figure i can Cerakote it down the road too.
Would love to hear thoughts from the gun community here.
One gun that I always suggest to new shooters is the m&p 2.0 full size. Its ergonomics and grip texture are amazing. Great out of the box trigger and the irons aren’t so bad to learn with. You’ll need to get the slide cut for an optic which is cheaper than buying the Oem optic cut slide at the store.
I suggest rent the legion side by side with the m&p 2.0 and judge by how it feels when you shoot at the range. also consider if the price difference is worth the performance. Can’t go wrong with either one. The legion is surprisingly easy to shoot because of its weight and trigger.
For myself I would opt for the 2.0 because of price and I like how the grip feels, but I do have an m18 that I built out for competition.
Go with a friend to your local range and rent some guns to shoot. Place the targets at 3-5 yards and see which gives you the best groups.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!