18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Another scammer alert - user: scratch705

I got scammed recently too unfortunately for an SRO. For some reason these scammers are in obscure or very distant locations in California where it's not possible to meet.
The reason is to talk their way into one way payment for shipping. Social engineering.
 
Sad to report that I was the other one scammed alongside OP. Looking back on it, all the signs were there as already discussed in this thread. Just a very expensive lesson for me to do my due diligence and take the extra steps to safeguard future dealings.

I don't hold anything against this site or the moderators. The Verified Buyer/Seller is a great idea and I should have requested that, though I suppose he'll gladly pay $1 to get many times more. I've bought plenty of things on Calguns and CAguns for years, so it was just a dumb mistake that I didn't stop and think about. Lesson learned.

If it's too good to be true, then it probably is...
 
Guys... if you see a Aimpoint t2 for $300, SRO for $200, ATACR for $600
Youre getting scammed 100%
Its like you guys cant wait to give them your money.
 
Scams on GAFS Already ?
Yessir. Nov 2025. Someone got scammed out of $670.

I mean, people linked ther reddit accounts so we could still verify flair but the person who scammed claimed they had flair but couldn’t link their account for some reason.
 
I talked to him for about an hour right when he posted it. I chose not to but it, seemed off. He told me he was going to send it, and I could pay him once it got here, lol.
Sorry you got scammed
Not all of those are bad. I bought a complete upper of arfcom recently for 220, the guy sent it and told me i can pay after I receive.

And exactly what I did. Sent him money order (his preferred method) within 3 days of receiving.
 
got scammed on this listing

user name - scratch705
bought using paypal for them to ship and now ghosted. just a wake up call for myself and an fyi to others to just do what we’re all warned to do, like pay with for goods and services, ask for current photo with username, etc.

but an interesting one, they asked for feedback since they’re coming over from Calguns. the same username, except for the capitalization has tons of activity there.
anyway be on your guard all and to the mods, hopefully there’s some safeguards you can help put into place to protect your supporters and users.

just some more info -
this user scammed myself and another user on here, providing us both with different emails for paypal.
the phone number i was chatting with them was 404-533-4889
googling this number you can find a posting on rokslide from yesterday regarding a scam for this same number; different user name.
Sorry you got scammed. Never ever use PayPal for this site!
 
Always use some sort of electronic payment with buyer protection i.e PayPal G&S. I would also get the seller number so at least I can chat with them to gauge the protential deal. Never relied on timestamp photos, can be easily photoshopped. Finally if a deal is too good to be true...
 
Not all of those are bad. I bought a complete upper of arfcom recently for 220, the guy sent it and told me i can pay after I receive.

And exactly what I did. Sent him money order (his preferred method) within 3 days of receiving.
Never send a money order even if some rare few are not scams.
 
Always use some sort of electronic payment with buyer protection i.e PayPal G&S. I would also get the seller number so at least I can chat with them to gauge the protential deal. Never relied on timestamp photos, can be easily photoshopped. Finally if a deal is too good to be true...
You can tell a whole lot about someone by talking to them, because usually scammers are flaky AF and work to stay under the radar.

Photo with username on paper from many angles quickly is one good failsafe. This just shows that they really have the item.

If distance is an issue, use an escrow service or middleman before sending any money. Put the burden of trusting a stranger on the suspicious seller.
 
Its a good addition to other indications but I wouldn't trust just photos with username by itself as I have encountered scammers sending photoshopped photos from Calguns and GAFS
 
Its a good addition to other indications but I wouldn't trust just photos with username by itself as I have encountered scammers sending photoshopped photos from Calguns and GAFS
I'm an artist and Photoshpp expert so I can usually spot a fake, though I'm sure a sophisticated technician could create a really good fake...but most scammers aren't that smart or diligent.

That's why I mentioned a series of photos...expanding further, I mean a few photos with a hand-written username on paper from different angles taken and sent within 5-10 minutes via text. Nobody's faking anything that fast. Pre-made photos will fool more people if the person is reasonably skilled with Photoshop and/or AI. This only corroborates a claim of possession.

There are apps to spot photo manipulation too.
 
Guys... if you see a Aimpoint t2 for $300, SRO for $200, ATACR for $600
Youre getting scammed 100%
Its like you guys cant wait to give them your money.
^^ This right here... If they can't meet FTF, no matter how good it is, then it's not for me.

Its a good addition to other indications but I wouldn't trust just photos with username by itself as I have encountered scammers sending photoshopped photos from Calguns and GAFS
Or make a request of the item he's still with his feet along with your UN, todays date and time and add it in the photo? lol
 
Never send a money order even if some rare few are not scams.
Uhh.
The guy sent me the upper first. And then I sent the money order. I guess you have been scammed via money order, but to a lot of older gunowners, their method of payments are money order.
Especially on Graybeards Outdoors.
 
I'm only for FTF here, or from people I have had good past trades. I am also a sleuth, if you think about scamming me, I can and will find your ass.
(Alot of my scammer doxxing posts on calguns were removed by mods there when I tried to help out on their beware scammer threads.)
The mods were a bit favorish to scammers on site. I found a Kes's scammer, reported, gave the exact username to the person that scammed Kestryll, Kestrylls first scammer report. And the dude ignored it and guess what happened following days?
The guy is on here, too btw.
 
Last edited:
Assume every sale is a scam. Don't trust anyone you don't know right off the bat. Look with eyes wide open for signs that something isn't right. If something seems the tiniest bit off and you are not meeting the seller close to home, don't do the deal.

Buy local and FTF for all things where the price is high enough that you'll get mad/embarrassed if you lose the money.

If you don't look out for yourself, you may as well be gambling in Vegas and and taking the risk of losing your money.
If it's money you can afford to lose and you're okay with that, have at it.
 
Sorry but this particular case had ALL the red flags...

Protect yourself and use good judgement. We don't need Nannies.

Why do you have zero feedback after all this time. Why do you constantly complain about things you dont seem to use?
Not needing nannies is exactly my point.

I have posted for sale ads. They were flagged and removed as scams because they were reasonably priced, below MSRP, off roster pistols that I wanted to meet in person for and was willing to send as many photos as any potential buyer might have wanted to their phone so they could review in as much detail as they wanted. Why are people so retarded?
 
Back
Top Bottom