18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Gear Any watch guys?

What's tactical?
I was a watch guy but kinda moved on. Apple Watch was the last nail on the coffin for me. I used to have blacpain, Rolex, Tudor, omega and Grand Seiko, with GS being my favorite. Now I have Apple Watch and some seikos lying around
 
Just a basic sub, nothing flashy
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260205_155943_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20260205_155943_Gallery.webp
    46.1 KB · Views: 70
Any interest in amplifying on that statement?

I would guess anyone with the funds can buy one. No California roster or age limits here?
There's a good chance he's referring to how Rolex makes their customers buy a plethora of other watches before they finally get the watch they actually want. It's a practice that is not only done by authorized dealers but also by Rolex itself. You have to be a long-time buyer...

All I want is a Rolex GMT II Pepsi. Not for the popularity, but as a pilot, Pan Am history, and the aviation history behind it.
 
Any interest in amplifying on that statement?

I would guess anyone with the funds can buy one. No California roster or age limits here?
Its just a simple supply and demand. Unless you want a 50k-100k watch or a basic date just oyster non flutted and the advisorcneeds to sell thereclast weekly quote 5-6 watches. You will shut down in most authorize dealers. Seond hand you can fine anything you want. However I be very concerned about fakes not from dealers
 
There's a good chance he's referring to how Rolex makes their customers buy a plethora of other watches before they finally get the watch they actually want. It's a practice that is not only done by authorized dealers but also by Rolex itself. You have to be a long-time buyer...

All I want is a Rolex GMT II Pepsi. Not for the popularity, but as a pilot, Pan Am history, and the aviation history behind it.
Well, you can get the new Christopher Ward C60 Clipper GMT for a whole lot less...and it says Pan Am on it!

 
There's a good chance he's referring to how Rolex makes their customers buy a plethora of other watches before they finally get the watch they actually want. It's a practice that is not only done by authorized dealers but also by Rolex itself. You have to be a long-time buyer...

All I want is a Rolex GMT II Pepsi. Not for the popularity, but as a pilot, Pan Am history, and the aviation history behind it.
The Glycine Airman is another neat pilots watch with a rich history. Introduced in 1953.
 
Its just a simple supply and demand. Unless you want a 50k-100k watch or a basic date just oyster non flutted and the advisorcneeds to sell thereclast weekly quote 5-6 watches. You will shut down in most authorize dealers. Seond hand you can fine anything you want. However I be very concerned about fakes not from dealers
Supply / Demand at Rolex is like the diamond industry. The greatly throttle supply and then ADMs limit the access to the desired watches. It creates a this false sense of rarity. They are great watches but $10k for their most basic watch is a LOT. Not saying I don't own a couple but at this stage I wouldn't go to the grey market and pay 20% more than list....they aren't holding value like they used to.

And that fake business...they are done so well now that you need an expert to crack the case and examine the movement to make sure you arent buying a fake.
 
Close to four dozen, but who's counting? One for almost any occasion, from snorkeling to dinner. Fancy watches with all the complications, plain watches that just tell the time. Digital, analog, quartzes and automatics. Wristwatches and pocket watches. Antiques and modern. Expensive makes, microbrands, no-names and common big- box brands. Automatic watch winders, compartmentalized cases, rolls, travel cases/pouches and tools. It all started with one Invicta...20139.webp20140.webp20141.webp
 
No bs pocket dump. Got my go-to Garmin Epix today!
 

Attachments

  • 1000005113.webp
    1000005113.webp
    29.4 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom