18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Anybody else also thinking of getting out of 45 ACP?

I’m afraid of scratching that beautiful old-school S&W blueing, haha!!

The finish on this revolver is just amazing. It’s C&R, IIRC made around 1975. I’ve got the original box, too.
Lol I scratched the hell out of the finish on my revolver by using a sandy oily rag. It was perfect when I got it (like two weeks ago) but I feel like it's ruined now 😭

Oh well, guess I'll have to keep shooting it.
 
Do you reload? I have about 1k in .40 casings without a useful home.
No, I don't load any pistol rounds yet. But I do save my brass, and I have dies for. 40,. 44,. 45, and. 38. Don't know when or if I'll ever start loading for pistol. I have the 03FFL and COE, so I can still get pistol ammo cheaper than loading it myself.
 
Lol I scratched the hell out of the finish on my revolver by using a sandy oily rag. It was perfect when I got it (like two weeks ago) but I feel like it's ruined now 😭

Oh well, guess I'll have to keep shooting it.
Nah, they are tools, let them show wear.
 
Lol I scratched the hell out of the finish on my revolver by using a sandy oily rag. It was perfect when I got it (like two weeks ago) but I feel like it's ruined now 😭

Oh well, guess I'll have to keep shooting it.
Haha!! By all means shoot it, that’s what they’re for!!

For used guns, I always stay away from perfect specimens because I want to use them. I never clean my guns, just shoot them until they stop working, then spray some lube and shoot them some more.

My 25-2 was one of the many I’ve inherited over the years. It looks nearly new. And that early 70’s deep blue is just something. It’s almost on the level of a Manurhin MR-73.

There’s no way I would've ever bought it myself, it’s too nice for me, haha!!
 
I love handling my Kimber 1911 its beautiful. But shooting it not much range time I must admit, everytime I do take it to the range its really pleasant but for some reason it is not something I look forward to shooting at the moment. I think the consensus has been more towards 9mm lately.
 
Back
Top Bottom