18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Anyone try the H&K VP9A1K ?

Appreciate the responses guys.

I have the P2000 and P2000SK. For some reason, I shoot the P2000SK better than its larger brother.


Want to transition out of hammer fired to strikers, so got a VP9SK. Very nice gun. Love it so much was thinking about getting a second as a shooter but mostly as a parts backup since it’s discontinued. Now that’s crazy talk. :) Used market prices for the VP9SK exceed a brand new cost of a VP9A1K. I think the F and X will be too big for my hands. (The guy in that video has huge hands).


So like my P2000 and P2000SK ownership, I was thinking of selling them and transitioning to a VP9SK and VP9A1K setup.

Of course, if the VP9CC dropped on the roster menu, I would have it for dinner. :)

In my jurisdiction you’re allowed 4 guns on the CCW license. This would be pretty:

VP9SK
VP9A1K
VP9CC
CC9

I emailed CS at HK asking about the latter two guns and if they’ll be on roster and their response was “we are working to get our guns for all 50 states.” Certainly a better answer than Glock when I asked them, the response was “call this number to talk to us.” Calling them, the guy basically blamed CA and said don’t expect anything. Less than one month later, the 43X was roster-approved, which means Glock had already submitted to the CA DOJ and just lied to customers to keep it under wraps.
Are you in Southern California? If you really want a second VP9Sk for parts then you should call Gun Effects in city of industry and see if they have any brand new VP9SK's left. They had a few last time I was there. If I recall they were asking like $750 for the OR version w/ the paddle mag release. But the price may have changed.

(626) 333-7178

Otherwise the VP9K is a fine gun. Just know that the flush mags for the VP9K did not exist in 2019.
 
Are you in Southern California? If you really want a second VP9Sk for parts then you should call Gun Effects in city of industry and see if they have any brand new VP9SK's left. They had a few last time I was there. If I recall they were asking like $750 for the OR version w/ the paddle mag release. But the price may have changed.

(626) 333-7178

Otherwise the VP9K is a fine gun. Just know that the flush mags for the VP9K did not exist in 2019.
But the P2000 mags will also fit if you had some from back in the day. The VP9K mag plates will fit these mags as well. I have a P2000 9mm that I had as an LEO, so I had a few magazines. I generally just use the P2000 floor plates, though they look a little wonky...

Yes,. you only get 13 rounds, but it's better than 10.
 
But the P2000 mags will also fit if you had some from back in the day. The VP9K mag plates will fit these mags as well. I have a P2000 9mm that I had as an LEO, so I had a few magazines. I generally just use the P2000 floor plates, though they look a little wonky...

Yes,. you only get 13 rounds, but it's better than 10.
Yeah all of those mags going back 20+ years will work. The only deciding factor is the length of the grip. The newer HK mags with the updated base plates / springs are really nice to work with. I love that they are extremely easy to load.
 
But the P2000 mags will also fit if you had some from back in the day. The VP9K mag plates will fit these mags as well. I have a P2000 9mm that I had as an LEO, so I had a few magazines. I generally just use the P2000 floor plates, though they look a little wonky...

Yes,. you only get 13 rounds, but it's better than 10.
Just so you know you can get the P2000 baseplate and swap it over onto the 15 round VP9K magazine and it'll work in the P2000 since everything else is the same. For everyone just remember the internals of the 10 round mags are different and that won't work. You could also get the K baseplates because the P2000 mag sticks out weirdly in the VP9K, it's too long with the rubber extension part.

P30SK/P2000SK/VP9SK mags all same size

P2000/VP9K same size
 
Appreciate the responses guys.

I have the P2000 and P2000SK. For some reason, I shoot the P2000SK better than its larger brother.


Want to transition out of hammer fired to strikers, so got a VP9SK. Very nice gun. Love it so much was thinking about getting a second as a shooter but mostly as a parts backup since it’s discontinued. Now that’s crazy talk. :) Used market prices for the VP9SK exceed a brand new cost of a VP9A1K. I think the F and X will be too big for my hands. (The guy in that video has huge hands).


So like my P2000 and P2000SK ownership, I was thinking of selling them and transitioning to a VP9SK and VP9A1K setup.

Of course, if the VP9CC dropped on the roster menu, I would have it for dinner. :)

In my jurisdiction you’re allowed 4 guns on the CCW license. This would be pretty:

VP9SK
VP9A1K
VP9CC
CC9

I emailed CS at HK asking about the latter two guns and if they’ll be on roster and their response was “we are working to get our guns for all 50 states.” Certainly a better answer than Glock when I asked them, the response was “call this number to talk to us.” Calling them, the guy basically blamed CA and said don’t expect anything. Less than one month later, the 43X was roster-approved, which means Glock had already submitted to the CA DOJ and just lied to customers to keep it under wraps.
Solid lineup but no point in having both of those micros, I'd just pick one.
 
Back
Top Bottom