18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Beretta m9 vs sig m18/17

Since you also made a 1911 an option, I choose that over both the M9 and the m17/18.
Between a 1911 and M9 is a tough one. Both are very accurate guns. I guess Id still go Beretta for higher capacity, lighter weight, and reliability. Not saying the 1911 isnt reliable but I think they require more maintenance than the M9 to stay reliable. I believe the USP is the most reliable 45 besides maybe the Glock 21. If Im going 45 Id go USP. But the 1911 is very accurate and easy to shoot.
 
Between a 1911 and M9 is a tough one. Both are very accurate guns. I guess Id still go Beretta for higher capacity, lighter weight, and reliability. Not saying the 1911 isnt reliable but I think they require more maintenance than the M9 to stay reliable. I believe the USP is the most reliable 45 besides maybe the Glock 21. If Im going 45 Id go USP. But the 1911 is very accurate and easy to shoot.
I go 1911 for the ergonomics.
M9 and P320's both have high bore axis so they recoil funny vs a 1911.
I would go high capacity 9mm in a 1911 platform and end up with more capacity than an M9 with better shot-to-shot recovery.
Something roughly like this for example: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1103612443
 
Last edited:
The horror stories with the P320 is what caused me to never want one tbh and I am a Sig fan, but I’d say the Beretta M9 of the two choices for sure
 
Beretta M9 is my selection. My personal choice is Shadow Systems MR/DR920P model since you can switch between gen1-5 slides on the top of a Gen4 frame.
 
People are still in denial about the sig…
Interesting that whole debacle is. I am aware of two prominent gunsmiths who have been said to replicate the discharges on demand, however politics and career survival keeps them from going mainstream.
A family member carries a M18 as issued while on duty, but will NOT carry such on their own time.
 
For a SHTF scenario, capacity should be a major deciding factor. Hospitals will likely be overwhelmed, gutshot enemy combatants will drop like flies from infection if not treated quickly. I'd say the M9 with a Beretta happy stick would definitely do the trick.
 
92 Brig with the G-model decocker and D-model hammer spring is my bag. I own two for the Santa Ana Reload.😄
 
Between a 1911 and M9 is a tough one. Both are very accurate guns. I guess Id still go Beretta for higher capacity, lighter weight, and reliability. Not saying the 1911 isnt reliable but I think they require more maintenance than the M9 to stay reliable. I believe the USP is the most reliable 45 besides maybe the Glock 21. If Im going 45 Id go USP. But the 1911 is very accurate and easy to shoot.
I agree with everything you said except for that part about the USP. It’s an overweight brick with a crap trigger that cost 50% more than it should because it says Hk on it.
 
As soon as one of them off roster SAO 92Xi models pop up for sale for only 50% above MSRP instead of 100, I’ll snap one up. 😏
 
Back
Top Bottom