18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Beretta m9 vs sig m18/17

Interesting that whole debacle is. I am aware of two prominent gunsmiths who have been said to replicate the discharges on demand, however politics and career survival keeps them from going mainstream.
A family member carries a M18 as issued while on duty, but will NOT carry such on their own time.
I am sorry if they have repetable proof of a problem they 100% need to bring it mainstream. If they are worried about politics and career, being the one who found and were able to prove a problem actually existed would give them more credibility and trust in the industry.
 
Last edited:
I am sorry if they have repetable proof of a problem they 100% need to bring it mainstream. If they are worried about politics and career, being the one who found and were able to prove a problem actually existed would give them more credibility and trust in the industry.
At first glance most would agree, however when you get deep into the weeds within the firearms and ammunition industries, you will find a deep canyon of venomous snakes, back stabbers, thieves, double-tongue PR folks, and all sorts of lying, dishonest, disingenuous types who are only out to get ahead. Some things aren’t worth getting involved in, and to these two distinguished industry folks (gunsmiths) it is better to let SIG clean up their own mess. I don’t blame them one bit.
 
At first glance most would agree, however when you get deep into the weeds within the firearms and ammunition industries, you will find a deep canyon of venomous snakes, back stabbers, thieves, double-tongue PR folks, and all sorts of lying, dishonest, disingenuous types who are only out to get ahead. Some things aren’t worth getting involved in, and to these two distinguished industry folks (gunsmiths) it is better to let SIG clean up their own mess. I don’t blame them one bit.
So I take that as a no. No one has proof...

Here is something that was just released from the USMC investigation....

 
So I take that as a no. No one has proof...

Here is something that was just released from the USMC investigation....

They do indeed, and choose not to be involved for a number of reasons. No, I’m not going say who they are. If in time either of them make the decision to add to the discussion, they will do so.
 
hands down the 92F, only because I have to ton of surplus mags.... that said, I have an M18 but with only 10 rd mags LOL...
 
Until I see someone standing there with their arms crossed and the gun goes off, I don’t want to hear it…. A wise man never said.
92f
 
I love the shake awake option on my optics......not so much on a handgun. So of the two choices, Beretta. SHTF, it would be neither.
 
Which would you guys carry for SHTF
zombie apocalypse’s, war world 3 , civil war etc
Which would you trust to be by your side ?
I personally pick the m1911a1 :) 45acp baby !

The Beretta doesn't shoot by itself. While this can be useful when you need to fling the P320 into a room like a frisbee, this is not so useful if the round hits the owner.
 
Back
Top Bottom