- Messages
- 1,853
- Classified ads
- 1
Thanks for all the suggestions and commentary so far! Awesome info!
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
Simple, it's effortless for me to shoot it accurately. And the modularity is a nice feature.Why do you like these guns vs. others?
The standard 365 grip module is unnecessarily too small IMHO. I never intend to use that grip. I immediately switched out the grip module for the Xmacro grip. I also have an X grip if I want a smaller grip, but not too small.If you can get the regular small P365 work for you, it's a good one. I had to put on a Hogue grip sleeve before I can shoot it decently. The Hogue grip is inexpensive. I don't want to spend much on an EDC. The closer to stock the better.
I know about the SIG P365 which is pretty good gun whether it's ideal for carrying or not.
Definitely glock 26 it shoots like a full sizeHowdy All,
I'm looking for suggestions for a small everyday carry pistol chambered in .380 or even 9mm if you think it's fantastic. Pocket carry with a soft pocket holster is ideal.
I've been finding nice EDC guns online only to find some not on the CA roster.
So far I've found the Ruger LCP Max, the S&W Bodyguard Comp Carry (not on roster) and the CA-compliant Shield, the Glock 26, Glock 42, and Glock 43, the SIG P238, and I know about the SIG P365 which is pretty good gun whether it's ideal for carrying or not. I have large low-recoil guns already for the range so I'm looking for something small for my first EDC gun.
I'm not a big person so my hands aren't overly big. I'm not worried about a gun being too small for my hands.
Suggestions welcome, and thanks!
Howdy All,
I'm looking for suggestions for a small everyday carry pistol chambered in .380 or even 9mm if you think it's fantastic. Pocket carry with a soft pocket holster is ideal.
I've been finding nice EDC guns online only to find some not on the CA roster.
So far I've found the Ruger LCP Max, the S&W Bodyguard Comp Carry (not on roster) and the CA-compliant Shield, the Glock 26, Glock 42, and Glock 43, the SIG P238, and I know about the SIG P365 which is pretty good gun whether it's ideal for carrying or not. I have large low-recoil guns already for the range so I'm looking for something small for my first EDC gun.
I'm not a big person so my hands aren't overly big. I'm not worried about a gun being too small for my hands.
Suggestions welcome, and thanks!

I gave up on the 365 after a trigger return spring breaking also.The Ruger LCP Max is a great little pistol I have the off-roster version. The LCP Max is perfect for summertime when I'm wearing shorts without a belt. It even comes with a soft pocket holster when you buy it.
The standard 10rd Sig P365 is ok I have the off-roster version. The P365 is good during the colder time of year when I'm wearing pants with a belt. However, I no longer use the P365 due to having the trigger return spring break on me. So, I no longer trust it with my life. The trigger return spring seems to be a huge weak link with the P365.
I switched from the Sig P365 to FN Reflex MRD during the colder time of year when I'm wearing pants with a belt. The Reflex MRD is a great little pistol I haven't had any issues with mine. But it is off roster.
I use a Galco PH838 Pocket holster for both the P365 & FN Reflex MRD.
I replaced the trigger return spring I think it was $6. But I no longer trust it anymore who knows how long it will last before it breaks again.BigBlaze-SKN23 -
You 2 have had the trigger return spring break why not replace and keep using the P365. You're making me think of replacing it before it happens. The SigGuy has one for around $4.95.
How much OTD? And how will it be registered on the DROS?I have a 43x SSE pistol ready to go if you want. There’s another at Riflenetics as well
How much OTD? And how will it be registered on the DROS?
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!