18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Best looking gun made today!

I like my Colt Double Eagle in .45 acp full size… I haven’t shot it years especially since Colt stopped making them. Now the question is how many in here had to search to see what kind of gun this is ? It’s not a 1911 …
 
They shoot so damn good. How long was the wait?
They definitely do, the comp puts in work even with plinking ammo! One of my LGS had it in stock, so no wait!
You know, I’ve seen some people show theirs off and thought they were hideous (like most 2011 monstrosities) but that one is sexy with the contrasting black grip tape/optic/light/controls.
Much appreciated! I think about getting the coyote SRO & tan X300 often, but I think you're right it would be too much of one type of color. I've also thought about buying the newer version of the grip which is molded instead of silicon carbide, but this grip is quite good when shooting, just the right amount of grip.
 
They definitely do, the comp puts in work even with plinking ammo! One of my LGS had it in stock, so no wait!

Much appreciated! I think about getting the coyote SRO & tan X300 often, but I think you're right it would be too much of one type of color. I've also thought about buying the newer version of the grip which is molded instead of silicon carbide, but this grip is quite good when shooting, just the right amount of grip.
Ironically, I'd love to own a Pit Viper or Sand Viper without the Taran logo but the bronze look is so distinct and awesome that it couldn't be mistaken for anything else.
 
Ironically, I'd love to own a Pit Viper or Sand Viper without the Taran logo but the bronze look is so distinct and awesome that it couldn't be mistaken for anything else.
Oddly, I have a G17 Combat Master that I had the logos removed and I don't like it nearly as much as when it had the logo's haha.
 
They definitely do, the comp puts in work even with plinking ammo! One of my LGS had it in stock, so no wait!

Much appreciated! I think about getting the coyote SRO & tan X300 often, but I think you're right it would be too much of one type of color. I've also thought about buying the newer version of the grip which is molded instead of silicon carbide, but this grip is quite good when shooting, just the right amount of grip.
Yeah man I’d keep the black accessories. The black controls also add a nice accent color to match them. All one color is bleh, yours looks nice. Black barrel shows through too which adds balance to the black controls. The tan grip screws are nice also. I’d even paint or refinish the trigger black to match the hammer too
 
Yeah man I’d keep the black accessories. The black controls also add a nice accent color to match them. All one color is bleh, yours looks nice. Black barrel shows through too which adds balance to the black controls. The tan grip screws are nice also. I’d even paint or refinish the trigger black to match the hammer too
This is one of the EARLY SV's, shortly after they switched to a Black grip with Silicon Carbide, then the fully molded/textured grip in black like you see on the new ones. Don't see too many of the original Coyote grip SV's out there!
 
Back
Top Bottom