18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Black Friday 2025?!

If there is anyone on here looking at geissele in house produced barrels id caution you to look at something from criterion.
I purchased a factory 16" super duty mod 1 16" complete upper receiver kit (EBCG, upper,super42 H2,trigger). When i took my normal array of ammo to the bench to figure out what the upper liked i was severely disappointed.
The ammunition i took were :
Federal M855
Federal M193
Federal Gold metal match 69grain and 77grain .223
Nosler Match (black box) 70grain .223

IMI razor core 77grain

Of all the flavors, the TIGHTEST GROUPING was IMI 77 grain at 4 MOA, shot with a NightForce ATACR in a reptilia mount, bi-pod, rear bag, geissele trigger etc. mount and rings were torqued to factory specs.

After seeing the results I went home, cleaned the barrel, took apart the entire upper re-torqued the barrel nut, hand guard, scope mount, etc, confirmed the scope's reticle was level, confirmed occular.. everything i could think of.

The following week I went back out and had similar results.

When I went back home I completely removed the Geissele 16" barrel and noted that the feed ramps looked like a beaver 🦫 had milled them out and not a high quality machine, the ramps were extremely jagged on both edges of either ramp and unpolished somewhat pitted/rough.

When I contacted geissele and sent them photos of the feed ramps, the lack of accuracy for a premium barrel in a premium factory upper, and my concerns, I received a RMA to send in the barrel which I did.
I relayed to Geissele that I had an event I was going to shoot with it and had purchased a criterion which functioned flawlessly and gave me sub MOA 5 shot groupings with IMI 77grains and would not be sending the entire upper, just the barrel. They said that was ok.

Weeks go by and I get a box from geissele, im thinking they RMA'ed my barrel and replaced it... when i open the box i see that its the exact same one that I originally sent to them. When I called and asked if they shot the barrel they said "no" and that they "looked it over" and that it was "fine" they then said that they gave me a complimentary feed ramps polish....
My question to them that went pretty much unanswered was "If im telling you my best group with a vast group of different ammunitions is 4 inches at 100 yards from the bench, supported, and on top of it im telling you there are machining defects visible on the barrel extension itself...wouldn't that suggest that it is possible something is out of wack with the barrel and would warrant at least being test fired?"

Extremely long story, they offered me a small discount code and told me there was nothing more they could do. I offered to give them the barrel back and they could keep it for free which they declined.

/rant over

I like geissele products but ill never run another geissele barrel so long as criterion is around.

The photo included shows the feed ramps, that is after the second range trip with that factory assembled Geissele 16" Super Duty mod 1 upper receiver, there were "maybe" 60 rounds through it at that point, look how torn up the ramps are.
 

Attachments

  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
If there is anyone on here looking at geissele in house produced barrels id caution you to look at something from criterion.
I purchased a factory 16" super duty mod 1 16" complete upper receiver kit (EBCG, upper,super42 H2,trigger). When i took my normal array of ammo to the bench to figure out what the upper liked i was severely disappointed.
The ammunition i took were :
Federal M855
Federal M193
Federal Gold metal match 69grain and 77grain .223
Nosler Match (black box) 70grain .223

IMI razor core 77grain

Of all the flavors, the TIGHTEST GROUPING was IMI 77 grain at 4 MOA, shot with a NightForce ATACR in a reptilia mount, bi-pod, rear bag, geissele trigger etc. mount and rings were torqued to factory specs.

After seeing the results I went home, cleaned the barrel, took apart the entire upper re-torqued the barrel nut, hand guard, scope mount, etc, confirmed the scope's reticle was level, confirmed occular.. everything i could think of.

The following week I went back out and had similar results.

When I went back home I completely removed the Geissele 16" barrel and noted that the feed ramps looked like a beaver 🦫 had milled them out and not a high quality machine, the ramps were extremely jagged on both edges of either ramp and unpolished somewhat pitted/rough.

When I contacted geissele and sent them photos of the feed ramps, the lack of accuracy for a premium barrel in a premium factory upper, and my concerns, I received a RMA to send in the barrel which I did.
I relayed to Geissele that I had an event I was going to shoot with it and had purchased a criterion which functioned flawlessly and gave me sub MOA 5 shot groupings with IMI 77grains and would not be sending the entire upper, just the barrel. They said that was ok.

Weeks go by and I get a box from geissele, im thinking they RMA'ed my barrel and replaced it... when i open the box i see that its the exact same one that I originally sent to them. When I called and asked if they shot the barrel they said "no" and that they "looked it over" and that it was "fine" they then said that they gave me a complimentary feed ramps polish....
My question to them that went pretty much unanswered was "If im telling you my best group with a vast group of different ammunitions is 4 inches at 100 yards from the bench, supported, and on top of it im telling you there are machining defects visible on the barrel extension itself...wouldn't that suggest that it is possible something is out of wack with the barrel and would warrant at least being test fired?"

Extremely long story, they offered me a small discount code and told me there was nothing more they could do. I offered to give them the barrel back and they could keep it for free which they declined.

/rant over

I like geissele products but ill never run another geissele barrel so long as criterion is around.

The photo included shows the feed ramps, that is after the second range trip with that factory assembled Geissele 16" Super Duty mod 1 upper receiver, there were "maybe" 60 rounds through it at that point, look how torn up the ramps are.
That sucks they did you dirty like that. FWIW I just built an upper using a Geissele 16" carbine gas barrel and Mk16 handguard and I love it. Its accurate enough for my needs.

I'd also caution against Daniel Defense. I got one of their V7 uppers and I am not impressed with accuracy at all. Its not any more accurate than a PSA Freedom barrel. I expect a lot more from them for all the hype and premium price.

People are probably going to jeer at me for posting this but the only premium brand I'll 100% stand by as worth the extra price is Colt. Ive never been dissappointed in a Colt upper. Even the ones made by CZ are excellent.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, i mean sample size of 1 but ive always been a Geissele fan, i have about $1,500 tied up just in various Geissele triggers, not to mention all their little odds and ends... in the conversation I had over the phone with (Brad?) I basically let them
Know they would be losing a life long patron over the small relative cost of a barrel replacement...
 
Yeah, i mean sample size of 1 but ive always been a Geissele fan, i have about $1,500 tied up just in various Geissele triggers, not to mention all their little odds and ends... in the conversation I had over the phone with (Brad?) I basically let them
Know they would be losing a life long patron over the small relative cost of a barrel replacement...
Yeah thats pretty lame. Sounds like they think their chit doesnt stink. I've also had good luck with the SSA-E trigger and Mk16 handguard. That handguard is expensive but its really really nice and super easy to install.
 
Yeah thats pretty lame. Sounds like they think their chit doesnt stink. I've also had good luck with the SSA-E trigger and Mk16 handguard. That handguard is expensive but its really really nice and super easy to install.
The way the super duty platform mates together with the tab is nice, other than that I just got a Ripcord industries rail that has an Arca section built into it...if im going expensive that the was id go from here on out otherwise ill just get a trusty Midwest industries combat rail and call it a day
 
Last year scheel’s had vortex defender XLs (comp dot) for $200 each and I wish I had bought more of them. I want a deal like that again!
 
The way the super duty platform mates together with the tab is nice, other than that I just got a Ripcord industries rail that has an Arca section built into it...if im going expensive that the was id go from here on out otherwise ill just get a trusty Midwest industries combat rail and call it a day
Yeah, if you buy the complete upper. The Mk16 I got is the version that doesn't have the tab that mates to the top of a Geissele upper. Obviously, the tab wouldn't work if using a standard milspec M4 upper. There are two versions, one for use with a Geissele upper and one for use with a standard upper.
 
Last year scheel’s had vortex defender XLs (comp dot) for $200 each and I wish I had bought more of them. I want a deal like that again!
It’s back on sale for $200!!
Too bad I ordered 2@$250 a couple weeks ago 🤦🏻‍♂️
 
Last edited:
You’re right! Nice will have to get a couple. I slightly prefer the green dot from holosun (I know vortex has it now too) but I’ll take a couple for 200 for sure.
Hell yes!
I tried a green dot before and it must be something with my eyes that just don’t see it that well outside.
The defender xl is impressive just kinda wish it was a rmr. After spending the $on a sro and 507 comp I’d go with the defender for the price and the dot is so damn crisp.
 
Hell yes!
I tried a green dot before and it must be something with my eyes that just don’t see it that well outside.
The defender xl is impressive just kinda wish it was a rmr. After spending the $on a sro and 507 comp I’d go with the defender for the price and the dot is so damn crisp
I always hear we can see green better than red but i've never had any luck with green red dots/holographics. For some reason it has to be red for me.
 
I always hear we can see green better than red but i've never had any luck with green red dots/holographics. For some reason it has to be red for me.
Same here so I wanted to try it. Zeroed it indoors and shot a match with it outdoors the next day and I couldn’t see the damn thing🫣
 
Back
Top Bottom