18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

CA legal Glock gen 6 rumor mill

I'll say one thing, Glock seems to hate giving anyone any info about what they are doing until they have a product ready to sell so we won't probably hear anything for a long time
 
interestingly they do have a weird section right next to the extractor where an LCI could go. We will see, I think they probably would have tried to keep gen 3s on the roster if they weren't planning a new roster entry
Probably not with the Glock ban. The only reason they were producing Gen3s was for California. So if you are going to produce LCI and magazine disconnect guns, no need to keep Gen3 around. See the recent increased sales of Springfield Armory and Sig pistols that moved past the Gen3 concepts to thinner and optics cuts. Glock was being left behind.
 
I would buy one immediately if they were available. Just because. I'd like something like the G47 COA, or a long slide 10mm since I didn't get around to buying a G40 last year like I had planned on.
 
There will still be opportunities for plate makers to make products to fill in the gaps:

IMG_7358.jpeg
 
I would buy one immediately if they were available. Just because. I'd like something like the G47 COA, or a long slide 10mm since I didn't get around to buying a G40 last year like I had planned on.
The gen 6 announcement right now only included 3 models, all 9mm: G17, G19, G45. All are optic ready (non-MOS, not A-cut), no COA in sight.
 
Looks like they are calling it ORS. Optic Ready …..something. Probably system. Or sights. Or slide. Or 💩.IMG_7360.jpeg
 
Doesn't AB 1127 specifically outlaw pistols with "Cruciform Trigger Bars"?

The gen 6 still has a cruciform trigger bar....

I know the changes were made to prevent MG conversions, but that lasted about a week.

I hope I am wrong, but California never throws us a bone.
 
Doesn't AB 1127 specifically outlaw pistols with "Cruciform Trigger Bars"?

The gen 6 still has a cruciform trigger bar....

I know the changes were made to prevent MG conversions, but that lasted about a week.

I hope I am wrong, but California never throws us a bone.
it's cruciform trigger bars that can be converted with a specific list of "hand tools", so it can have a cruciform trigger bar but be legal if there is enough metal in it that you can't cut with a carbon steel hack saw. Luckily dremel is not on the list.
 
it's cruciform trigger bars that can be converted with a specific list of "hand tools", so it can have a cruciform trigger bar but be legal if there is enough metal in it that you can't cut with a carbon steel hack saw. Luckily dremel is not on the list.
I’m sure it will be. Has anyone told Home Depot and Harbor Freight yet that a bunch of their products got a bunch of guns banned?😂
 
I would assume glock would do SOMETHING to get their pistols for sale in CA.
In all likelihood, it'll be a modified Gen3 or a Gen V tailored for CA.

All companies say they are "working on" things to keep your loyalty, but doesn't mean it's actually in the works.
 
I would assume glock would do SOMETHING to get their pistols for sale in CA.
In all likelihood, it'll be a modified Gen3 or a Gen V tailored for CA.

All companies say they are "working on" things to keep your loyalty, but doesn't mean it's actually in the works.
Nah, gen 3 are discontinued, gen V are a stopgap. If they'd do anything it is add an mag disconnect and paint the extractor red on gen 6 and sell it here for the next 10 years.
 
Back
Top Bottom