- Messages
- 866
Would I get in trouble if I posted about this forum on their announcement thread?
I mentioned this site in OT under the “
Hasn’t been deleted yet, but then again the site can’t load so I’m safe either way, haha!!
Last edited:
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
Would I get in trouble if I posted about this forum on their announcement thread?
That I don't care as he didn't seem to care about the fact I lost my years of history when I had to reset my password lol.The petty janitor would delete your post.
Modifications against the current setup is yet another recipe for disaster. Gotta fix the issue before adding more complexity.Kestryll, from the FB group
I don't think that's a good way to do it. If anything just put a link in your signature and a link to your CAguns Feedback. It's subtle and not in your face. I posted before in the General discussion forum and it got deleted when I first started the site. They're ok with most sites, but the locals don't really like CAguns. I've already had some people call this a Liberal Gun Owners Only group while they hold out for Calguns. It was a very interesting conversation, but some people really think this way.Would I get in trouble if I posted about this forum on their announcement thread?
Kes confirmed the problem I assumed it was below. They remapped a lot of things, the way we're configured here to offload images but when he moved everything back to a single source on the dedicated server, it broke everything. He has to 1.) redownload all the attachements 2.) map them to the directory.It's been super slow for me as well. Also, this "update" removed my profile image. I tried adding it once more and it gives me an error. Unable to for now.

My guess is the issue he's running into right now is the database is configured for cloud service. The cloud service has several different mapped urls for different services. When he went back to a dedicated server, the mappings are all over the place and he's not able to find the right entries to set the base urls along with the other attachments. Hence, kinda stuck and needed to show the debug info to see where everything is at. The directory structure itself looks like its configured properly, so its likely that there's some smaller settings he's not aware of that's he can't find to get certain pages to render properly. Instead it shows blank hence, he can't get out of maintenance.
You can tell because some of the images show up and others when you log in don't. From what I can tell from lookin at the site, there's a problem finding the ./core/ directory. Really though, he should go ahead and pay for the site on vbulletin. Then nuke uploading images. Then ask the community to remove images. Then again, that might also be a problem if the configuration is pointing to the wrong directories.
Right, but some people just have it in their mind..That's really sad to hear and completely not true!


It’s ok. I kind of expect it. I hope I’m not rude, just pointing out that he ain’t broke because of the site and it’s not as altruistic as many people on calguns believe. It’s his side hustle that brings in a good amount.How did he gain control ikeo, seems like a very poor choice to me ( I bet he logs into here as a guest lol).
Hey @ikeo1, let me know how I can help in my free time. I am willing to give a hand because we need more websites/forums with active members fighting tooth and nail for our rights and helping each other.Guilty pleasures are a thing.. Here hopefully we can get the news and comedy without the drama. We're going to try hard to break up squabbles fast and furious...
No update in ~2 weeks now. I noticed on calguns.org OLight is the latest member which made his first post on 8.6.24 So its likely he's still doing things for some sponsors and not approving normies. I also noticed on the FB page a post for GSSF. The people paying are getting some responses, but the community at large does not.
On that note,
I also sent another message offering to buy calguns.net so i can possibly fix it. I'm thinking it would be a no go, but it was worth a shot.
- We're gearing up to support vendors and FFL's here since our traffic is getting pretty good 700-800 active members daily ~1-2k non-members coming and going.
- Also looking for volunteers to contribute news worthy posts..
- We'll be doing some promos for user generated content, reviews for products soon too.
We mainly need help with content, ie: posting newsworthy articles and happenings here and helping one another out if possible.Hey @ikeo1, let me know how I can help in my free time. I am willing to give a hand because we need more websites/forums with active members fighting tooth and nail for our rights and helping each other.
It’s ok. We don’t need to ask rn. It should be when people want to. We’re good for the time being, community involvement is better for us now.Umm, try tossing in 5.00 a month lol.
It's not a lot and you get a badge.
With this said, are fully featured bouncing mammaries a future avatar upgrade?It’s ok. We don’t need to ask rn. It should be when people want to. We’re good for the time being, community involvement is better for us now.
The important part now is keeping the peace with the influx of people and maintaining our vibe of tolerance and decorum
Sorry, no. This is one of the reasons why we want to keep Calguns around. We’d like to make this site where women are welcomed and to make 2A great again.With this said, are fully featured bouncing mammaries a future avatar upgrade?
I saw more people offering assistance over there before it shut back down. Doing the back of the napkin math I'm kind of annoyed how poorly this is going. My monthly contribution there alone pays for 50% of his hosting fees. where the heck does the rest of the money go? I realize he's a private organization, but my point about the money is that it's not being spent on the infrastructure.I, too, have been frustrated by the lack of communication and apparent stubbornness to accept assistance. I only found out about this site this morning when reading a post by ikeo1 over there.
Thank you for making this site available.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!