18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Poll Calguns Data Migration Round 2 - Aug 3

Take a survey

How long til they come back up?

  • On Schedule - Monday

    Votes: 3 1.8%
  • 1 week

    Votes: 8 4.9%
  • 2 weeks

    Votes: 68 41.5%
  • 2 more weeks!

    Votes: 85 51.8%

  • Total voters
    164
But when Calguns resurfaced, it appears that many users shuffled on back in a futile attempt to rekindle the way things used to be. Now that Calguns has left everyone hanging again, folks are coming on back to CAguns. So maybe this isn't so bad after all.

i dont think thats the case, I dont think most people even know about this website, so its not that they came here and left back, its just that they were waiting for the other site to come back. I know a handful of gun people locally and they all didnt even know this site existed so thats probably the case for most people, they are sitting on the sidelines waiting for the only site they know
 
i dont think thats the case, I dont think most people even know about this website, so its not that they came here and left back, its just that they were waiting for the other site to come back. I know a handful of gun people locally and they all didnt even know this site existed so thats probably the case for most people, they are sitting on the sidelines waiting for the only site they know
Well said. I have been a calguns user for over 10 years. I just found out about this site.
 
I can't wait until this site starts to receive as many postings as calguns did. It's like going from 1990's Craigslist to a modern platform
 
Anyone have a update with Calguns?
This site is great but has a fraction of users which really hit's hard if one is wanting to sell.
The janitor trying to figure out how to spin up the site in real time.

If you list here, you can post your pics and drop links to them on Calguns and help us grow and make a better experience and leverage our feedback system which doesn’t exist on Calguns

 
Calguns is honestly the worst run website I’ve ever seen. Looks like it’s from the early 1990’s and it’s pathetic. But…it does have a lot of users and it’s much easier to buy/sell on their platform. Can’t believe it takes them this long to “update” their website.
You just confirmed why it has been the go to site for CA and to call it pathetic is very wrong imo. Craigslist looks just the same as it did 20 years ago yet still remains very strong, Calguns had upgraded usage simplicity just a bit ago for selling listings which I thought was fantastic, very simple to load regular pictures. The vast amount of discussion forums was one of the best outside of Gunboards which is now a shell of itself from what it used to be.
 
The janitor trying to figure out how to spin up the site in real time.

If you list here, you can post your pics and drop links to them on Calguns and help us grow and make a better experience and leverage our feedback system which doesn’t exist on Calguns

Yes I know and I like this site ikeo but the fact is there is hardly any membership as compared to CN, no disrespect intended.
I never had a problem with feedback on CN other then those who just wouldn't bother even when I left them one.
 
Calguns had upgraded usage simplicity just a bit ago for selling listings which I thought was fantastic, very simple to load regular pictures. The vast amount of discussion forums was one of the best outside of Gunboards which is now a shell of itself from what it used to be.

IMO the marketplace experience needed updating, so I built this site. Also security protocols also needed to be updated. Calguns was hacked in Feb of 24’ due to running out of date software. The community is great but lacks professional backend operation. That’s been my biggest gripe.

Your information is not safe. Craigslist is run as a business with professionals on the backend being the biggest difference.

Yes I know and I like this site ikeo but the fact is there is hardly any membership as compared to CN, no disrespect intended.

No worries! I’ve grown businesses before and I’m used to being the underdog. We’re growing and will continue to do so. 🙂 This is a hobby I’m passionate about and wanted to provide a space for folks due to the instability of CN.

When Calguns has issues, you’re always welcome here to browse to pass time while they get things going again.
 
The USS Texas was one of the last Dreadnought's the United States built yet served in 2 world wars and was lethal in the second one, what one looks like and what it can do is very different. It's sad to me so much angst being tossed at CN here, it's where we all came from for pete's sake!
People were upset with the leadership over there. Before I started this site I offered to help, I received no response.

I and many others have no ill will towards CN, some do for various reasons. I wanted to improve things and secure the site and reduce cost. I even documented the steps here if the janitor wanted to reach out. I think that’s what some people are frustrated about. Many have asked to help and been denied without even so much as a response.
 
Looks like config is back up and running with debug mode on. The directory structure is completely exposed for the time being. He’ll get it up eventually, once it’s up it’s going to take some additional time to reconfigure other parts of the system. So I’d guesstimate 70-75% complete

IMG_5700.png
 
Many have asked to help and been denied without even so much as a response.

There was a site that went up about 2005 that catered to a specfic interest here in SoCal. It was great. All the cool kids came, newbies were welcome, and everyone knew one another. Things were pretty good for six or eight years, until technical issues arose. The owner squashed the bugs, but more popped up. They multiplied faster than he could fix them. Eventually the site became unusable. The owner thought his site was the shizz and that he was going to get rich off it. He was the king, and the king needed no help from peasants. He really should have accepted help or turned the reins over to someone who could stay on top of it. The site fizzled, everyone left, and it's now a hollow shell of what it used to be. Out of curiosity I just checked the site. The most recent post was last year. It's been three months since an administrator logged in. I suppose this is could be a cautionary tale, not only for Internet forums, but for many other things in life. When things are dark and you're sinking, don't be so bigheaded that you refuse assistance.
 
People were upset with the leadership over there. Before I started this site I offered to help, I received no response.

I and many others have no ill will towards CN, some do for various reasons. I wanted to improve things and secure the site and reduce cost. I even documented the steps here if the janitor wanted to reach out. I think that’s what some people are frustrated about. Many have asked to help and been denied without even so much as a response.
He really should imo, rivalry in no way is better then unison for a common cause.
 
Back
Top Bottom