- Messages
- 5,699
tl;dr the cheap 2011 matched or exceeded the performance in testing. Funny
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Stock for stock guns, no parts added that we could see. Just shows the real life resultsAs with anything the shooter is more important than the firearm. Additionally, can a Pinto beat a Ferrari? Absolutely, if you put the right parts on it.
Wait until they find out the same thing can happen with just about any firearmStock for stock guns, no parts added that we could see. Just shows the real life results
You've just explained the point of the video. 99.5% of shooters wouldn't get a performance gain. As with any sport only the elite can really extract the best of the machinery. Better to save the money for ammo and training. But just like buying a Ducati V4R if you have the money and you like it then enjoy!Wait until they find out the same thing can happen with just about any firearm![]()
I agree if you're a guy shooting 3x a week you would noticeMost people likely can't tell a different but Honest Outlaw and PewView both bought Sand Vipers and no one owns and shoots more 2011s than those guys. That tells me there probably are some subtle things that all add up to a superior experience to many cheaper (but not cheap) guns. Like with cars, watches, food, clothing, it takes experience to truly notice the slight differences.
For sure, I didn't buy the SV because I thought it would offer any more performance than anything I already owned. I bought it because it's one of the coolest pistols that has been made until this point (IMO). I absolutely love to shoot it, which is why I do so much, but it likely only gives a 5-10% advantage over a pimped out Glock with a comp. And those in a normal state would cost about half of what the Prodigy does.You've just explained the point of the video. 99.5% of shooters wouldn't get a performance gain. As with any sport only the elite can really extract the best of the machinery. Better to save the money for ammo and training. But just like buying a Ducati V4R if you have the money and you like it then enjoy!
Right just like he can be on a brand new liter bike with full electronics suite and I can pass him like he's standing still on a 2011 Ninja 250 lolFor sure, I didn't buy the SV because I thought it would offer any more performance than anything I already owned. I bought it because it's one of the coolest pistols that has been made until this point (IMO). I absolutely love to shoot it, which is why I do so much, but it likely only gives a 5-10% advantage over a pimped out Glock with a comp. And those in a normal state would cost about half of what the Prodigy does.
I did grow up around 1911's though, so I am slightly biased to the controls of 1911/2011's, and they are nice to shoot.
The shooter will make more difference than the gun in the majority of scenarios.
If you give Christian Sailer a High Point, he's still gonna kick your butt even if you have his custom built Open gun.
Exactly. I did similar things to liter bikes when running my Buell at the track. They would come whizzing by in the straight, then I zoom right by them in the cornerRight just like he can be on a brand new liter bike with full electronics suite and I can pass him like he's standing still on a 2011 Ninja 250 lol
Don't see many of those, especially nowExactly. I did similar things to liter bikes when running my Buell at the track. They would come whizzing by in the straight, then I zoom right by them in the corner![]()
I had several Buells, EBR & VROD's not long ago. Widdled it down to one Buell. XB12S Lightning. My favorite bike I've owned so far. The top speed limitation keeps me out of trouble. Only bike I ever got tickets on was my EBR. 3 tickets on it in 2 years. My other bikes? 0 tickets in decadesDon't see many of those, especially now
I don’t think you meant this literally, but I get the gist of what you’re saying. Even on YouTube there are plenty of guys who own more 2011s that both of them combined such as the weapon collective and possibly 2A-n-LA. In terms of shooting volume, some competitive shooters on the platform probably crest well over 100k+ rounds a year and 1/3 to half of them are on 2011s depending on whether they also travel around teaching and if their students are more LEO/SOF guys that year or more civilian/competitive shooters.Most people likely can't tell a different but Honest Outlaw and PewView both bought Sand Vipers and no one owns and shoots more 2011s than those guys. That tells me there probably are some subtle things that all add up to a superior experience to many cheaper (but not cheap) guns. Like with cars, watches, food, clothing, it takes experience to truly notice the slight differences.
How do you have millions in 2011's tf - that's 143 $7k 2011'sI don’t think you meant this literally, but I get the gist of what you’re saying. Even on YouTube there are plenty of guys who own more 2011s that both of them combined such as the weapon collective and possibly 2A-n-LA. In terms of shooting volume, some competitive shooters on the platform probably crest well over 100k+ rounds a year and 1/3 to half of them are on 2011s depending on whether they also travel around teaching and if their students are more LEO/SOF guys that year or more civilian/competitive shooters.
In terms of everyday owners/users, there are people I’ve met on this site and just in CA in general that have several millions of dollars in just 2011s. It’s pretty insane, but they’re the collectors driving a lot of the upper end of the market and also the people I regularly sell stuff to, so I don’t mind personally.
They usually have multiples of the same gun so they have a set and also $7k is around where the mid or upper mid tier is (all kind of subjective). There are 2011s that go for above $12k-$15k from custom shops or drops from infinity/SVI depending on the material, whether it’s an open gun, etc.How do you have millions in 2011's tf - that's 143 $7k 2011's
1. Fair. Competitive shooters might shoot more than PewView and HO but I'd wager they own more AND shoot more. Both those guys have huge gun rooms with dozens of everything. There are probably richer collectors that own more but from what I know of uber wealthy, they rarely have time to enjoy their purchases as much. It's depreciating returns.I don’t think you meant this literally, but I get the gist of what you’re saying. Even on YouTube there are plenty of guys who own more 2011s that both of them combined such as the weapon collective and possibly 2A-n-LA. In terms of shooting volume, some competitive shooters on the platform probably crest well over 100k+ rounds a year and 1/3 to half of them are on 2011s depending on whether they also travel around teaching and if their students are more LEO/SOF guys that year or more civilian/competitive shooters.
In terms of everyday owners/users, there are people I’ve met on this site and just in CA in general that have several millions of dollars in just 2011s. It’s pretty insane, but they’re the collectors driving a lot of the upper end of the market and also the people I regularly sell stuff to, so I don’t mind personally.
1. Fair. Competitive shooters might shoot more than PewView and HO but I'd wager they own more AND shoot more. Both those guys have huge gun rooms with dozens of everything. There are probably richer collectors that own more but from what I know of uber wealthy, they rarely have time to enjoy their purchases as much. It's depreciating returns.
2. Are the collectors you know "driving up the market" because they own redundant examples and they're fluffing the market themselves? This happens in the collector car world a lot.