18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

CCW IN ORANGE COUNTY

I don't think that's been the case for a while now? OCSD has consistently been in the 80-120 day mark for processing and mailing initial, renewals, and modifications in my experience and those of plenty of others I've heard from. And that's in terms of start to finish.
Good to know they finally got their crap together when I got mine years ago I had to wait just over 2 months. But I know ppl over the last few years were waiting close to 4 months plus for the interview.

Side note to OP* make sure you have e all the guns you will want on your lisc. With you. Add ons never happen after the fact. It is a waste of money and time. I tried it 1x and never got added til my renewal was up.
 
Last edited:
My interview date with OCSD is about 6 weeks from when I submitted my application. They’re quick
6 weeks is a huge improvement from when I first applied over 8 years ago. If I remember correctly, my initial was close to a year if not maybe more before I got my interview. After the interview, it was probably another 2 months?? Maybe 3? If you do decide to use 10-8 Tactical, please update how they were when you take the live fire class.. Appreciate it.
 
Update to OCSD timeline in case anyone searches this up in the future:

2026 timeline:

8/22- Submitted my CCW pro application
9/19- Livescan submitted
9/19- CA cleared - Livescan
9/19- DOJ cleared - Livescan
9/29- Firearms still pending - Livescan
9/29- contact by OCSD for interview- scheduled for 10/15
9/30- OCSD contacted me to inform that one of my serial numbers came back “no record”; asked me to update
9/30- I sent OCSD my DROS copy to confirm the serial number
9/30- OCSD confirmed this cleared it up
10/2- Firearms portion of Livescan cleared- Livescan complete

10/3-10/15 - Plan on completing my training course and live fire in this period to be able to lock in the license quickly after interview.

10/15- scheduled interview pending
 
Update to OCSD timeline in case anyone searches this up in the future:

2026 timeline:

8/22- Submitted my CCW pro application
9/19- Livescan submitted
9/19- CA cleared - Livescan
9/19- DOJ cleared - Livescan
9/29- Firearms still pending - Livescan
9/29- contact by OCSD for interview- scheduled for 10/15
9/30- OCSD contacted me to inform that one of my serial numbers came back “no record”; asked me to update
9/30- I sent OCSD my DROS copy to confirm the serial number
9/30- OCSD confirmed this cleared it up
10/2- Firearms portion of Livescan cleared- Livescan complete

10/3-10/15 - Plan on completing my training course and live fire in this period to be able to lock in the license quickly after interview.

10/15- scheduled interview pending
livescan doesn't get completed till application is approved?
 
Back
Top Bottom