18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

CLI of the CA-legal(on the roster) Sig Sauer P211

do all of these with the LCI require a different barrel?
 
NO!

Newly added CA legal pistols must have the CA DOJ certified Chamber Load Indicator(CLI).

Loaded Chambere Indicator(LCI) won't meet the CA DOJ's requirements.

CLI is one of the LCI however the LCI may not be CLI.
 
They’re in-stock at RG. 5 left. $2,099.
 
The standard design has required a different barrel - the LCI is pushed up with a round in the chamber.
that's what I thought, somehow S&W figured out how to do the same thing with a standard barrel though.
 
how about the gaping hole in your barrel pouring exhaust gas all over your red dot?
Swipe it off. That or change the barrel. LCI isn't going away any time soon. Functionally, I guess the extractor is the other best thing like how the Echelon does it. Text is on the actual slide itself though.
 
Id perfer this style since it just drops out. The hdp4 lci self its nicer but still an extra slice of metal to get dirty and mess with extracting possibly. My showdow system one is just stuck up always. Maybe some compressed air might help.
 
Educate me.

I get we have to have it and all but whats the tactical/functional disadvantage of having it?

Assuming you ditch that plate for an optic, it's pretty low key overall.
 
Educate me.

I get we have to have it and all but whats the tactical/functional disadvantage of having it?

Assuming you ditch that plate for an optic, it's pretty low key overall.
there isn't really one except that a new barrel needs to have a notch cut into it. That doesn't matter nearly as much for a slide that's already optic cut but like the California p226 LCI basically makes it impossible to get milled for an optic and then even when you buy a new slide your barrel has a chunk out of it where the LCI goes. So that's annoying. I think a lot of people just get irrationally angry about the LCI and want to take it out, I personally only care if it gets in the way of what I want to do.
 
there isn't really one except that a new barrel needs to have a notch cut into it. That doesn't matter nearly as much for a slide that's already optic cut but like the California p226 LCI basically makes it impossible to get milled for an optic and then even when you buy a new slide your barrel has a chunk out of it where the LCI goes. So that's annoying. I think a lot of people just get irrationally angry about the LCI and want to take it out, I personally only care if it gets in the way of what I want to do.
Ah I see. I understand. Thank you for the breakdown.
 
Educate me.

I get we have to have it and all but whats the tactical/functional disadvantage of having it?

Assuming you ditch that plate for an optic, it's pretty low key overall.
Honestly the disadvantage is just it getting stuck in the "loaded" postiond and just not working as intended. but if its like the other sig if you use a optic it is then removed. Overall i dont mind them if they work. The xd has a good working one i felt.
 
Last edited:
Hilarious because it goes away when you add an optic, then you can't ever see the LCI again either too. Same as the M18
 
Back
Top Bottom