18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Considering moving from California to a Free State. Looking for advice, ideas, books, websites.

A book I like is called Strategic Relocation. This book looks at a variety of natural and nuclear disasters, as well as the politics, tax rates, & second amendment friendliness. Well, worth getting a copy.

My short list is Prescott AZ, the Reno NV basin, and the only one I haven’t visited yet is the Treasure Valley area west of Boise, ID. I’m 58. Need to stay put till 62 so my daughter can finish high school. Also keeping close eye on Prop 40.
 
What is MAGA
Believe it or not, (let’s) Make America Great Again (MAGA) was originally a slogan from the Ronald Reagan campaign. I still have an original bumper sticker that I proudly display in my garage. I know you weren’t questioning what MAGA is, just thought I’d share some cool history to the conversation. The good ole days
IMG_0810.webp
 
Last edited:
Believe it or not, (let’s) Make America Great Again (MAGA) was originally a slogan from the Ronald Reagan campaign. I still have an original bumper sticker that I proudly display in my garage. I know you weren’t questioning what MAGA is, just thought I’d share some cool history to the conversation. The good ole days
View attachment 262357
Reagan even had the red hats!
 
Tell me again how you determine who's undocumented - do I go straight to asking them for their papers, or is there something else I should be looking for?
How would I know haha although ironically I’m surveilling this illegal guy doing insurance fraud and he has no SSN

I was just saying don’t fear monger silly stuff like that. That’s not real life.
 
I was curious about the definition he would give because on FB and social media it seems to be basically a catch all term for anyone they disagree with. I've seen many people called MAGA that don't even like Trump, or they're centrist or left wing but they made a good point the person didn't like and they start screaming about MAGA and Trump. Often on unrelated topics that have nothing to do with the president. It's honestly bizarre, and I usually get no real definition given when asked how they define "a MAGA" ... they use it as a noun instead of a slogan

Isn’t that essentially the exact same thing that happened to the word “woke”?

To answer your original question, when I say MAGA I’m referring to the Trump-centered populist-nationalist movement that became dominant within the Republican Party after 2016. Trump is obviously MAGA, as are figures like Vance, Miller, Hegseth and Patel. I’m not using MAGA as a synonym for “conservative” or “Republican.” There are conservatives who were never meaningfully MAGA, or who were previously aligned with Trump and have since broken with him, such as Massie, Rand Paul, Tucker Carlson and Dave Smith.
 
I've been thinking about this for the far future. New Hampshire looks appealing. Beautiful scenery, no state income tax. Permitless carry, no AWB, no mag ban, no NFA ban, no retarded 10 day wait, no ffl for private sales. This may be subject to change in the future of course. Pretty sure I read about some typical bloomberg shill politician pushing for lots of gun control bills.

Property taxes are high but median property values are much lower than in CA so that probably cancels out.

If you're a c&r, antique, or future machine gun collector then it also has one of the biggest gun auctioneers, Poulins.
EDIT: actually that's in Maine, whoops.
 
Last edited:
Tell me again how you determine who's undocumented - do I go straight to asking them for their papers, or is there something else I should be looking for?
Best way is to just ask. I know which of my wife’s friends are legal or not lmao. And she always carries her green card with her per federal law.
 
Iv
Isn’t that essentially the exact same thing that happened to the word “woke”?

To answer your original question, when I say MAGA I’m referring to the Trump-centered populist-nationalist movement that became dominant within the Republican Party after 2016. Trump is obviously MAGA, as are figures like Vance, Miller, Hegseth and Patel. I’m not using MAGA as a synonym for “conservative” or “Republican.” There are conservatives who were never meaningfully MAGA, or who were previously aligned with Trump and have since broken with him, such as Massie, Rand Paul, Tucker Carlson and Dave Smith
I’ve never seen someone called “a woke” lol and no can’t say I’ve ever seen someone go off frothing at the mouth about the president on unrelated topics like that. If they’re talking about something being gay and woke they’ll generally focus on the actual topic they’re calling woke. Good current example is the new gears of war game that’s flopping badly due to being infected with that ideology

But you don’t see the mouth frothing about the president or MAGA / woke in that way nope. It’s very one sided especially in the fb Hill groups
 
Back
Top Bottom