18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Pics CZ Photo Thread

Steel Challenge is just 5 steel targets at different distances in varying arrays. One target stand post is painted red . You can shoot them in any order , but the red one is shot last. There is nothing to knock over. There is a category for 22 lr. Carry Optics etc.

USPSA has a Power Factor to make sure steel targets get knocked over.
Ahhhh ok my bad.
 
I just picked up my first cz, it’s an sp01. I shot one back around 2017 and fell in love with it and finally was able to get one, have any of you gotten it milled for a DPP pattern?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0992.webp
    IMG_0992.webp
    59.5 KB · Views: 48
I just picked up my first cz, it’s an sp01. I shot one back around 2017 and fell in love with it and finally was able to get one, have any of you gotten it milled for a DPP pattern?
Nice score. First thing you need to do is get rid of that hook trigger I can't stand those things. My suggestion is the fully adjustable 85 trigger and get the Cajun floating trigger pin also. sorry can't help you on the milling.
 
Nice score. First thing you need to do is get rid of that hook trigger I can't stand those things. My suggestion is the fully adjustable 85 trigger and get the Cajun floating trigger pin also. sorry can't help you on the milling.
I’m definitely going to do the whole Cajun setup, I’m still trying to decide if I’ll do it on my own or just pay someone to do it, the place I plan to get it milled is a Cajun dealer.
 
I just picked up my first cz, it’s an sp01. I shot one back around 2017 and fell in love with it and finally was able to get one, have any of you gotten it milled for a DPP pattern?
Drew with Vigilante Machining will treat you right. He does great work.

A Cajun Pro Package will make that gun a beast and you won't want to shoot anything else
 
I just picked up my first cz, it’s an sp01. I shot one back around 2017 and fell in love with it and finally was able to get one, have any of you gotten it milled for a DPP pattern?
Wager Machine is great if you want to leave the rear sight on. They don’t give any other option. This means your optic covers your extractor pin and you need to remove the optic to deep clean the extractor after 3-4000 rounds. They did my P-01.

Vigilante Machine has more options and he did my SP-01 with no rear or front sight. It’s a competition only gun. Great work. I can remove my extractor no issues. He zeroed the sight and it was waaaay off. I looked like an idiot at USPSA practice until I zeroed it the next day.
 
Mocker…. Is your Kadet kit a Kadet 2. The 2 has the large part of the slide fixed with a smaller section the moves. The new Kadet have full slides that function like a 75. I as you this because with the Kadet 2 you need to run a much stronger main spring like a 17# for it to fire reliably . For years I used my 75 bsa with the 2 unit for playing with different ways and target orders to shoot steel challenge . As far as different recoil springs and firing pins goes you may want to visit the original CZ forum as there is a complete section dedicated to the Kadet. At the end of the day for ME I ran a stock fp and recoil springs, SAO, 17# main/hammer spring, and Armscor ammo. The ammo selection is the biggest factor. Again I’m talking about the Kadet 2 here. I’m not talking about the full slide moving unit. I know zero about that one. Not many things more fun than shooting a CZ Kadet unit!!! And they are wicked accurate..
I have a stock P-01 with the OEM main spring. It ran on that like a champ. It’s the Kadet with the large fixed part and smaller moving part. I figured I can make that a dedicated Kadet frame. I have a ridiculous amount of 22lr I bought right before Covid. I started reloading and then never touched 22 after. Now I can start using it up.

I shot cheap ( Remington Thunderbolt) and expensive (CCI mini mag HP) 22lr through it and it ran flawlessly and very accurate. I’m concerned about the lifespan of the recoil spring and firing pin. I just broke a firing pin on a P-01 after about 11,000 rounds.
 
I have a stock P-01 with the OEM main spring. It ran on that like a champ. It’s the Kadet with the large fixed part and smaller moving part. I figured I can make that a dedicated Kadet frame. I have a ridiculous amount of 22lr I bought right before Covid. I started reloading and then never touched 22 after. Now I can start using it up.

I shot cheap ( Remington Thunderbolt) and expensive (CCI mini mag HP) 22lr through it and it ran flawlessly and very accurate. I’m concerned about the lifespan of the recoil spring and firing pin. I just broke a firing pin on a P-01 after about 11,000 rounds.
Sorry my spell checker called you Mocker vs Joker 🤣. I should have spell checked spell checker 😂
 
I’m definitely going to do the whole Cajun setup, I’m still trying to decide if I’ll do it on my own or just pay someone to do it, the place I plan to get it milled is a Cajun dealer.
I say if you can do it yourself it's more satisfying when you've done the work. There are plenty on videos out there and Cajun even has some. And if you need any help feel free to contact me, I love working on CZs.
 
I just picked up my first cz, it’s an sp01. I shot one back around 2017 and fell in love with it and finally was able to get one, have any of you gotten it milled for a DPP pattern?
Wagner does a great job milling for an optic. They're reasonable in pricing and quick. I had them mill for a 507k on my SP-01 but I thought it was a little small for the pistol. If I were to do it again I'd put an RMR optic on it even if I had to run a plate. The Holosun 407c x3 is my new favorite. And yes a CGW trigger is a must.
 
Regarding optic cuts, if you want someone local to CA, Blackbeard Frameworks in Santa Rosa cut mine for the CZ Custom plate system, which is interchangeable between DPP/RMR (you'd need to buy the extra plate though). Moreauworks down in San Diego can also do a native DPP cut and is good/cheap.

The only concern I have with a direct cut for a DPP footprint is that Vortex dots seem to have a pretty bad track record of failing, but they're backed by a no-questions-asked warranty. However, if you get a replacement, it's not guaranteed that the exact tolerances will be the same. So if you have a rock solid version, it's no problem, but if you need a replacement, you might need the cut adjusted / it won't be as snug.
 
Regarding optic cuts, if you want someone local to CA, Blackbeard Frameworks in Santa Rosa cut mine for the CZ Custom plate system, which is interchangeable between DPP/RMR (you'd need to buy the extra plate though). Moreauworks down in San Diego can also do a native DPP cut and is good/cheap.

The only concern I have with a direct cut for a DPP footprint is that Vortex dots seem to have a pretty bad track record of failing, but they're backed by a no-questions-asked warranty. However, if you get a replacement, it's not guaranteed that the exact tolerances will be the same. So if you have a rock solid version, it's no problem, but if you need a replacement, you might need the cut adjusted / it won't be as snug.
Yeah moreauworks is where I plan on going since I’m in San Diego, I have a delta point pro that I got with turners optic sale they’re having. I considered the vortex defender but decided not to get it
 
Honestly, my most favorite horse in the stable
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7366.webp
    IMG_7366.webp
    177.1 KB · Views: 35
I was getting double feeds last weekend at DAP practice. Thought it was my magazine springs. Ordered 8. Just took my pistol apart . Got my first failed part . My barrel bushing flew out.

I noticed that it looked like the sight pin looked like it was not installed after I got it back from being milled for the red dot.

I forgot about it and shot it. That pin also holds in the barrel bushing . I forgot that too.

Luckily I bought a bushing from CGW in December. I just hit 20k down the pipe so it’s time to change it anyway.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0853.webp
    IMG_0853.webp
    136.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom