18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Pics CZ Photo Thread

what is the best sight for CZ shadow 2? I cannot decide betwee Holosun 507Comp or Holosun EPS
"Best" is subjective. How much are you going to use it? What does it cost? How much does it cost to have your slide milled to fit it? And is the total cost of each worth the number of times you're going to use it?

No one can really answer these questions but you. I would recommend though checking Reddit and seeing if you can find those sights on other pistol forums and seeing what people have to say about them individually.

I shoot just fine without an add on site, though in retrospect I wish that I had bought a gun with a rail on the bottom for a light.
 
My CZ shadow 2 is OR. Need to consider whether it's best to go with open or closed emitter. The CZ pistol have really low slide that is hard to rack so I want an optic that I can safely racked via grabbing the sight.
 
507 comp will be much bigger, so if you're using the S2 for competition, that's a clear winner. On the other hand, EPS Carry would be be a better fit (width wise) for the slide if you're planning on carrying. EPS is the middle ground - bigger than the EPS carry, and more rugged since the dot is enclosed, but not as good for competition.
 
My CZ SP01, when the hammer is fully down, I pulling the trigger in DA mode. After a pulling the trigger partially, I hear a click. If I leave my finger off the trigger, the hammer stay in half cocked position. Is this normal behavior? I thought you are supposed to manually pull the hammer up into half cocked position after you fully 🐓 it.
 
Last edited:
CZ-TSO.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom