18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Question Derya DY9 or wait for Gen 6 Glocks?

What is everyone's consensus on reliability of the DY9?
I have a friend who wants to get one as his first (and possibly only ever) firearm due to the price/availability right now but I am steering him towards an Echelon
I was hesitant to get one after seeing some early issues including a friend's. I ended up buying one just because of the price point. It has been great 300 rounds in. I like it much better than Glocks which have never worked me. Obviously there are many better options available, but for the money new I can't think of one that matches it out of the box. You won't be able to get one new here in a week or two, but I'm sure the used ones will be even less and no excise tax so should be some good deals eventually
 
I'm considering getting a Derya DY9 so that I can have something resembling a Glock 17. Saw some reviews of the DY9 and it seems decent considering the price point. I also don't want to risk the DY9 ban taking effect by the time the Gen 6s release and losing a possible alternative if the Gen 6s are disappointing. Anyone have any opinion on DY9 versus Glock 17?
Ngl I'd probably settle for an M&P or even a Sig
 
Go Echelon. If it's going to be his only gun, the option to change grip modules opens up a lot of possibilities.
I had him shoot the Derya and Echelon side by side today and he’s leaning Echelon for sure. I explained the swapping of grips etc and he liked that part as well. For a one and done it is worth spending a bit more on it IMO
 
Back
Top Bottom