18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

DGX Spark 128GB

Only two had significance at the time, save dollar as global currency but collapse American economy, or try to save economy but give up on globalization. Since then it just falls into the puzzle places.
Ironically, it seems like we're doing both at the same time! Save the dollar with stablecoins while at the same time trying to isolate.

I think we're all a bit upset prices keep trending higher but wages are stagnant unless you're in AI Tech, so the K is ratioed. Globalization is coming but manufacturing is trying to go regional. Knowledge work is getting globalized and outsourced to the lower priced $/kWh
 
Doesn't mean everything else hasn't affected it. Specifically tariffs and electronics.

The cost of everything has gone up in the last 2 years, despite marketing saying everything is going down and its great.

Prices across the board are up, except ours! We've done shrinkflation!

Thankfully all the people stopped complaining about free not being more free...
You are for sure right but the AI boom and manufacturers changing up product lines is why my PC doubled in value almost lol. And I "only" have a 5070 TI
 
Average price of 9mm case two years ago was $250 and lower on Velocity. Now it's $300 it seems like.

You guys look at the price of diesel? It's going to get immeasurably worse. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Mearsheimer and the realists were 100% on the nose when they predicted this outcome. Say goodbye to empire. You might not feel it today tomorrow, but give it 6-12 months. The petro dollar exit will take at least another decade.

Why is CA diesel a massive $2 more per gallon than the national average? $5.76 for diesel in Texas. $8.37 in CA. https://gasprices.aaa.com/?state=CA Please explain.
 
Ironically, it seems like we're doing both at the same time! Save the dollar with stablecoins while at the same time trying to isolate.

I think we're all a bit upset prices keep trending higher but wages are stagnant unless you're in AI Tech, so the K is ratioed. Globalization is coming but manufacturing is trying to go regional. Knowledge work is getting globalized and outsourced to the lower priced $/kWh
Not really, please keep in mind we are not discussing politics here only economics.

There were three goals required to be complete:
- localize manufacture - bring it back
- establish stablecoin - to convert/break/shift dependancies for debt buyers from foreign to people by institutionalize it (most likely forcing corporations to hold it, that would inevitably lead to everyone in the country holding US debt)
- transition from long to short interest rate - give FRS to control rate from bond market rate that is independent

The rest is deviation ... K-shape always been there.

Disclaimer: that is personal opinion and should not be taken as legal or financial advice
 
Why is CA diesel a massive $2 more per gallon than the national average? $5.76 for diesel in Texas. $8.37 in CA. https://gasprices.aaa.com/?state=CA Please explain.
Not much changed since 1997... MTBE add-ons issues that California was "trying to deal with" that converted to state with huge chocking point ... so not the full list would be:

Special Cleaner-Burning Blend: CARB (California Air Resources Board) mandates a unique, environmentally stringent gasoline formula to reduce smog that fewer regional refineries are configured to produce.

Isolated Infrastructure: The state has no major crude or refined product pipelines crossing the Rockies, meaning it cannot easily pull emergency overflow from the U.S. Gulf Coast; it must rely entirely on local refining or lengthy maritime shipping.

Highest Taxes and Fees: State excise taxes sit at 63.4 cents per gallon (adjusted July 2026), alongside federal taxes, sales taxes, and underground storage fees totaling around $0.90 to $1.25 per gallon in combined state/local fees.

Environmental Program Costs: Compliance mechanisms like the Cap-and-Trade program and Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS) add roughly $0.54 per gallon in direct production overhead.

Refinery Vulnerability: Because local plants run near capacity, any unplanned maintenance or outages immediately choke supply and spike wholesale spot prices far more violently than anywhere else in the nation
 
Not really, please keep in mind we are not discussing politics here only economics.

There were three goals required to be complete:
- localize manufacture - bring it back
- establish stablecoin - to convert/break/shift dependancies for debt buyers from foreign to people by institutionalize it (most likely forcing corporations to hold it, that would inevitably lead to everyone in the country holding US debt)
- transition from long to short interest rate - give FRS to control rate from bond market rate that is independent

The rest is deviation ... K-shape always been there.

Disclaimer: that is personal opinion and should not be taken as legal or financial advice
Totally agree, but I do think we're trying to do it all..

Localize manufacture - trying but not doing well, people are still paying for outside..
Stable coins does two things you mention one, but also foreign buyers will buy us debt like you said I just give it more weight.

K shape has always been there, but getting more extreme in its divergence.

This is just my observation of what we're attempting, though not really succeeding at.. lol.
 
Totally agree, but I do think we're trying to do it all..

Localize manufacture - trying but not doing well, people are still paying for outside..
Stable coins does two things you mention one, but also foreign buyers will buy us debt like you said I just give it more weight.

K shape has always been there, but getting more extreme in its divergence.

This is just my observation of what we're attempting, though not really succeeding at.. lol.
hehe... sounds like my better half eval of my day - doing nothing useful and constantly having fun at the range :ROFLMAO:
 
I've had to take a small break while recovering... so I've been working on the test environment. I want to see if i can overhaul some parts of the system, but i'm a little worried crossing the point of no return...


IMG_4056.webp

You guys will keep waiting for a few new features, but I am working on it. The hardpart is wiring everything up and testing everything (not in production).
 
Ironically, it seems like we're doing both at the same time! Save the dollar with stablecoins while at the same time trying to isolate.

I think we're all a bit upset prices keep trending higher but wages are stagnant unless you're in AI Tech, so the K is ratioed. Globalization is coming but manufacturing is trying to go regional. Knowledge work is getting globalized and outsourced to the lower priced $/kWh

good luck using crypto with no power or network. 💩 one bad AI DNS update away from no money at all.
 
I've had to take a small break while recovering... so I've been working on the test environment. I want to see if i can overhaul some parts of the system, but i'm a little worried crossing the point of no return...


View attachment 261081

You guys will keep waiting for a few new features, but I am working on it. The hardpart is wiring everything up and testing everything (not in production).
I am sure there are a few of us who can help you out across SDLC. For less technical offload QA, for more technical UML diagramming to flush out specific functionality.
 
What are you planning to use the Spark for?
I just wanted to test it, I can still use the macs but for prefill.

I'm thinking if i can build the agent mentioned here


Then I'll start with members first but try to ingest the message thread and have qwen flash / jev make the decision of whether positive or negative feedback verdict..
 
good luck using crypto with no power or network. 💩 on bad AI DNS update away from no money at all.
No power or network takes out cards and banking apps too—that’s a reason to keep some cash. And a bad DNS update can block access to a crypto website; it doesn’t erase what’s on the blockchain. Crypto has real risks, but those are different things.
 
good luck using crypto with no power or network. 💩 on bad AI DNS update away from no money at all.
The benefit of it is, I can go to another country/location and pick it up that has power and a network. DNS wouldn't affect blockchain since its a digital ledger.

Hard assets have the same issue.. Flood, Fire, Earthquake, any precious metals can be destroyed or lost. Digitization is a part of a modern Bug Out plan... Don't put all your eggs in a basket though..
 
No power or network takes out cards and banking apps too—that’s a reason to keep some cash. And a bad DNS update can block access to a crypto website; it doesn’t erase what’s on the blockchain. Crypto has real risks, but those are different things.
I get that but if the entire eastern seaboard goes down again for a day or two you’re not transacting.

Cash, precious metal, food, meds, etc. 💩 to barter with. Hell skills even. I don’t trust, nor will I trust crypto ever.
 
The benefit of it is, I can go to another country/location and pick it up that has power and a network. DNS wouldn't affect blockchain since its a digital ledger.

Hard assets have the same issue.. Flood, Fire, Earthquake, any precious metals can be destroyed or lost. Digitization is a part of a modern Bug Out plan... Don't put all your eggs in a basket though..
Until that country turns off internet access. Just because it hasn’t happened in the west doesn’t mean it can’t or won’t.
 
I get that but if the entire eastern seaboard goes down again for a day or two you’re not transacting.

Cash, precious metal, food, meds, etc. 💩 to barter with. Hell skills even. I don’t trust, nor will I trust crypto ever.
there is a big chance we won't get much choice in the matter ... but I agree with you
 
Until that country turns off internet access. Just because it hasn’t happened in the west doesn’t mean it can’t or won’t.
You just go to another country... There's layers to every plan. I get that you don't like crypto. For me, crypto allowed me to take the chance on this project. I'm not rich, but i had enough to give me a cushion to try to build this into a thing. I've been in crypto since 2014 so I tend to be ok with it for long term plans.

I have a small staking outfit that earns more coins. Could it go poof? Yes, but banks are doing the same thing.

These days you can sell it anywhere and transfer anywhere, i get it though.. i was into stacking for awhile too.
 
Back
Top Bottom