To my knowledge the newer Nissan GTR is the only fat ass 'Torta' that deserves the title of performance. Even the heavy Bugatti recognizes they are for top end speed not cornering precision. Teslas may be viable or popular in your drag circles

but I have yet to see them corner or even brake with decent results. Maybe when Elon figures out the lateral thruster system I'll consider them closer to a race car. We'd be very well off if Tesla drivers (aka the new age BMW driver) could be as intelligent as their cars and maybe even use their signal - sadly we are not even remotely close. I appreciate Tesla's attempt at automated driving though.
To be on topic, not everyone is able to afford a solar array paired with complicated formula batteries. Personally I'd rather follow Bob Lazar if I had the chance with a solar array and consistent water supply for hydrogen fuel production. Splitting hydrogen and trying to address hydrogen embrittlement seems like a better long term solution than mining for the rare elements. Hydrogen embrittlement is a troublesome hurdle to overcome but I think the juice is worth the squeeze.