By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Yea, I’m with you on that. Fixed blades are IMO superior in nearly every way to any folder when used as a weapon. Having had a good bit of professional instruction on how to use edged weapons, the fact that carrying one concealed here inReally hate how fixed blade knives can't be concealed here. I would love to carry a small fixed blade in a sheath on my belt. As a result, I pretty much only buy folders.
Incredible that I can legally carry a concealed firearm, but I cannot carry a concealed fixed blade knife.

We like fixed blades too...
Chris Reeve Pacific in magnacut.
a) GORGEOUS knife!
b) Is Magnacut really all its hyped up to be?

B) .... I haven't used the knife and knowing me I probably won't because I am just stupid like that. I have guns I don't shoot, knives I don't use and guitars I don't play. Of course have other battle/camp/tac style knives that I carry with my pack when I hunt or hike, most notably an $80 Ka-Bar right?
C: I have a Chris Reeve Green Beret that has been used and is forged from S30V coming in the mail tomorrow I think, it's a beautiful thing, you know, already used and sharpened so I can't worry about it.
View attachment 9063
I'd NEVER actually consider buying the real thing; these are minimum $2-400+++ knives. Each.
But $30-50?..... I can swing that...and for that cheap, I'll even USE them!
I ended up getting 8 different beautiful knives for ~$270.00
In my humble opinion it is.b) Is Magnacut really all its hyped up to be?
Here's the thing Dr, I used to see things the same. Something might change in your life at some point where you'll actually consider that perhaps one $300 knife made by an American craftsman, plus a cheap backup perhaps.... is maybe better than 8 cheap knives even if the quality is acceptable. Just speaking in my own life, no judgement on others.
Look at that gorgeous collection ocabj posted in post #24, I don't personally feel there's a production knife out there in that price range that can touch that stuff.
Awesome, Thanks for the info!In my humble opinion it is.
For my use of fixed blades, 3V is the gold standard in which I’ve compared every blade I have to.
My Magnacut blades all have noticeably better edge retention and corrosion resistance. Although Knife Steel Nerds (Larrin Thomas) rates its toughness as less than 3V, I haven’t been able to damage mine yet. For reference, I haven’t broken or chipped any of my Esee’s in 1095 either even with regular abuse at work. So with that said, theoretically Magnacut is tough enough to withstand reasonable abuse, let alone in a folding knife. Sharpening is easy as well with my Wicked Edge.
Really depends on your use.
Hey there,
Totally understand. I take no offense and "get it"
I actually do have several $300-500+ knives. As I said previously; I'm afraid to use them because they're too rare / special / valuable.
Same with a few fancy-ass guns I have...
And to be perfectly frank; from a fit & finish standpoint, the knives simply aren't 10x+++ better than these current clones. (Guns is a different ballgame...)

Do you remember the Buckmaster Mod. 184? It's only the all-time coolest, most bad-ass knife ever made......
Did you know they just came out with a v.2?????
Gorgeous Buck... what's the deal with that? Why's this "Elite" so special?
You into bali's at all, MrACFixer?