I was a Marine Corps Pistol team member for 4 years - fully sponsored - all I did was shoot. But I was issued a .45 hardball/service pistol, .45 wadcutter, S&W 52 (.38 full wadcutter), a Beretta 92F, two .22's (primary & backup) and an air pistol. In the many years since I mostly shot my Glock 23 until the last 8 or so years. Today I move between a G43, M&P Shield and G19 as my 3 carry guns. A lot depends on what I'm wearing. I shot my first Action Pistol match in 35 years last fall. My eyes just don't work as well as they used to but when I let myself do it I still got it.
Yeah, this is my conundrum. I would stick to all Glocks, but like the p365 x macro. I shoot it well enough, and I train with it. However, after shooting Glocks for a while, I notice I’m always needing an extra moment to adjust my sights when I bring the pistol up from the ready position or draw from a holster. This is why I think I should just have one platform only when shooting.
I love the idea of DA/SA, but only for fun. I just am not as accurate when I have to switch between DA and SA. It’s mostly a training issue, but my time at the range is limited.About 10 years ago, I made the decision to stick with Glocks and Sigs. Two of one platform G19 and G21 and one of the other P365. I might swap out the G19 for a P229 but maybe not. Biggest problem, which gets your initial post, is that though I started with class DA/SA Sigs, having spent a decade shooting just Glocks, I now find the classic DA/SA has too long of a reset relative to Glocks or the P365. What this means in practice is that at least once in each mag on the classic DA/SA Sigs, I don’t come forward enough. I can shoot the Glocks and P365 just fine as their trigger reset is very similar. Not so much for the classic Sigs.
I don’t have any trouble slow firing any of the handguns I own, regardless of platform or caliber. It’s having my red dot exactly where I am looking when I draw, or move from one target to another, or am myself moving, that is the issue. I’ve tried to fix this with dry fire, but I just see that sticking to one brand makes me much more precise than switching between, say, a G48 and a p365xmacro or xl.