18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Down DOJ System

Same here. Been waiting on a pick up since Feb 2nd. Getting kind of ridiculous.
Count your blessings, I have 2 dozen firearms with an affected FFL and Monday afternoon my 30 days is up and I get to start my 10 days all over again.


My wife is getting upset.
 
I agree, i have been waiting since 2/1 and have to keep chasing the owner for a status update daily.
Can you imagine what their days are like? An afoul lot of people are anxious to pick up their property the very Minuit their 10 days are up. I can’t imagine the mounting barrage of angry and frustrated phone calls they have to deal with every day.
 
My FFL started calling people to pick up the moment they could. I know the person who helped me skipped lunch to fit more people in.

I’m sorry you have to DROS over again. That’s ridiculous but so expected in a terrible situation like this.
 
My FFL started calling people to pick up the moment they could. I know the person who helped me skipped lunch to fit more people in.

I’m sorry you have to DROS over again. That’s ridiculous but so expected in a terrible situation like this.
My FFL started calling people today as well, however there were some people that did not make it in time and have to re-DROS.
 
My FFL started calling people today as well, however there were some people that did not make it in time and have to re-DROS.
Same, I had to re-schedule a job today because it’s effectively my last day. I found out 4:30 last night. Now I need to figure out how to fit 2 dozen guns in my truck. Luckily, about half are pistols and receivers.


I’m most excited about this $20 receiver…. https://browningowners.com/forum/in...5-frankenstein-from-scratch.12273/#post-46347
 
Hmmm I’m supposed to pick up on Friday and my LGS said it usually shows BG check approval by this time but mine is still showing pending, hopefully it’s not affected by this as I’m itching to pick up my first handgun purchase since like 2021!
 
Hmmm I’m supposed to pick up on Friday and my LGS said it usually shows BG check approval by this time but mine is still showing pending, hopefully it’s not affected by this as I’m itching to pick up my first handgun purchase since like 2021!
That’s different. Anything short of a denial and you will get your gun. These affected FFLs are flat out not able to release guns. I’m not sure how it is now but back when I was part-timing at a gun shop, the consensus was that DOJ only actually checks 1:10 people.
 
Back
Top Bottom