18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Email Required for DROS Starting Sept 2025

So I would be correct in assuming that this update is NOT available yet as today was the first time I personally used the DES to sell a firearm since this bulletin went out. There was no place today for email.
Effective 9/1/2025
 
Everyone should grab an AOL or Yahoo throw away account from a coffee shop WiFi on an anti-gunners phone or laptop. 😙. We all know one lol
 
So I would be correct in assuming that this update is NOT available yet as today was the first time I personally used the DES to sell a firearm since this bulletin went out. There was no place today for email.
Should be updating Sept. 1st.
 
Jokes on them, I have a junk/spam email that I use to sign up for stuff, and a main email, good luck figuring out which is which, and proving it.
 
Jokes on them, I have a junk/spam email that I use to sign up for stuff, and a main email, good luck figuring out which is which, and proving it.
Not sure what this message means...you sign the form until penalty of perjury that the email address is yours.. they don't have to figure out anything.
 
Rights are conditional here. You must also be invested in modern technology.

If you are Amish in California, good luck.
 
Not sure what this message means...you sign the form until penalty of perjury that the email address is yours.. they don't have to figure out anything.
Ok and? I have 2 emails. I'm not using my main email, so I'll use my junk/spam email that I never check and don't even remember the password for. That way whatever crap they want to do with it, they're welcome to it, I just won't get their spam.
 
Last edited:
Rights are conditional here. You must also be invested in modern technology.

If you are Amish in California, good luck.
That is false; look at the original post: If you don't have an e-mail, you can still do a DROS, but you have to sign the form (under perjury) that you don't have one.
 
Ok and? I have 2 emails. I'm not using my main email, so I'll use my junk/spam email that I never check and don't even remember the password for. That way whatever crap they want to do with it, they're welcome to it, I just won't get their spam.
I still don't know what you are trying to say with the statement : "good luck figuring out which is which, and proving it" -- what do they have to prove? They don't have to prove you own that email address. You are proving you own it when you provide it and sign under penalty of perjury.
 
IIRC, doesn't the DOJ collect emails during the FSC testing as well?

The reason why I bring it up is because after my wife took her FSC written test, she started receiving DOJ email newsletters...
Temporary email address were unvented so you could have an email address. They are valid, just not long term. I suspect they meet the definition in law for an email address.
 
I work in gov't. The saying here goes, if they ain't paying for my email service or my phone number, they ain't getting it.
 
If this is true it's not like everybody can't just go and create some stupid email address like 🍆fitzwell@gmailcom
 
If this is true it's not like everybody can't just go and create some stupid email address like 🍆fitzwell@gmailcom
oh that's a good one lol

in all seriousness
#1 at best stupid anyone can instantly create a new email for this
#2 at worst invasive
and c'mon. damn Gov already has more data than they know what to do with with what they collect already with these forms. retarded.
 
Noone@hotmail has always been reliable, but now MS owns it and links you into any MS account you have. :(
 
Back
Top Bottom