US to livestream Army firing squad execution of Fort Hood shooter, Pentagon says By Reuters
US to livestream Army firing squad execution of Fort Hood shooter, Pentagon says
I am speachless
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
A bit? That must be understatement of the month....It seems a bit uncivilized.
I think showing some of these executions might be a good thing for deterent. Who knows.An uncivilized death for an uncivilized person.
Perhaps, if we had done this sooner, we might not have so many terrorists.
And I hope the execution squad misses the first time and shoots him in his knees.
Poor spelling aside, you sound like one of those people who eats meat, but thinks that killing, cleaning, and cooking animals is somehow “barbaric.” Meat doesn’t just magically come packaged in the grocery store. By the same token, if we as a society are going to execute people, shouldn’t we as a society witness the act? Or would you really rather just assume that these condemned people somehow just magically disappear?I am speachless
Were people more civilized in the 1900’s or now?It seems a bit uncivilized.
Nonsense.Poor spelling aside, you sound like one of those people who eats meat, but thinks that killing, cleaning, and cooking animals is somehow “barbaric.” Meat doesn’t just magically come packaged in the grocery store. By the same token, if we as a society are going to execute people, shouldn’t we as a society witness the act? Or would you really rather just assume that these condemned people somehow just magically disappear?
Were people more civilized in the 1900’s or now?
Well nothing, it was a serious question. Especially first half of the 1900's public executions were a lot more popular but I also feel society was more civilized back then.I spent more than half my life in the 1900's.
What are you insinuating?
I don't know whether to give you a thumbs up, face slap, or jazz hands emoji.
Pennsylvania became the first U.S. state to ban public executions in 1834, moving the process inside county prisons. [1]Well nothing, it was a serious question. Especially first half of the 1900's public executions were a lot more popular but I also feel society was more civilized back then.
Right so out of all human history it’s been less than like 75 years since it fell out of favorPennsylvania became the first U.S. state to ban public executions in 1834, moving the process inside county prisons. [1]
Timeline of Banning Public Executions in the U.S.
(from wiki)
- 1834: Pennsylvania became the first state to outlaw public executions.
- By 1835: Five states—Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts—had switched by law to private hangings.
- 1849: Fifteen additional states enacted similar laws requiring private executions.
- 1936: The last widely recognized public hanging in the U.S. took place in Owensboro, Kentucky (the execution of Rainey Bethea).
- 1937: An execution in Missouri marked one of the final public or semi-public spectacles before nearly all remaining states permanently restricted attendance to private prison enclosures. [1, 2, 3, 4]
besides. Popular does not mean civilized. Marxists seems to be fairly popular now days. That does not make Marxsim civilized.
He seems to be doing a pretty good job and he’s the most popular SECDEF since I’ve been alive just about lol. Nobody even said the Secdef’s name on fb once when I was inPublic executions is some medievalthey do in
hole theocracies like Saudi Arabia. They should have just executed him by firing squad privately 10+ years ago after he was initially convicted.
Pete Hegseth is an absolute joke and we have nothing to benefit from this.
That’s because he’s an actor. It’s all for the cameras. Hence the situation we’re talking about here.He seems to be doing a pretty good job and he’s the most popular SECDEF since I’ve been alive just about lol. Nobody even said the Secdef’s name on fb once when I was inand he had no military experience I believe