18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Glock gougers

I conceal carry a C compact and it is phenomenal. C4X looks pretty rad though. Want to try that out.
Yeah but $3500 for the C4X plus all the taxes you're looking at around $4200 OTD. Talk about over inflated prices this C4X takes the cake.
 
I never said they were good guns or worth anything. What I said is the market dictates the price, and the price is inflated right now due to demand.

Along the same lines of what you said, however, I can say the same about all these $3,000+ 2011's that have popped up over the past few years. Talk about overpriced...
I’ve got a few 1911s and I don’t think I paid more than 500 bucks for any of them. The one I shoot the most I paid $300 for and I’ve probably got 40,000 rounds through it. I don’t recall any failures that were not ammo or magazine related with that gun either.


I do drool over some of the high-end 1911 but honestly, they do about the same thing. They just look sexy AF while they’re doing it.

For the most part, Glocks look like hell. Except for this one it’s my 15-year-old son‘s USPSA race gun


IMG_0135.webp

IMG_0134.webp


IMG_0133.webp

IMG_0131.webp
 
I’ve got a few 1911s and I don’t think I paid more than 500 bucks for any of them. The one I shoot the most I paid $300 for and I’ve probably got 40,000 rounds through it. I don’t recall any failures that were not ammo or magazine related with that gun either.


I do drool over some of the high-end 1911 but honestly, they do about the same thing. They just look sexy AF while they’re doing it.
My wife says it’s the equivalent of her bag obsession.🤣
 
I’m about to ppt two of my Glocks. I sold them for $0 each hoping to get two people started down the road to more active shooting and home defense.
I did that with primers and .22LR during COVID for the exact same reason. Don’t be surprised to see them in the MP for $1k ea before you get home from signing the transfer papers.
 
Just stop complaining, its called a "Free Market", if you do not like the price then do not buy it and buy something else. It's not like Glock is the best thing out there, buy a M&P 2.0 and which is better out of the box and then stick an APEX trigger on it which makes it better. Also, for you people who use emoji's for your complaining stop it w/ your QQ'n and just go on to the next thing.
 
I’ve noticed an influx of Gen 3 Glocks being posted for absurd prices and want to know how many of these are actually being sold? I am getting Gen 5s cheaper than Gen 3s are being asked for. It doesn’t seem fair to the 2A community to be priced gouged by people who just signed up for the forum days prior to posting. This is the equivalent of a toyota corolla being sold for 30k! Rant over!
I wrote "lol" on a posting and got a warning from this site.
I don't see how that's post crapping but I think people selling stock gen 3 glocks for 800+ are ridiculous.

I've been a gun owner/trader/Hunter for a long time and the fun community has some of the worst gouging and scalping I've seen. CA laws make things a lot worse of course, but I think we should be able to Shame this kind of behavior.
 
I just sold a like new G42 that was in my safe the last 8 or so years and untouched in all that time for 400 bucks. That's less than I paid for it. I hope that wasn't gouging.
 
Just stop complaining, its called a "Free Market", if you do not like the price then do not buy it and buy something else.
A free market operates on supply and demand with minimal or no government intervention. The Democrat Supermajority in this state has launched a government assault on California gun owners’ constitutional rights to keep and bear arms. In this latest intervention, they have targeted Glocks — choking off supply, and thereby increasing demand for the artificially limited supply. These price gougers are not capitalizing on a free market; they are capitalizing on state government intervention in the marketplace of the worst kind. Glock gougers are profiting off the state’s infringement of their fellow gun owners’ civil rights. Don’t try to church it up with your tired “free market, move on” mantra.
 
Last edited:
A free market operates on supply and demand with minimal or no government intervention. The Democrat Supermajority in this state has launched a government assault on California gun owners’ constitutional rights to keep and bear arms. In this latest intervention, they have targeted Glocks — choking off supply, and thereby increasing demand for the artificially limited supply. These price gougers are not capitalizing on a free market; they are capitalizing on state government intervention in the marketplace of the worst kind. Glock gougers are profiting off the state’s infringement of their fellow gun owners’ civil rights. Don’t try to church it up with your tired “free market, move on” mantra.
Correct. The $ocialist Republic of Calicrapistan hasn't been a free market in decades.
 
Last edited:
A free market operates on supply and demand with minimal or no government intervention. The Democrat Supermajority in this state has launched a government assault on California gun owners’ constitutional rights to keep and bear arms. In this latest intervention, they have targeted Glocks — choking off supply, and thereby increasing demand for the artificially limited supply. These price gougers are not capitalizing on a free market; they are capitalizing on state government intervention in the marketplace of the worst kind. Glock gougers are profiting off the state’s infringement of their fellow gun owners’ civil rights. Don’t try to church it up with your tired “free market, move on” mantra.
** Either way "supply and demand" is what's going on.. Prior to the glock ban, people were not interested in them and now they are..... Capitalism is simple and it does not matter (w/ minimal or no government intervention) if a product is WANTED and the PRODUCT is there and someone is willing to pay for it then it is what it is. ex. Are you a home owner who bought a home 30 years ago and willing to sell that same home at the price bought w/ slight increase? Same difference, if the price is too high eventually the price will go down. Back to the being a "gun" there are other comparable (key word) guns so why a glock, because the PERSON now wants that particular thing.
 
Last edited:
** Either way "supply and demand" is what's going on.. Prior to the glock ban, people were not interested in them and now they are..... Capitalism is simple and it does not matter (w/ minimal or no government intervention) if a product is WANTED and the PRODUCT is there and someone is willing to pay for it then it is what it is. ex. Are you a home owner who bought a home 30 years ago and willing to sell that same home at the price bought w/ slight increase? Same difference, if the price is too high eventually the price will go down. Back to the being a "gun" there are other comparable (key word) guns so why a glock, because the PERSON now wants that particular thing.
That’s not true. Lots of competition shooters have Glock 34’s and 17’s in their stable with tens of thousands of rounds down the pipe. One of my favorite things to see is someone with a plain Jane Glock outperforming shooters with “better platforms “ with “better triggers.” I just saw a few people competing in Production and Carry Optics with Glock 19’s. For people who are really into shooting skills and competing Glock is still an option.
 
I have an
I wrote "lol" on a posting and got a warning from this site.
I don't see how that's post crapping but I think people selling stock gen 3 glocks for 800+ are ridiculous.

I've been a gun owner/trader/Hunter for a long time and the fun community has some of the worst gouging and scalping I've seen. CA laws make things a lot worse of course, but I think we should be able to Shame this kind of behavior.
I have a NIB Glock 34.3 listed for $850 (still close to or at my out the door cost, back in November 2025).

Not sure if online retailers are even able to ship them to stores but here is guns.com pricing, consistent elswhere. After online transfer fees, taxes...you're paying $1k. Even local FFL's and consignment have them for ~$1k.

Screenshot 2026-02-25 at 2.28.39 PM.webp+.
 
A free market operates on supply and demand with minimal or no government intervention. The Democrat Supermajority in this state has launched a government assault on California gun owners’ constitutional rights to keep and bear arms. In this latest intervention, they have targeted Glocks — choking off supply, and thereby increasing demand for the artificially limited supply. These price gougers are not capitalizing on a free market; they are capitalizing on state government intervention in the marketplace of the worst kind. Glock gougers are profiting off the state’s infringement of their fellow gun owners’ civil rights. Don’t try to church it up with your tired “free market, move on” mantra.
Regardless of *why* supply is lower and demand higher, we're still talking about market forces; supply and demand. Nobody is forced to buy any specific gun so there cannot be gouging in play.

Besides, there are much better choices on roster now for the money. A BNIB Shadow 2 or S2C can be had for about $2,500 or less, and that's with the off-roster markup. A new TS2 base is about the same or a little more. A brand new Staccato HD C3.6 is $2,499.

Price gouging is a phrase more appropriate for a captive audience, such a raising drug prices astronomically for people beholden to that drug, where not taking it is not an option.
 
Back
Top Bottom