18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

News Glocks being discontinued!

Latest news
The nice thing about the 40s is a simple barrel swap allows you to shoot 9mm and use the same mags. It's like 2 guns in 1 so it should be double the price.
😉
And another simple barrel swap, and you can shoot 357Sig.

By the way, switching from 40 to 9mm on a Glock supposedly "requires" changing the extractor too. Although I've heard stories that the 40 extractor works just fine. Not clear what to believe.
 
And another simple barrel swap, and you can shoot 357Sig.

By the way, switching from 40 to 9mm on a Glock supposedly "requires" changing the extractor too. Although I've heard stories that the 40 extractor works just fine. Not clear what to believe.
I didn't change the extractor and it works great. I'd change it and get new mags if reliability is needed but it hasn't failed me yet after500 rounds. I wouldn't carry it like this but for the range it's fine.
 
I swore that I would not buy any more new guns after the new 11% tax. I used a Blue Label coupon and got a good deal for California on a G34 but the taxes and fees came out to about 27% extra, which is nuts.

The gun store told me they raised the price on G34’s $175.00 yesterday when the news came in. I think they were close to $800.00 which means about $1000.00 after taxes and fees.
The place was full at opening with a lot of people buying Glocks. Most of the other guns were neutered with mag disconnects , ugly LCI’s and safeties. I think the last non CA feature guns may be the Springfield XD’s.
Looked at the P365 X Macro. Very ugly LCI. The Wilson Combat Grip is preferable but they don’t make them for the CA versions.

Things are added to the roster but what is coming off the roster was better: CZ’s, Gen 3’s.
 
I swore that I would not buy any more new guns after the new 11% tax. I used a Blue Label coupon and got a good deal for California on a G34 but the taxes and fees came out to about 27% extra, which is nuts.

The gun store told me they raised the price on G34’s $175.00 yesterday when the news came in. I think they were close to $800.00 which means about $1000.00 after taxes and fees.
The place was full at opening with a lot of people buying Glocks. Most of the other guns were neutered with mag disconnects , ugly LCI’s and safeties. I think the last non CA feature guns may be the Springfield XD’s.
Looked at the P365 X Macro. Very ugly LCI. The Wilson Combat Grip is preferable but they don’t make them for the CA versions.

Things are added to the roster but what is coming off the roster was better: CZ’s, Gen 3’s.
Only on G34? The 17 and 19 price stayed the same ?
 
I didn’t check the non blue label but they aren’t discontinuing the Gen 3 Glock 17’s and 19’s which I thought they were when writing my previous post.

These are the Gen 3 Models being discontinued.

21
22
27
29
31
32
33
34
35

Blue Label Glock 19’s and 17’s were both $435 if you have a coupon.
 
I didn’t check the non blue label but they aren’t discontinuing the Gen 3 Glock 17’s and 19’s which I thought they were when writing my previous post.

These are the Gen 3 Models being discontinued.

21
22
27
29
31
32
33
34
35

Blue Label Glock 19’s and 17’s were both $435 if you have a coupon.
My lotto numbers for this week
 
Something to consider is Glock may still maintain these models on the roster even if they stop producing them, and there are a lot of used gen 3 Glocks out there.
 
I swore that I would not buy any more new guns after the new 11% tax. I used a Blue Label coupon and got a good deal for California on a G34 but the taxes and fees came out to about 27% extra, which is nuts.

The gun store told me they raised the price on G34’s $175.00 yesterday when the news came in. I think they were close to $800.00 which means about $1000.00 after taxes and fees.
The place was full at opening with a lot of people buying Glocks. Most of the other guns were neutered with mag disconnects , ugly LCI’s and safeties. I think the last non CA feature guns may be the Springfield XD’s.
Looked at the P365 X Macro. Very ugly LCI. The Wilson Combat Grip is preferable but they don’t make them for the CA versions.

Things are added to the roster but what is coming off the roster was better: CZ’s, Gen 3’s.

Wow! Talk about price gouging.
 
I’m torn between a Glock 34 , Glock 17, or another 19. Can’t afford it but will see if I can cash in my blue label coupon tomorrow.
The Glock 19 being more popular amongst the Glock users here in my area, I'd choose the Glock 34 myself.
 
Wow! Talk about price gouging.
If you do not like the price, do not buy it. You do not need a Glock 34, so if you buy it, it is because you want it and have the money. You do not need it for survival. If someone else likes the price and buys it, they are happy or they wouldn't do it. Supply and demand.

Price gouging is a political term used by people who do not understand economics.

 
If you do not like the price, do not buy it. You do not need a Glock 34, so if you buy it, it is because you want it and have the money. You do not need it for survival. If someone else likes the price and buys it, they are happy or they wouldn't do it. Supply and demand.

Price gouging is a political term used by people who do not understand economics.


Price gouging is a term used by people who understand fair play and good conduct.
 
Price gouging is a term used by people who understand fair play and good conduct.
Again, people who do not understand economics. If you want hoarding and reselling to stop, you raise your price. If it is too expensive, you did not need it.
 
Bummer. Either way, I went to the local shop and picked up a 34 yesterday...and a 19, because why not? 🤣
 
Again, people who do not understand economics. If you want hoarding and reselling to stop, you raise your price. If it is too expensive, you did not need it.

If you're truly worried about someone buying up all the $600 G34s to resell at $1000, you could just set a purchase limit. Between DROS + all the time it takes to do the paperwork and pickup, that would put a kibosh on that real fast.

Look, people understand that the free market compels businesses to try to capture as much of the consumer surplus as possible, especially for goods that are limited. However, don't try to spin it as doing everyone a public service by preventing hording/reselling. Just tell it like it is: that you're in the business of making money, and that you're OK trading customer goodwill for increased profits.

Economists will agree that pricing goods at customer's willingness to pay is the "fairest" pricing model. However, they'll also be quick to point out that consumers perceive the cost-plus model to be fairest, so don't be surprised when customers get upset at a business model where you jack up prices just because you can.
 
Bummer. Either way, I went to the local shop and picked up a 34 yesterday...and a 19, because why not? 🤣
Haha!!

All this time I thought I had an RTF2 G22. After I heard about this, I went through my inventory and discovered I only had a G23, G27, & G35. The RTF2 was a G17.

I went and grabbed a Blue Label G22 on Friday, haha!!
 
Haha!!

All this time I thought I had an RTF2 G22. After I heard about this, I went through my inventory and discovered I only had a G23, G27, & G35. The RTF2 was a G17.

I went and grabbed a Blue Label G22 on Friday, haha!!
My LGS has been offering used LE trade-in G22s for $300 for the past 5-6 years. They practically couldn't give them away. I'm glad I picked up 2, but with P2000s being so reasonably priced recently, I'm thinking about selling some of my Glocks since HK>Glock.
 
My LGS has been offering used LE trade-in G22s for $300 for the past 5-6 years. They practically couldn't give them away. I'm glad I picked up 2, but with P2000s being so reasonably priced recently, I'm thinking about selling some of my Glocks since HK>Glock.
That’s a great price!! I paid $408 for my new one (with 3 mags). Sadly not RTF2.
 
Back
Top Bottom