18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

News Glocks being discontinued!

Latest news
If you're truly worried about someone buying up all the $600 G34s to resell at $1000, you could just set a purchase limit. Between DROS + all the time it takes to do the paperwork and pickup, that would put a kibosh on that real fast.

Look, people understand that the free market compels businesses to try to capture as much of the consumer surplus as possible, especially for goods that are limited. However, don't try to spin it as doing everyone a public service by preventing hording/reselling. Just tell it like it is: that you're in the business of making money, and that you're OK trading customer goodwill for increased profits.

Economists will agree that pricing goods at customer's willingness to pay is the "fairest" pricing model. However, they'll also be quick to point out that consumers perceive the cost-plus model to be fairest, so don't be surprised when customers get upset at a business model where you jack up prices just because you can.
Again, why set a purchase limit when you can let the price do the limiting? If you want to buy all the Glock 34s for $1000 each, why do I care? You are correct. I am only worried about making the maximum profit on people who want to spend money. A guy that wants a Glock 34 now that everyone else wants one for a decent price waited too long. If it is too expensive, they should have not waited.

And it is the smartest thing to do. I have never set purchase limits ever. When 9mm ammo was $40 a box, those with ammo walked in, saw the price, and walked out. Those who had none bought 2-6 boxes and had no idea it was only $12 a few weeks before. They wanted it and the others had plenty and were just trying to add more. And that left ammo on the shelves for people who needed it most. Ammo limits simply limit my profit, increase my work load since there is an ammo background check with every purchase, and leave nothing left for those who need it.

Economists agree that letting the market dictate price is best. And in times of increased demand and limited supply, raising prices will correct the market. Everything else does not. Of course consumers do not like this, but that is their fault for not buying sooner.

What always cracks me up is when a seller sets a really low sale price, the consumer never demands to pay more because it is not fair. Personally, I do not mind pricing out customers that do not understand economics. They can go bother someone else and do additional paperwork, wait more than 10 days because of store policy, and not receive their gun on undetermined too.

The silly thing is my Glock 34s are still sitting there. No one has even come in to ask about them. I haven't even set a new price yet either.
 
I swore that I would not buy any more new guns after the new 11% tax. I used a Blue Label coupon and got a good deal for California on a G34 but the taxes and fees came out to about 27% extra, which is nuts.

The gun store told me they raised the price on G34’s $175.00 yesterday when the news came in. I think they were close to $800.00 which means about $1000.00 after taxes and fees.
The place was full at opening with a lot of people buying Glocks. Most of the other guns were neutered with mag disconnects , ugly LCI’s and safeties. I think the last non CA feature guns may be the Springfield XD’s.
Looked at the P365 X Macro. Very ugly LCI. The Wilson Combat Grip is preferable but they don’t make them for the CA versions.

Things are added to the roster but what is coming off the roster was better: CZ’s, Gen 3’s.
Glock has an LCI
 
My LGS has been offering used LE trade-in G22s for $300 for the past 5-6 years. They practically couldn't give them away. I'm glad I picked up 2, but with P2000s being so reasonably priced recently, I'm thinking about selling some of my Glocks since HK>Glock.
I almost grabbed a G26.... Until I saw the P2KSK prices. Comes out of jail in... 8 hours.
 
I almost grabbed a G26.... Until I saw the P2KSK prices. Comes out of jail in... 8 hours.

P2Ks are actually being discontinued so that's why they are priced inexpensively.

I think G22/G23 police trade ins are the way to go if you are FOMO on discontinued glocks.
 
P2Ks are actually being discontinued so that's why they are priced inexpensively.

I think G22/G23 police trade ins are the way to go if you are FOMO on discontinued glocks.
Yea I'm aware they are being discontinued, that's why the price drop. It's why I grabbed it instead of a Glock.

I don't know where to get police trade ins. I don't see these in shops.
 
I didn’t check the non blue label but they aren’t discontinuing the Gen 3 Glock 17’s and 19’s which I thought they were when writing my previous post.

These are the Gen 3 Models being discontinued.

21
22
27
29
31
32
33
34
35

Blue Label Glock 19’s and 17’s were both $435 if you have a coupon.
I thought they were going to stop producing the G30, G30SF ? Do you have a link ?
 
Glock has an LCI
Yes, it does…That’s the extractor creating a simple“Loaded Chamber Indicator”.
But California requires a “Chamber Load Indicator” (CLI) which is described in 11 CCR § 4060. Testing Procedures.
(d)(1) A functioning chamber load indicator must meet all of the following conditions:
(A) Explanatory text and/or graphics either incorporated within the chamber load indicator or adjacent to the chamber load indicator is/are permanently displayed by engraving, stamping, etching, molding, casting, or other means of permanent marking.
(B) Each letter of explanatory text must have a minimum height of 1/16 inch.
(C) The explanatory text and/or graphics shall be of a distinct visual contrast to that of the firearm.
(D) The “loaded” indication, that portion of the chamber load indicator that visually indicates there is a round in the chamber, shall be of a distinct color contrast to the firearm.
(E) Only when there is a round in the chamber, the “loaded” indication is visible on the firearm from a distance of at least twenty-four inches. When there is no round in the chamber, the “loaded” indication must not be visible.
(F) The text and/or graphics and the “loaded” indication together inform a reasonably foreseeable adult user of the pistol, that a round is in the chamber, without requiring the user to refer to a user's manual or any other resource other than the pistol itself.
 
Again, why set a purchase limit when you can let the price do the limiting? If you want to buy all the Glock 34s for $1000 each, why do I care? You are correct. I am only worried about making the maximum profit on people who want to spend money. A guy that wants a Glock 34 now that everyone else wants one for a decent price waited too long. If it is too expensive, they should have not waited.
Economists agree that letting the market dictate price is best. And in times of increased demand and limited supply, raising prices will correct the market. Everything else does not. Of course consumers do not like this, but that is their fault for not buying sooner.
And this is why I always tell people if there's something you want, and you can afford to buy it right now, then stop waiting and BUY IT. Particularly in the case of firearms & ammo in California.

One example is my CZ P-01 I bought last Summer. I wanted one, but it wasn't necessarily a high priority. I could afford it at the time so I went ahead and bought one. I haven't even managed to take it to the range yet either. Less than 6 months later it was removed from the roster.
 
My local Sportsman's still has 34s, 35s, and multiple other discontinued Glocks in their glass counter. Their website still has them in stock for shipping to their individual stores as well.

I don't remember seeing anywhere an exact timeframe as to when the final models will be rolling off the production line. It seems like they still have plenty left in their inventory.
 
I almost grabbed a G26.... Until I saw the P2KSK prices. Comes out of jail in... 8 hours.

Nice - I just picked up a g26 because it’s the one glock in 9mm I don’t have. Also have 9mm carbines that take glock mags.

Sportsman’s warehouse - 10% off gift cards and bass pro shop price match of $499.
 
By the way, if anyone’s looking for a Glock 34 MOS Gen 5 or a Glock 43X (green grip). Saw them at this store in thousand oaks

Tactical Arms Group: Thousand Oaks


 
Pure supposition. It may happen, but there is nothing concrete here.
There’s no ‘may’ about it. Name me a CA Democrat that’s never seen an anti 2A bill they don’t like. I’m not a betting man, but I’d put $ on this passing with flying colors.
 
Back
Top Bottom