18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Gun Candidate for CCW: Staccato HD C3.6

I have a EPS carry on my 3.6. I also have a EPS on another gun. I have a RMR HD on my main carry, G19. I also had RMR on yet another gun, and a SRO on a 1911 that I use for classes mainly and range fun....and of course other red dots around in the stable.

Honestly, I find my EPS carry and EPS have the clearest glass of all my dot sights for pistols. I have astigmatism, so factor that in. I find the RMR HD on my carry gun kinda meh. Its there. The auto adjusting brightness feature is ok I suppose...it's not a deal breaker for me. I feel like the keeping the glass clean and clear is a chore and pain in the ass. I like how on enclosed emitter optics, the glass is easily accessible for cleaning. Looking through cloudy glass is a pain in the butt....so the RMR HD falls behind big time in this category. Reaching in with q tips, brushes, and other gadgets from my camera lens cleaning kit is such a chore.

I have my 3.6 in a Tenicor Velo lux with TLR7 hlx light. It's honestly the perfect combo.

I'll probably purchase more EPS/EPS carry optics when I get future pistols. Sorry but Trijicon is going the way of surefire in the flashlight world.

**edit** I have Dawson plate for the EPS carry on the 3.6.
 
Last edited:
I have a EPS carry on my 3.6. I also have a EPS on another gun. I have a RMR HD on my main carry, G19. I also had RMR on yet another gun, and a SRO on a 1911 that I use for classes mainly and range fun....and of course other red dots around in the stable.

Honestly, I find my EPS carry and EPS have the clearest glass of all my dot sights for pistols. I have astigmatism, so factor that in. I find the RMR HD on my carry gun kinda meh. Its there. The auto adjusting brightness feature is ok I suppose...it's not a deal breaker for me. I feel like the keeping the glass clean and clear is a chore and pain in the ass. I like how on enclosed emitter optics, the glass is easily accessible for cleaning. Looking through cloudy glass is a pain in the butt....so the RMR HD falls behind big time in this category. Reaching in with q tips, brushes, and other gadgets from my camera lens cleaning kit is such a chore.

I have my 3.6 in a Tenicor Velo lux with TLR7 hlx light. It's honestly the perfect combo.

I'll probably purchase more EPS/EPS carry optics when I get future pistols. Sorry but Trijicon is going the way of surefire in the flashlight world.
Have you thought about trying the 509t?
 
I do have a 508T on a glock 33 and a 509t on a model S&W model 41. I have no complaints on them really, except one of them was dead within a year of bought new...and I called up holosun on it and they said have you changed the battery yet? I was thinking I guess that fancy solar panel on top isn't all it's cracked up to be... so no more solar paneled optics for me lol...waste of money for a useless "feature". Hell, I don't even like multiple reticle features...I always end up back at a plain dot.
 
I have a EPS carry on my 3.6. I also have a EPS on another gun. I have a RMR HD on my main carry, G19. I also had RMR on yet another gun, and a SRO on a 1911 that I use for classes mainly and range fun....and of course other red dots around in the stable.

Honestly, I find my EPS carry and EPS have the clearest glass of all my dot sights for pistols. I have astigmatism, so factor that in. I find the RMR HD on my carry gun kinda meh. Its there. The auto adjusting brightness feature is ok I suppose...it's not a deal breaker for me. I feel like the keeping the glass clean and clear is a chore and pain in the ass. I like how on enclosed emitter optics, the glass is easily accessible for cleaning. Looking through cloudy glass is a pain in the butt....so the RMR HD falls behind big time in this category. Reaching in with q tips, brushes, and other gadgets from my camera lens cleaning kit is such a chore.

I have my 3.6 in a Tenicor Velo lux with TLR7 hlx light. It's honestly the perfect combo.

I'll probably purchase more EPS/EPS carry optics when I get future pistols. Sorry but Trijicon is going the way of surefire in the flashlight world.

**edit** I have Dawson plate for the EPS carry on the 3.6.

Nice, this is helpful. I have an EPS Carry on my SP-01 and it's a great carry optic. Enclosed definitely has benefits. Thanks for the plate recommendation too.
 
I do have a 508T on a glock 33 and a 509t on a model S&W model 41. I have no complaints on them really, except one of them was dead within a year of bought new...and I called up holosun on it and they said have you changed the battery yet? I was thinking I guess that fancy solar panel on top isn't all it's cracked up to be... so no more solar paneled optics for me lol...waste of money for a useless "feature". Hell, I don't even like multiple reticle features...I always end up back at a plain dot.
For holosun models that don’t have the built in super capacitor, the solar panel just serves as an option if your battery does die; but you would need to manually switch over to solar mode.

The 510c and I think it was the SCS, can be charged with the solar panel, but it’s charging the super capacitor that’s built in; it’s not charging the 1632 lithium battery since it’s a non-rechargeable battery.
 
Any word on the msrp on this?

I've been looking for information on the new comp'ed model but nothing yet. I'm gonna guess that it's more than the P4.5 which is $2899 for the preferred package so maybe $3199 to $3299 for the additional compensator function. After taxes and DROS it'll be about $3900-$4000. On the other hand the C3.6 is about $3000 after taxes and DROS.
 
It was Ccw renewal time for me and I added my HD 3.6 to my Ccw last week! The more I shoot the gun the more I love the gun. The trigger has smoothed out a bit too. I just wish I had more freedom week regular capacity mags. I’m coming up on 1000 rounds down the pipe. So far so good!

I’m a 1911 guy and a Glock 19 guy so this was a match made in heaven for me. I’m also getting a lot of trigger time on my other Ccw permit addition, a PDP full size. It’s nice to change things up a bit from just a g19 daily.

Peace 🙏
 
Back
Top Bottom