18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

HK Photo Thread — poors keep out

When I was looking for my first handgun pre-covid. I narrowed it down to either the H&K USP .45 or an Sig P220 Combat, and I ended up with the Sig due to the frame/grip ergonomically fitting my hand better. In hindsight I could buy a new P220 nowadays… but not so much for the USP 🥲 kicking myself darn.. lol
but the p220 you really want, the legions are not on roster anyways. the trigger on the SAO legion is night and day vs the standard
 
P30L LTT Flat trigger/srt with milled ready for trijicon or acro p2
P30L LLT Flat trigger/srt
P30L LLT Flat trigger/srt
VP9 A1 K
CC9
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3002.jpg
    IMG_3002.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 48
Picked up a CC9 recently. Not sure what optic I’ll use yet. I have an EPS carry sitting in the parts bin but it does overhang on the sides just a bit and this triggers my OCD.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6770.jpeg
    IMG_6770.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 27
Picked up a CC9 recently. Not sure what optic I’ll use yet. I have an EPS carry sitting in the parts bin but it does overhang on the sides just a bit and this triggers my OCD.
Stippled already? Very interesting…

My newest pickup…VP9SK

She a THICC gurl but I’m an 🍑 man anyways 😗
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6125.jpeg
    IMG_6125.jpeg
    38.3 KB · Views: 29
Stippled already? Very interesting…

My newest pickup…VP9SK

She a THICC gurl but I’m an 🍑 man anyways 😗
Yeah, the original owner had two grip frames and backstraps for it, one original and one stippled by Boresight. The matching magazine base is cool too. It's pretty nice in the hand, so I left the OEM one in the box. Shoots great so far, but I only have a couple hundred rds through it.
 
Stippled already? Very interesting…

My newest pickup…VP9SK

She a THICC gurl but I’m an 🍑 man anyways 😗
Started the 10 day wait on a VP9SK yesterday. The shop employee told me the current VP9SK is no longer being made. Replaced instead by a version with barrel / slide that's 1/2 inch longer.
 
My bedside companion.
My eyesight isn't great at night so the PEQ-14 is set to one-touch visible flashlight with laser in the center.
It has a setting for IR flashlight and laser, but I'd have to sleepwearing IR goggles for that to make sense.

I bought the Mk23 after reading about the SOCOM test mandate that this handgun was built for and passed -
*See the factory manual behind the MK23, that lists the tests the MK23 passed that your handgun, didn't and won't.

You may have a "cheaper" HK that looks like it's a SOCOM model, but it isn't! - Your expensive lookalike failed to pass, you have a fake Rolex.
You may have another brand of handgun, that looks like a SOCOM contender - Your expensive lookalike failed to pass, your Ferrari is a Fiero.
You may make fun of the SOCOM size - you have small hands, that's your problem and your partners - Your expensive lookalike failed to pass, you holiday in South Florida not the South of France.

I'm jesting of course, it's all BS and silly, but I will say this lump is the most accurate thing without a shoulder stock that I have EVER shot!

Happy Xmas!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0528.webp
    IMG_0528.webp
    236.3 KB · Views: 30
Just took my P2000 (v3) out today for the first time. Nice shooting gun, though a bit peppier than my USP. Strangely this is my first 9mm I’ve ever owned that isn’t a duty size gun. I think I’m used to the controllability of a heavier gun.

Oddly, while I was still dialing in my grip I somehow got the top part of the web of my hand to spill over the tail of the frame enough to get some hammer bite. Strange but not an issue if I’m not overdoing my grip.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1495.webp
    IMG_1495.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 23
My main EDC. I need to get a family photo
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1763.webp
    IMG_1763.webp
    139.4 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom