18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Honest Outlaw (Chris) is "Done With Glocks" - What About You?

I like them because they are disposable. If I lost one it would be losing a Bic lighter or a utility knife. Oh well, get another. Like having Ryobi tools on the jobsite.
Well, not anymore!
 
I like them because they are disposable. If I lost one it would be losing a Bic lighter or a utility knife. Oh well, get another. Like having Ryobi tools on the jobsite.
Exactly. I have some guns that I'd be upset if I lost them. I wouldn't shed a tear over losing my Glock. But I think that way about any of the polymer guns.
 
Glocks are utilitarian, they work great, were readily available before, and not irreplaceable. I moved away from them many years ago, but still have a G23 Gen 4 with a G19 slide on it. I shoot it very well but prefer to shoot my other guns due to ergonomics etc. if a CA gen 6 comes out, I'd probably take a look at it, but unless it's something entirely different than the older models, I'll pass.
 
Several decades ago, the first handgun I bought and taught myself to shoot with was a Glock 23. I have thousands of rounds of muscle memory built up with Glocks to the point where I shoot them extremely well with or without a red dot, just as well as with any of the newer polymer-framed pistols that are available now. I purchased my Glocks used for $300-$400 ea. Glocks are tools that work well for me, just as good as any of the newer, more expensive tools out there. However, I have all the Glocks I need, and if I were going to buy another polymer-framed pistol, I would be looking at getting a newer design. If Glock got a gen V or gen 6 on the roster I'd buy it over any other polymer gun. And I think at some point that will happen.

As for the video, I never heard of that guy and he said nothing of value that hasn't been said infinitum for years about Glocks. Literally Captain Obvious regurgitating common knowledge. Complete waste of time watching that.
 
Last edited:
I have a few Glocks between Gen2 and Gen3 and an early Smith and Wesson Sigma, the original Glock clone. I’m disappointed in Glock creating anything that could give even the appearance of capitulation to the civilian disarmament movement, as it will only embolden them. It doesn’t matter if that wasn’t their intent, but that is how it will be viewed by many. I wasn’t old enough to own guns during the Clinton ban and S&W’s capitulation to that administration, but I’d imagine this action by Glock will be viewed similarly.
 
I have a few Glocks between Gen2 and Gen3 and an early Smith and Wesson Sigma, the original Glock clone. I’m disappointed in Glock creating anything that could give even the appearance of capitulation to the civilian disarmament movement, as it will only embolden them. It doesn’t matter if that wasn’t their intent, but that is how it will be viewed by many. I wasn’t old enough to own guns during the Clinton ban and S&W’s capitulation to that administration, but I’d imagine this action by Glock will be viewed similarly.
This is a pretty naive take, if Glock didn't fix the switch issue they would have had to fight the multiple lawsuits in progress and would have likely lost and had to produce the same exact gen V. They did very little to the pistols but they follow the legal definition of not being able to be converted with "common hand tools" which keeps them out of liability. The bottom line is they didn't have a choice.
 
Glock 19 is the Honda Civic / Toyota Tacoma of handguns. Not sexy but very dependable. I carry a G19 every day, but am looking long and hard at something newer and more modern. M&P maybe - not sure.
 
Glock 19 is the Honda Civic / Toyota Tacoma of handguns. Not sexy but very dependable. I carry a G19 every day, but am looking long and hard at something newer and more modern. M&P maybe - not sure.

And there's no need to replace it, it's purely out of interest in guns.

Got to give credit to a product that established such a high level of expectation.
 
I have a Glock 29, 20sf, and a 34. I won’t ever sell them, and I won’t ever buy another Glock.
There is always a choice.
Ruger got a letter from the Attorney General of I believe Connecticut threatening to sue over the RXM. Ruger said F- you, we are going to boost production. There’s always a choice.
 
I have a 26 and I love it. Not a huge fan of the bigger Glocks though, and with the way the market is now I probably won’t buy another one unless I move
 
I have a Glock 29, 20sf, and a 34. I won’t ever sell them, and I won’t ever buy another Glock.

Ruger got a letter from the Attorney General of I believe Connecticut threatening to sue over the RXM. Ruger said F- you, we are going to boost production. There’s always a choice.
Glock is already in the lawsuits though, ruger hasn't spent a dime defending anything yet. There would need to actually be incidents and harm for the plaintiffs to have standing, not just the RXM could have potential. It's easy for a bunch of nobody consumers to have purity tests but it's very ignorant of the legal process. There are federal laws that prohibit gun companies from certain liabilities through the PCLLA but it has limits and the lawsuits against Glock were proceeding. When ruger has a stack of lawsuits they are actually fighting and spending millions on defending I will absolutely pat them on the back. All that said, I think it would be very interesting if a victim of a glock switch incident sued the state of California for keeping gen 3s in circulation so long since gen 5s already had at least some protection against the switch. The roster literally made it so there were more "dangerous" handguns than there would have been otherwise.
 
Several decades ago, the first handgun I bought and taught myself to shoot with was a Glock 23. I have thousands of rounds of muscle memory built up with Glocks to the point where I shoot them extremely well with or without a red dot, just as well as with any of the newer polymer-framed pistols that are available now. I purchased my Glocks used for $300-$400 ea. Glocks are tools that work well for me, just as good as any of the newer, more expensive tools out there. However, I have all the Glocks I need, and if I were going to buy another polymer-framed pistol, I would be looking at getting a newer design. If Glock got a gen V or gen 6 on the roster I'd buy it over any other polymer gun. And I think at some point that will happen.

As for the video, I never heard of that guy and he said nothing of value that hasn't been said infinitum for years about Glocks. Literally Captain Obvious regurgitating common knowledge. Complete waste of time watching that.

When I started researching guns he always pops up. Does 1000 round reviews, etc. I feel like the quality of his videos has gone down, he shills CZ a lot, and I stopped watching altogether after the echelon comp video where he essentially said the gun was terrible because it's inaccurate but doesn't check the red dot and never shot it with irons.
 
I have a 26 and I love it. Not a huge fan of the bigger Glocks though, and with the way the market is now I probably won’t buy another one unless I move
I'd be interested in a 26X with an optics cut, but California. That would certainly replace 17s or 19s for me, for a disposable hard use gun.
 
I'd be interested in a 26X with an optics cut, but California. That would certainly replace 17s or 19s for me, for a disposable hard use gun.
An MOS 26 would be very nice. I was thinking about a 43X, and may in the future if I can get one for less than $1000.

But will likely just get an extra 26 slide and have it cut at Glock store
 
Back
Top Bottom