18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Honest Outlaw (Chris) is "Done With Glocks" - What About You?

^^^ This

I think that's the huge draw of owning a Glock. Besides them being in a lot of movies.

I've personally never owned one or shot one. I was purchasing stainless and two tone Sigs instead.
Glocks have been used, proven and made available for reasonable-to-cheap prices absolutely everywhere and by/for absolutely everyone for almost half a century at this point. Like them or not, their performance and cost-effectiveness has become the benchmark all other subsequent semiauto handgun designs are judged against for serious use.
 
YouTubers are calling the DY9 better than than the glock .. https://derya.us/dy9/ Available till December 31 2025 in California and available at Turners for $299.99. https://www.turners.com/derya-arms/derya-dy9-9mm-3-86-barrel-10-rounds-ca-compliant-1957278
The Derya Slides will work on a Glock 19 Gen 4 https://derya.us/dy9-island-barrel-complete-upper/
I'll believe it when I see some serious torture tests and long-term high round-count reviews of the DY9. One of Glock's key advantages is their high longevity even with substandard maintenance, very rough treatment and high round counts.
 
I'll believe it when I see some serious torture tests and long-term high round-count reviews of the DY9. One of Glock's key advantages is their high longevity even with substandard maintenance, very rough treatment and high round counts.
Glocks aren't special in that regard, any of the popular striker fired pistols are just as reliable. Ive broken an OEM glock firing pin, my gen 5 19 barrel had a short chamber and didn't chamber a bunch of factory ammo. Glock "perfection" is a marketing term, not real life. No gun is perfect but Glock gets 💩 for doing the bare minimum, not updating their trigger and other features like having the worst optic mounting system of them all which isn't even available now ha. They aren't the benchmark for anything anymore.
 
Glocks aren't special in that regard, any of the popular striker fired pistols are just as reliable. Ive broken an OEM glock firing pin, my gen 5 19 barrel had a short chamber and didn't chamber a bunch of factory ammo. Glock "perfection" is a marketing term, not real life. No gun is perfect but Glock gets 💩 for doing the bare minimum, not updating their trigger and other features like having the worst optic mounting system of them all which isn't even available now ha. They aren't the benchmark for anything anymore.
How much time and effort did a replacement for that OEM firing pin cost and how quick/easy of a process was it to replace though? Anybody with half a brain knows Glocks do wear out and break and are definitely not the "Perfection" claimed in their marketing but have their strengths in everybody and their mother carrying replacement parts for them and knowing how to work on them when something does break, which still takes quite a while even when abused.
 
An MOS 26 would be very nice. I was thinking about a 43X, and may in the future if I can get one for less than $1000.

But will likely just get an extra 26 slide and have it cut at Glock store
I would just prefer the 19 grip length like the 26X. I don't like baseplate extensions.
 
Glocks have been used, proven and made available for reasonable-to-cheap prices absolutely everywhere and by/for absolutely everyone for almost half a century at this point. Like them or not, their performance and cost-effectiveness has become the benchmark all other subsequent semiauto handgun designs are judged against for serious use.
🥱🥱🥱

Blah, blah, blah, you can have them.

Chris (Honest Outlaw) makes some very interesting and valid points. Glock has fallen behind like it or not.

Glock won't be going anywhere anytime soon because the fan boys will continue to keep them relevant.
 
🥱🥱🥱

Blah, blah, blah, you can have them.

Chris (Honest Outlaw) makes some very interesting and valid points. Glock has fallen behind like it or not.

Glock won't be going anywhere anytime soon because the fan boys will continue to keep them relevant.
Not trying to come off as a Glock fanboy here. They're not my favorite platform to shoot and Glock has definitely been resting on their laurels for way too long at this point but I do respect their utility. I do however refuse to get caught up in the typical hyperbolic guntuber cargo-culting constantly saying "X new gun just came out and it's really good so that means everything else it's compared against is now trash" mentality even though I do very much trust Honest Outlaw's assessments in general.
 
Can't say i disagree with him. The best statement from him was something to the effect that if you're rocking a Glock on your hip today, you probably haven't shot any other guns.
That was a goofy statement on his part….i own plenty of high end pistols but I personally like to carry Glocks…reliable and tbh I can shoot Glocks just as good as any of my MPA’s Staccatos and my Atlas…maybe not as fast but accuracy is the same. That’s why I stopped buying 3k-5k pistols
No point to have them and I can shoot a Glock that’s 400-600 bucks the same
 
Last edited:
Quite an interesting video; Chris discusses his long history and love affair with Glock and why believes the end is near for Glock as we know it.

Do you agree?


Generally speaking, when the clickbait thumbnail includes the words "I'm done"... they're not.
 
Probably done with picking up any "new" Glocks. But definitely not done with Glocks by a long shot. The reliability, adaptability, and familiarity of Glocks will be hard to beat. They pretty much set the universal standard and to their determinate, was content while everyone else innovatived passed them. It is what it is, but it doesn't wipe away what they did in the past.
 
A spork is a more feature rich version of a utensil but I never see anyone eating with them.
 
A spork is a more feature rich version of a utensil but I never see anyone eating with them.
Backpackers love them. At home we have options. And we do indeed see people use the features of a better trigger design, ergos etc that Glock has failed to address.
 
How much time and effort did a replacement for that OEM firing pin cost and how quick/easy of a process was it to replace though? Anybody with half a brain knows Glocks do wear out and break and are definitely not the "Perfection" claimed in their marketing but have their strengths in everybody and their mother carrying replacement parts for them and knowing how to work on them when something does break, which still takes quite a while even when abused.
Again none of that is easier with Glock compared to any of the other popular striker guns. M&P has even less parts in the slide when you change the striker because the extractor is on a roll pin instead of at the end of the rod, for instance. None of these guns except the pdp are hard to work on.
 
Backpackers love them. At home we have options. And we do indeed see people use the features of a better trigger design, ergos etc that Glock has failed to address.
I don’t understand the need to change anything. If you can’t shoot, you can’t shoot. If you can, a Glock works great.
 
It’s got to be close to 20 years since I purchased my first Glock. Was happy with it then and still happy with it now. The 1911 folks don’t seem to have issues with that “old” platform. If you are a race car driver vs. an average commuter then I can understand wanting to keep up with technology. For most of us normal folks, I don’t think it matters much.
 
I don’t understand the need to change anything. If you can’t shoot, you can’t shoot. If you can, a Glock works great.
The main thing is just that it feels awkward for some people and they choose not to adjust the angle which isn’t necessarily a bad thing..

They bring me joy
 
The main thing is just that it feels awkward for some people and they choose not to adjust the angle which isn’t necessarily a bad thing..

They bring me joy
when you’re experienced, or very inexperienced it doesn’t matter. If you’re in the middle people have the tendency to blame their tools.

When you run a Glock hard you realize the angle is a big part of the reason it shoots so well.

People hear what they don’t like from other people and hop on the bandwagon. If they practice more they won’t have to blame their tools.
 
I recall in the past that when many companies introduced new polymer strikers reviewers and critics would say or ask if this is the gun that finally overtakes Glock popularity or label it the “Glock killer”. Is it finally going to be true?

As long as the issues in the video review are resolved, I’ll have a bit of skepticism. I don’t think their MOS system is any better or worse than others. I’ve heard about better than Glock grip angles and triggers for years but I guess I’m used to them and it’s not that bad.

I say all this and I’ll admit my favorite gun right now is my Full size PDP though. Not sure why its popularity seems low, compared to M&P 2.0 and Echelon.
 
Quite an interesting video; Chris discusses his long history and love affair with Glock and why believes the end is near for Glock as we know it.

Do you agree?

I love my Glocks for their simplicity and reliability. You can train with them and just don’t need to think about it, pull the trigger and bang, no frills, no manual safety, just bang. For me Glocks are about having to potentially use them for defense, and they lack nothing there. But if the point is a new person buying a brand new gun and choosing what’s available off the shelf, yes there are many options out there that can be considered better, especially if the Glock V’s aren’t up to standard. I still think Glocks are the best looking of the polymer pistols. All those new fancy ones look like Toyota designed them.
 
when you’re experienced, or very inexperienced it doesn’t matter. If you’re in the middle people have the tendency to blame their tools.

When you run a Glock hard you realize the angle is a big part of the reason it shoots so well.

People hear what they don’t like from other people and hop on the bandwagon. If they practice more they won’t have to blame their tools.
Nobody here or anywhere says you "can't" shot a Glock, but this may surprise you, some people have different shaped hands so the changeable ergonomics of other pistols frames work better. I personally get insane slide bite from Glocks, even the 17 but worst on the 19 so it only works with a big ass aftermarket beavertail. So other platforms literally work better out of the box. If all you care about is the bare minimum then sure, Glock is fine. I personally like a shorter reset with a predictable light break on a trigger. Doesn't mean I'm incapable of shooting a Glock it's just something I like because I don't have to worry nearly as much about my trigger press when trying to shoot fast. Why do you object to people just preferring something that works better for them? You do only the bare minimum in all aspects of your life or do you have air conditioning in your car?
 
Back
Top Bottom