18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Honest Outlaw (Chris) is "Done With Glocks" - What About You?

Genuinely curious about the issues people face with the grip angle. I’ve shot a ton of guns and never found the grip angle for any of them to cause me issues to include Glocks.
many people get tendonitis from it because instead of a natural angle you are tilting your wrist forward to the point it locks out. Most that complain just don't like it. I think it has a certain function for people who don't shoot that much, the forward angle does lock your wrist out and will help with recoil control if your fundamentals are otherwise not great. I personally don't like it but it's like number 4 on the list as far as what I don't like about glocks.
 
many people get tendonitis from it because instead of a natural angle you are tilting your wrist forward to the point it locks out. Most that complain just don't like it. I think it has a certain function for people who don't shoot that much, the forward angel does lock your wrist out and will help with recoil control if your fundamentals are otherwise not great. I personally don't like it but it's like number 4 on the list as far as what I don't like about glocks.
Same experience. Everyone is built different. I use the Kiral defense backstrap to reduce the angle and it lessens the strain from prolonged range sessions.
 
Genuinely curious about the issues people face with the grip angle. I’ve shot a ton of guns and never found the grip angle for any of them to cause me issues to include Glocks.

I don’t experience issues with it either but hear about it all the time. Referencing some of the later comments part of it may be that I don’t experience the wrist lockout with Glocks as others may.

Same for the grip bump, but I will say I think Walther did their grip bump better.
 
Last edited:
dude got upset he was not invited to the Glock showroom when they introduced the new Glocks when all the other YouTube stars were. whoops. so he made this video .
 
Very true, the Glock was special when it came out, because there wasn't anything else mass produced like it..also it came out in the era when semi auto pistols had spotty reliability. The market has not only caught up but surpassed it, people are just in denial. That said I did purchase my first Glock a 34 couple months ago and it is very fun and accurate to shoot.
I just purchased my 3rd 34 recently cuz it been my favorite since I purchased the first 34 about 20 years ago. I just picked up the gen 5 17L mos which I am looking forward to compare it too.
 
Nope, not done with Glock.
Have owned many and they fit my hand perfect, shoot straight and 100% reliable. G19 has been one if my carry guns for 15 years.
Problem is, I still shoot the outdated 1911 as well.
Maybe Chris should be done with it as well.
 
I’m exhausted.

I watched the video and fully understand the poster’s concerns over the antiquated Glock platforms. I immediately emptied the safe of all my Glocks going back to late 80’s Gen 1s and dumped them into a box along with their many magazines and original boxes and papers. I intended to sell them but can have only 5 transactions per year…it would take ages to sell them. Then I realized I couldn’t slough these off on fellow members of the 2A community, so I decided to turn them in to the police.

A quick look into the safe, and to my horror I saw that my 1911 platforms from the 60’s through 2020 were equally antiquated (no red dots; no adjustable sights? Yeeesh). So I dumped them into the box. I no longer needed the Colts or their original magazines, so they got dumped along with presentation boxes, etc.

Then I turned to the ridiculous, new-in-box S&W revolvers from the 70’s. Who needs these archaic throwbacks? 5/6 rounds? no red dots? A simple groove for the sight? Not even a Hillary Hole to save them. What am I doing with a dozen of them? All into the box along with the Nickle-plated Python from 1970. A few more single-action (Ugh) Cowboy guns and I was finished.

Unfortunately, I tried to move the box and couldn’t, so I put everything back.

But my eye now strays to the lever actions….
 
I’m exhausted.

I watched the video and fully understand the poster’s concerns over the antiquated Glock platforms. I immediately emptied the safe of all my Glocks going back to late 80’s Gen 1s and dumped them into a box along with their many magazines and original boxes and papers. I intended to sell them but can have only 5 transactions per year…it would take ages to sell them. Then I realized I couldn’t slough these off on fellow members of the 2A community, so I decided to turn them in to the police.

A quick look into the safe, and to my horror I saw that my 1911 platforms from the 60’s through 2020 were equally antiquated (no red dots; no adjustable sights? Yeeesh). So I dumped them into the box. I no longer needed the Colts or their original magazines, so they got dumped along with presentation boxes, etc.

Then I turned to the ridiculous, new-in-box S&W revolvers from the 70’s. Who needs these archaic throwbacks? 5/6 rounds? no red dots? A simple groove for the sight? Not even a Hillary Hole to save them. What am I doing with a dozen of them? All into the box along with the Nickle-plated Python from 1970. A few more single-action (Ugh) Cowboy guns and I was finished.

Unfortunately, I tried to move the box and couldn’t, so I put everything back.

But my eye now strays to the lever actions….
You lost me at Hilary Hole... I'm sure there's a joke in there too. Someone help.
 
You lost me at Hilary Hole... I'm sure there's a joke in there too. Someone help.
Ah, Youth…

In the late 90’s/early 2000, S&W made a deal with the Clinton administration to incorporate a keyed locking mechanism in their revolvers. It is worked through a hole in the frame immediately above the cylinder latch release. It was (is) reprehensible, disparaged and ridiculed. The community coined the presence of this frame drilling the “Hillary Hole” in honor of the Clinton admin at the time.

The humor you missed is that I presented it as a saving grace for revolvers which my pre-hole (and much preferred) guns lacked.

It is not.

In fact, S&W has recently done away with it.

Hillary Hole:
IMG_0579.webp

If the greater point was missed,…Just because something is newer, brighter, “better” than what has served you well for over a quarter century (the poster said he started shooting them in the early 2000’s) doesn’t mean you declare you’re “done with it” and kick the older piece to the curb. If that’s the operative philosophy, a number of wives are at risk…and probably three times as many husbands.

Oh, I’m keeping the lever actions, too.
 
Last edited:
Never been a Glock fan. I've shot almost every model they make and can't get used to a striker fire system. I also dislike having the safety on the trigger (what nutjob thought that was a good idea). I much prefer a pistol that is SA/DA with a decocker for safety reasons.
 
Glock still has a stupid trigger design and bad ergonomics and I'll die on that sword. They're not bad guns, they work, many people stake their identity on them. But no one is beyond critique. It's good for them, they are slow as molasses. If any other company came out with a Glock today they would be ridiculed.
 
Ah, Youth…

In the late 90’s/early 2000, S&W made a deal with the Clinton administration to incorporate a keyed locking mechanism in their revolvers. It is worked through a hole in the frame immediately above the cylinder latch release. It was (is) reprehensible, disparaged and ridiculed. The community coined the presence of this frame drilling the “Hillary Hole” in honor of the Clinton admin at the time.

The humor you missed is that I presented it as a saving grace for revolvers which my pre-hole (and much preferred) guns lacked.

It is not.

In fact, S&W has recently done away with it.

Hillary Hole:
View attachment 128115

If the greater point was missed,…Just because something is newer, brighter, “better” than what has served you well for over a quarter century (the poster said he started shooting them in the early 2000’s) doesn’t mean you declare you’re “done with it” and kick the older piece to the curb. If that’s the operative philosophy, a number of wives are at risk…and probably three times as many husbands.

Oh, I’m keeping the lever actions, too.
Uhhh I know the history behind the "Hilary Hole", history lesson and essay was not necessary. Sheesh man lighten up. I actually got a lock plug for my 686 (which has yet to be installed). I don't know how old you are, but I'm in my 40s. Not so "youth" anymore. Never grow up though. Life is too short for that.

And you know what, I even agree that the older stuff having a long proven track record is a great thing, and just because something is new, doesn't make it better. You can say that a lot about a lot of things these days. That's why almost every pistol I have are older models, and yes that includes Glocks.
 
Uhhh I know the history behind the "Hilary (sic) Hole", history lesson and essay was not necessary.
Then why did you miss-spell it twice? ‘Hillary Hole” has three ells.

Sheesh man lighten up. I actually got a lock plug for my 686 (which has yet to be installed). I don't know how old you are, but I'm in my 40s. Not so "youth" anymore. Never grow up though. Life is too short for that.
You seem tense about this…it isn’t that important. I didn’t understand how anyone could be confused about something so well-known, but realized i might not have been clear and some might not understand. So, I merely accepted your confusion and thought a broader discussion might help you and others.

I do appreciate the wisdom your age and experience brings, but since you played the age card and seem to think it’s relevant, mine has 30 years more perspective than yours. I suspect I was shooting guns before your Mom and Dad met. Hence, “youth”. Enjoy it. ;)

Best.
 
Last edited:
Then why did you miss-spell it twice? ‘Hillary Hole” has three ells.

You seem tense about this…it isn’t that important. I didn’t understand how anyone could be confused about something so well-known, but realized i might not have been clear and some might not understand. So, I merely accepted your confusion and thought a broader discussion might help you and others.

I do appreciate the wisdom your age and experience brings, but since you played the age card and seem to think it’s relevant, mine has 30 years more perspective than yours. I suspect I was shooting guns before your Mom and Dad met. Hence, “youth”. Enjoy it. ;)

Best.
You played the age card when you said "youth". I didn't go there. You did.

We're really going into spelling policing here now over the entire point?

And nobody is tense here but you it seems, considering you felt the need to type an entire essay over a simple joke post I made.

And there was no confusion. It just means the humor went over your head. So again, lighten up. Laugh a little. Or don't. But there's no need for you to go on the offensive.
 
Back
Top Bottom