18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

How many of the same model (edit)handgun do you have. Is there such thing as too many?

How many of same model gun do you have

  • 2

    Votes: 16 32.7%
  • 3

    Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 4

    Votes: 6 12.2%
  • 5+

    Votes: 16 32.7%

  • Total voters
    49
Curious item the Rhino is; if you have run more than a few thousand rounds through it, how has it held up?
Just a few hundred. So far so good. The fact that it pushes straight back and less flip up, you definitely feel the 357s. I love the thing though.
 
It may not be that many but I’ve accumulated 3 Glock 19s.

Can there be too many of the same basic gun?
I have 10 Ruger MK series pistols.
They are all slightly different, but mostly the same.
They are different barrel lengths and contours and 2 different grip angles, but the basic operation of them is the same.
RugerStandard
RugerMKI Target
RugerMKII
RugerMK II 50th Anniv
Ruger22/45 MKII Target
Ruger22/45 MK III Target
RugerMKIV 70th Anniv
RugerMKIV
RugerMKIV
RugerMKIV Light
 
How about bladed weapons?…My favorite is the M9 bayonet. Examples from all the contract manufactures.
Glock field knives: a set of twenty are kept for serving BBQ Tri-Tip on special occasions at social happenings.
I feel like I am being left out of these BBQ's.
I can bring my own Glock field knife if required.
 
I have 10 Ruger MK series pistols.
They are all slightly different, but mostly the same.
They are different barrel lengths and contours and 2 different grip angles, but the basic operation of them is the same.
RugerStandard
RugerMKI Target
RugerMKII
RugerMK II 50th Anniv
Ruger22/45 MKII Target
Ruger22/45 MK III Target
RugerMKIV 70th Anniv
RugerMKIV
RugerMKIV
RugerMKIV Light

Very nice collection of Rugers iconic line of 22 pistols. I've been fortunate to find deals on Colt Match Targets, a bunch of S&W 41 in different configs and lots of Hi Standard 22 match guns. They're so much fun to shoot.
 
For defensive/SHTF handguns, multiple Glock 19s, Glock 22s, and P229s. Those are my favorite "fighting" guns.
 
Very nice collection of Rugers iconic line of 22 pistols. I've been fortunate to find deals on Colt Match Targets, a bunch of S&W 41 in different configs and lots of Hi Standard 22 match guns. They're so much fun to shoot.
I have those too.
No free pistols?
 
Three variations of P226: ‘80’s West German, German Black Stainless, Gen 1 X-Five Tactical. I’m shopping for a X5 super comp or skeleton.
 
Platform-wise? 8 1911s, and way too many Mosins.

But if we're talking about literally the same gun, not just variants, I have 7 Norinco Type 54s, 4 CZ-82s, and 2 Walther PPs.
 
It may not be that many but I’ve accumulated 3 Glock 19s. I guess I could sell one and get some other platform but what I want is hard to come by. I haven’t gotten too much into milling and stippling so they are basically the same. They are a basic gun so it’s not like I have them to collect or anything.

Can there be too many of the same basic gun? Edit: Basic guns as in run of mill polymer frames guns like the Glocks or Xds or basic non special p320/p365 type guns

It may not be that many but I’ve accumulated 3 Glock 19s. I guess I could sell one and get some other platform but what I want is hard to come by. I haven’t gotten too much into milling and stippling so they are basically the same. They are a basic gun so it’s not like I have them to collect or anything.

Can there be too many of the same basic gun? Edit: Basic guns as in run of mill polymer frames guns like the Glocks or Xds or basic non special p320/p365 type guns
Well... a few current production polymer pistols is enough for me. However, for desirable out of production models and C&R Collectables I make an exception. Sulo.
 
Back
Top Bottom