By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Why? CCW holders have widely demonstrated they are far more safe and commit far less crimes than LEOs.That’s a weird call. I can say for me I don’t tell anyone I carry a firearm but at the same time I would never lie to anyone if they ask me if I carry a gun. There’s been a handful of times over the years where someone asks me “hey,‘you are/were a cop [retired now]. What do you think about all these nutjobs who carry guns?”
I don’t ever lie, I offer up thay I carry a weapon everywhere I go, that I wish more people would, and that I wish the standards were higher to carry a weapon.
Why? CCW holders have widely demonstrated they are far more safe and commit far less crimes than LEOs.
I’m sorry man, why to which portion of my statement ?Why? CCW holders have widely demonstrated they are far more safe and commit far less crimes than LEOs.
The part that I bolded sir- looking back, I bolded the wrong section (ugh- my bad). It is "...and that I wish the standards were higher to carry a weapon." that I intended to ask "why'?I’m sorry man, why to which portion of my statement ?
That's the point I was making. Accusers (those getting the restraining order) have nothing to lose, the stakes are far higher for the CCW holder. There is no "come out fine" as now that event is part of your official CCW history. Follow?Because typically when law enforcement responds to a complaint it's the most punitive action possible and then let the charged party figure it out in court. If someone falsely files a GVRO red flag against you and it's complete fiction you'll most likely come out of it fine, but do you want to deal with the court process for 6-8 months and find temporary storage for your firearms in the meantime?
With the court system the process is often the punishment.