18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

How Private are Y'all with your CCW?

I’ve actually never thought of it cause I never really mention it to anyone, my wife knows and my daughter sees me put my “shooter” in my waist every day. Outside of that my immediate family knows I shoot/own guns but I don’t think they know any time they see me I’m carrying and I’d rather keep it that way.
 
When you get your card, just do this... grocery store.. urinal.. barnes and noble.. PTA conference..
prostate exam? You're good to go, just flash 'da badge.

Can’t imagine dropping your pants for a prostate exam and letting the holster go with it. You gotta strap the belt to your hips with no pants, ready at all times.
 
There's a fix for that. If you are carrying right side- right arm low kinda blocking it and left arm high on the hug. If someone asks, mumble something about a back brace and change the subject.
Say it's a colostomy bag. That should end any further discussion.
 
I would personally decline to tell anyone. I honestly didn't know people still went to church but I guess everyone has their own beliefs.
 
Only my wife and kids know. I have a bracelet I'll wear on my off hand so my wife knows when I'm carrying, that way if we're heading to a "sensitive" spot and I have to run back to the truck to lock it up there's none of the "what are you doing? Why are you going back to the truck" out loud business..
 
Can’t imagine dropping your pants for a prostate exam and letting the holster go with it. You gotta strap the belt to your hips with no pants, ready at all times.
Man goes into the Doctor to get a Prostate exam.
Doc says "take off your pants and drop your drawers"
Man says "Where do I put my pants"
Doc says "Over on the chair with mine"

😜
 
Last edited:
If someone is close enough to you to hug you then they will know.
If someone is close enough to hug you, then they're close enough to try to gain inside control, reap your leg with an ouchi gari and end up past your guard in top position. You need to create and maintain space. 🤣
 
My friends and family know, indirectly my social media followers could probably infer I CCW just from shooting guns. I will not pretend and hide my 2A rights. If someone asked me, why would I lie to them? That's cringe tbh
 
When it comes to family, friends, or folks at Church, how do you all decide to disclose that you CCW? If you share the fact with anyone at all?

Personally, it is only immediate family, friends, and anyone who does a PPT with me because I use my permit for both the FSC (firearm safety certificate) and proof of residency.
First rule of CCW - you do not talk about CCW
Treat it like a circumsition - you don’t share that with people - just don’t
 
My fiancé knows and my uncle (who is the other gun but in the family) knows, I saw no reason to tell anyone else. Oh and one buddy/coworker and my future MIL who were my other two references.

I’ll talk about it casually if the topic comes up in range/match/class/LGS conversations, even with acquaintances or strangers, as I consider that to be different from my everyday personal/work life and I know those people are 2A supporters already. Non-gun friends, coworkers, family, etc don’t need to know
 
Only my wife and kids know. I have a bracelet I'll wear on my off hand so my wife knows when I'm carrying, that way if we're heading to a "sensitive" spot and I have to run back to the truck to lock it up there's none of the "what are you doing? Why are you going back to the truck" out loud business..
That’s very smart, I’m gonna steal that idea!!
 
Back
Top Bottom