18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Hypothetical Question for the Collectors Here

I'm satisfied if I can get the money I put into it. Not really for profiting off guns. Although I like to say I have to sell one to buy one and really I kinda do, I started with a Mossberg 500 combo. but now I have about 2 handfuls of guns.

I think I put most of actual funds into ammo and accessories. Like when Ammo Bros Santa Ana was closing, I spent about $2.5k just on their accessories, not a single gun purchase. Within 3 months, I was able to trade almost all of the accessories minus few keepers for $2.5k + SA1911 Loaded Target + FN CHF complete upper + Ruger PC9 😎.

But if I could sell all for what its worth, I'd re buy guns that would l know would last end of times. Would mainly focus on buy once cry once type of guns.
 
Last edited:
What about off rosters that never come up for sell here in Cali? Now if you were in another state completely different.
I don't get very attached to "things". If it's something I use frequently and it's irreplaceable, I wouldn't sell it because I genuinely "need" it. Very few things fit into that category.

In the early 70's I started collecting WWII allied forces military weapons. For the most part I collected them brand new, unused, still in the box and covered with the original cosmoline and wrapped in oiled paper. Many came with multiple magazines, in canvas bandoliers, some with holsters and slings one even came with it's original bipod, four magazines, cleaning kit, etc.

I held onto them for years, in the 90's I sold most of them to private collectors and one even went to the National WWII museum in New Orleans in 2001. Most sold for at least 10x what I paid, one even sold for 22x what I paid. I had several duplicates, three of which I still have as investments to pass along to the kids, best financial investment I ever made from a return perspective. It's pretty much the same as buying art.
 
Last edited:
Part of the fun of collecting is procuring. Hunting down the piece, finding the right price, and purchasing.

Give me twice the real cost of all my collection, SOLD. Just more fun for me to start collecting back what I had and more.
 
I would absolutely sell everything in this scenario considering i can keep my family heirlooms. I could easily take the money and then only buy the 4 or 5 guns I actually use and keep the rest of the cash and get a 💩 ton of ammo.
 
Last edited:
Honestly for double the value, I can only think of a couple that I'd want to keep. Sell off the rest invest in my house and go from there.
 
I have four C&R’s. They were my father’s guns and will never be sold. When I die, they will go to my kid sister. She shoots and reloads and she has her carry permit so I know they will be cared for.
 
I started moving my dupes, mismatched mongrel dogs and not really rare stuff (Carcano, GEW88) at the height of the plague panic for more than double. I've thinned it down to the heirlooms mostly by now. PAX
 
I'm in that 'Sell-Boat' right now.

I intend to kull the herd down to about half dozen. No collectables, just shooters. I'm trying my best to get the details posted. Lots of reloading stuff too.
 
I wouldn’t. The memories of building the collection with my family out weighs double the monetary values.
 
I don't think I would ever be able to sell anything I couldn't replace or family heirlooms.
But the ones I could easily just replace " Sold American " ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom