18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

I have partaken of the forbidden HK fruit…and it is good!

It has to be on the roster when you qualify with it. The big question that I have not found an answer for is what happens when they are removed from the roster, my IA did not know. All (3) of mine will fall off the roster this year most likely, VP9SK, G19 and G26. My assumption is it won’t affect me until I have to renew which is in 2027 but it’s honestly not 100% clear, and in the meantime I get to buy (3) new guns and holsters etc…
I’m hoping the CC9 is on roster and available by then
If they are checking the roster then they'll show it's not on-roster. It is either on or off.... so you answered your own question. Sounds like you should move lol
 
If they are checking the roster then they'll show it's not on-roster. It is either on or off.... so you answered your own question. Sounds like you should move lol
I don't think its that simple, but who really knows. My opinion is my permit is valid until the renewal date unless I break the law and they pull it. I have reached out to my IA and am waiting for an answer. In the meantime, I find it hard to believe that my entire permit will become invalid at the 1st of the year if HK and Glock do not renew these firearms(which they likely wont), but I cant find anything stating anything either way.
 
I don't think its that simple, but who really knows. My opinion is my permit is valid until the renewal date unless I break the law and they pull it. I have reached out to my IA and am waiting for an answer. In the meantime, I find it hard to believe that my entire permit will become invalid at the 1st of the year if HK and Glock do not renew these firearms(which they likely wont), but I cant find anything stating anything either way.
Your permit won’t become invalid. But if their rule is it has to be on roster when you qualify then how will you qualify again? Dumb rule
 
Your permit won’t become invalid. But if their rule is it has to be on roster when you qualify then how will you qualify again? Dumb ru
That the million dollar question, will I have to wait until renewal or when they drop
 
Let’s get this back on track, HK’s rock
Home and away
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3388.webp
    IMG_3388.webp
    143.5 KB · Views: 8
That the million dollar question, will I have to wait until renewal or when they drop
nah there's no question. Nothing will happen to your permit in the meantime. But when you go to re-qual they will deny your off roster guns. Who is your IA? So we know to never move there haha. You should have not even brought it up to them, you're just asking for them to f with you by doing that.
 
Back
Top Bottom