18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Question Is anybody actually selling anything here or at CalG?

I’ve sold one, and bought three here. I find the system far easier to use, and people willing to be more realistic here than Calguns. I think more listings will come with time as the user base grows.
I’ve sold one, and bought three here. I find the system far easier to use, and people willing to be more realistic here than Calguns. I think more listings will come with time as the user base grows.
That's exactly my situation....Bought 3 and moved 1 yesterday at a fair price. Have another one listed that has a lot of views but no bites yet.
 
I have bought more than I sold!!
Armslist was my to go when calguns went down
Armslist can be iffy.
They dont exactly have a mature user process when it comes to scammers or bots.
Relying on payment protects either way is problematic with firearms and firearm related transactions....and scum bags know it.
 
Armslist can be iffy.
They dont exactly have a mature user process when it comes to scammers or bots.
Relying on payment protects either way is problematic with firearms and firearm related transactions....and scum bags know it.

From what I recall in order to see prices/message sellers, you need to pay the monthly fee. There was a few flakes when I would text them, they would not answer the texts or PMs anymore.

Looking for ward to this one, I feel like there will be more active members in the coming months.
 
A good portion of the items that are for sale in the marketplace here seem to be rather expensive off roster or 2011 high-end firearms. But I have seen some really good deals, unfortunately they're just not geographically compatible with my location. Be patient, as more people migrate over here you'll start to see the marketplace grow
 
From what I recall in order to see prices/message sellers, you need to pay the monthly fee. There was a few flakes when I would text them, they would not answer the texts or PMs anymore.

Looking for ward to this one, I feel like there will be more active members in the coming months.
It takes me a bit to pay Armslist. I can't confirm if some of the listings are factual or whatever. I don't pay as a buyer, only as a seller. When the site was free, I was a buyer. Too many ghost ads made me more selective when I'd throw them money.

I treat that site as a place to dump anything that won't go in a reasonable time frame on more trustworthy sites.
 
There definitely seems to be less buyers on here than the original Calguns.net
I think there are less buyers in general. Not just in the gun market. I do quite a bit of buying and selling on CL as well and a lot of stuff is sitting. I think it’s a combination of people trying to sell things based on the price they paid during the pandemic and not wanting to take the loss plus inflation/corporate price gouging/ election uncertainty causing buyers to tighten their wallets.
 
Good sub, but in order for uppers to move it has to be dirt cheap or an otherwise extremely hard to find, clone-correct upper/build. If it's not, aint 💩 moving, chief.
This is a reflection of the actual firearms (but especially AR15) market. The AR15 market is absolutely flooded so there’s no reason someone wants to buy an old generic upper you have lying around for top dollar.
 
Just made a trade with another member at FFL. Still trying to sell a revolver I dont want at a reasonable price, but its kinda a one trick pony.
 
Speaking of selling in general, I have a 22" Prowler, old '81. I listed it on the Morman Craigslist, KSL. There were many crazy good deals on trailers and cars. PAX
 
I'm jus guessing over here, but my guess is that peoples wallets are tight and people are looking for specific items. I had listed my off-roster p320 axg as a package for months (at a healthy discount on the package deal) with no bites, then I parted it out and was able to sell just the off-roster FCU within one day of posting (and this was not a steal by any stretch of the imagination). Sale was via Calguns, we texted for the first time on Thursday evening and closed the deal in person on Saturday morning.
 
This is a reflection of the actual firearms (but especially AR15) market. The AR15 market is absolutely flooded so there’s no reason someone wants to buy an old generic upper you have lying around for top dollar.
The generic parts market is absolutely flooded right now. Sellers look like they're spending a lot of time using listing bots daily. I swear that a bunch of retailers are competing with PSA and Aero to see who can push the most volume out the door.

Ammo brands I've never seen before are in the daily email "sale" blasts.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom