18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Question Is anybody actually selling anything here or at CalG?

Things sell. Depends on the item & where you're located. It's a PITA for me personally as I'm on the Central Coast. Just recently took a whole day to drive down to L.A. to buy something. Been sick so I can't go get it, but it's still not super easy to make the time to drive ~2.5hrs each way to sign a slip only to need to do it again to pick up within 30 days.
Trying to plan a trip to the bay to do the same thing RN and it's rough. Honestly I'd pay extra in a lot of cases to meet half way or something for convenience sake (tall person+long drive is an awful combo)

Someone with an 01 or something needs to start a delivery transfer service 😂. Transfer,10 day, pick up, transport, drop off/transfer.

You can ship a gun for $30 or so, and depending on what your FFL charges for an intake fee could make it worthwhile for you.
 
You can ship a gun for $30 or so, and depending on what your FFL charges for an intake fee could make it worthwhile for you.
When shipping is involved with a firearm transaction, I always instruct a buyer to use an FFL that will accept from a private party. It's worked 100% of the time. PAX
 
I’m no baller and currently not in the market for a gun… maybe a shotty… after the mortgage, bills, twin daughters and a wife… i look for deals lol pricing plays a bigger role than feedback.

I’ve purchased on other sites, but never a firearm. I judge based on communication and with cali requiring every firearm purchase on here would be PPT, you can read the person. If i were to meet someone and something was shady, I would rather lose gas money than get screwed.

People are always skeptical and that’s ok. I’ve also used armslist in the past with no complaints although people always talk s*** about it.

I’ll keep lurking in there and when i find something i like, I’ll reach out immediately
 
I've used Calguns and Armslist before CAguns.

Also, I've been recommended to and from buyers and sellers, no reason why, as most people that met me, should see that I'm a poor person lol.

Since the time getting into 2A around 2018 until now, I've been given 3 free guns with dros paid for.

I've won a rifle, and since I hate instagram, they messaged me there and I didn't see it until a month later when they said they were giving to someone else. It was a 2-3k+ AR with dros/transfer fees to be paid for. i still have regrettable bad dreams about it lol.
 
From the time of this post on Tuesday. We went form 928 to 943 items sold from when i was looking, so if that's to be believed. It's ~15 items sold on here in 2 days, which isn't bad IMHO. Things are moving with a bunch of new listings coming online as people continually sign up for listing and buying. It's usually more as most people don't mark them all sold. Sometimes people Close it or wait to mark sold, but I think its a good indication of the rate things move without getting into specifics of pricing challenges. It's a great question and a good metric. I'll keep tabs on it.
We're just about to have our 1,000th item marked sold on the platform. It's one of our first milestones here with growth. I'm really glad you brought this up so I could follow it with nearly 6,000 validated members. The rate seems consistent enough to show an avg trend since i've been keeping an eye on it. A year from now will be interesting to see how the trend changes after all the new roster additions are absorbed and people are ready to move things around. There's a good amount of value retained on the original firearm, not so much for the aftermarket parts. So I think things will move around in the next year.
 
We're just about to have our 1,000th item marked sold on the platform. It's one of our first milestones here with growth. I'm really glad you brought this up so I could follow it with nearly 6,000 validated members. The rate seems consistent enough to show an avg trend since i've been keeping an eye on it. A year from now will be interesting to see how the trend changes after all the new roster additions are absorbed and people are ready to move things around. There's a good amount of value retained on the original firearm, not so much for the aftermarket parts. So I think things will move around in the next year.
Thanks Ikeo1, I just joined from Calguns and wanted to thank you for this website !! Congrats on the classifieds milestone!!
 
Have a few
I’m just curious if anybody has had any luck selling here or at Calguns in the last year. I’m about to give up on PPT and send everything off to auction or consignment. For the last few years I’ve been buying and selling while I refined my collection. Nothing crazy but I’ve hit my PPT limit several years in a row. Since CalGun started getting weird last year I haven’t sold a thing. I’m about to give up and send everything off to Rock Island just to be done with it.
Just found this site, so I'm not selling on it yet. Had a few things on CalGuns, but bites got REALLY slow relatively recently. IMO, combination of iTrader ratings going away and server issues compounded the issue. I'm not going to bother posting items there anymore.
 
Just found this site, so I'm not selling on it yet. Had a few things on CalGuns, but bites got REALLY slow relatively recently. IMO, combination of iTrader ratings going away and server issues compounded the issue. I'm not going to bother posting items there anymore.
Welcome to the neighborhood. I would suggest cross posting your stuff here and on calguns with a link to your listing here in the calguns description. I feel like it helps spread the word. It also gives a potential buyer the ability to contact you when calguns messenger is down.
 
Welcome to the neighborhood. I would suggest cross posting your stuff here and on calguns with a link to your listing here in the calguns description. I feel like it helps spread the word. It also gives a potential buyer the ability to contact you when calguns messenger is down.
Appreciate the welcome and suggestion. (y) Nothing to cross post cause I deleted the CalGun listings.
 
I sold 2 uppers so far on here. I have 3 more I’m trying to sell, but it seems like it just needs time.
The Reddit "GunAccessoriesForSale" is fantastic for buying/selling anything AR related such as uppers. You could have it gone in a day. It's liquid enough that the last few things I wanted to buy (AICS Magazines, precision scope rings, Magpul stock, LMT MWS barrel) were a quick search and transaction at a discount without any sales tax/add; shipping cost.

Also, the reddit has some of the best optics deals i've seen.
 
I listed a gun here, sold off a listing on calguns, but caguns get credit.

Caguns member (A) reached out to me about gun.

(A) contacts his friend (B) to share his possible buy.

(B) contacts me on Calguns.

(A) flakes, and I tell (B) he is next. (B) buys it. Whole time, I did not know who (A) or (B) is until the day of PPT meet.
 
Mmmmm well I was taught to not say anything...but I will soon get the CAG experience as I'm preparing to post a couple things in this marketplace.
Is that effing soft armor scammer on this forum too?
 
We're just about to have our 1,000th item marked sold on the platform. It's one of our first milestones here with growth. I'm really glad you brought this up so I could follow it with nearly 6,000 validated members. The rate seems consistent enough to show an avg trend since i've been keeping an eye on it. A year from now will be interesting to see how the trend changes after all the new roster additions are absorbed and people are ready to move things around. There's a good amount of value retained on the original firearm, not so much for the aftermarket parts. So I think things will move around in the next year.
I just had 2 sales this week and 4 purchases (all very good deals too, IMO) the past couple months, so I'm loving the platform
 
Mmmmm well I was taught to not say anything...but I will soon get the CAG experience as I'm preparing to post a couple things in this marketplace.
Is that effing soft armor scammer on this forum too?
Just post no trades. I let him know if it says no trades it’s not welcome, but if you say open to trades fair game, unless you put in your listing no armor trades.. ;) He’s playing by the rules here
 
Lately, I have been getting strange inquiries on my CalGun listings (tire kickers and for the most part flakes asking dumb questions that are answered in the listing). I recently sold a handgun on CAguns to a very solid member - outstanding transaction. CaGuns exceeds all my expectations.
 
The Reddit "GunAccessoriesForSale" is fantastic for buying/selling anything AR related such as uppers. You could have it gone in a day. It's liquid enough that the last few things I wanted to buy (AICS Magazines, precision scope rings, Magpul stock, LMT MWS barrel) were a quick search and transaction at a discount without any sales tax/add; shipping cost.

Also, the reddit has some of the best optics deals i've seen.
Good sub, but in order for uppers to move it has to be dirt cheap or an otherwise extremely hard to find, clone-correct upper/build. If it's not, aint 💩 moving, chief.
 
I’ve sold one, and bought three here. I find the system far easier to use, and people willing to be more realistic here than Calguns. I think more listings will come with time as the user base grows.
 
Good sub, but in order for uppers to move it has to be dirt cheap or an otherwise extremely hard to find, clone-correct upper/build. If it's not, aint 💩 moving, chief.
That market is flooded right now.
The DD ris3 m4a1's from 2 diff online vendors around $500 last week moved fast.
I think it boils down to people have bought what they needed already.
Id love to see the data on those sales to get an idea what the motivation on an instant buy was.

Something i noticed was influencers cranking out walls of content to get people in, then out of the mk18 hype.
Seems like some 14.5 urgi hype push is happening right now with content creators.
Thatll move a high end barrel and matched bolt.
It might move some reloading gear if people decide they want to follow the PRS crowd and start rolling an optimized long range AR load.

Cloners need a new genre to blow up. No idea what that will be. I think the only thing that hasnt been done yet is service rifle competition builds. I cant see influencers all deciding Highpower is the hot new game for the masses.

Maybe PRS can setup new gas gun rules that will make people want to get off the gucci 20+lb bolt guns and play with lighter ARs. Alternative calibers like 6arc havent lit a fire in the AR market.

Otherwise we dont have anything mind blowing people just have to have.
 
Back
Top Bottom