18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Is the P320 market dead?

Righttttt…..I wonder why we don’t hear any discharge accidents from any other manufacturer? Glock? S&W?….etc.
 
With the latest FBI report being shared around about the p320 I have being a lot of discussion about people selling off/not being able to sell off their p320, and overall uncertainty about the platform.

Do you think the market has gone soft for the p320? I got a custom works p320 scorpion and can’t help but to wonder.

What do y’all think?
The market for all guns is extremely soft nation wide. Unless it’s a unicorn that you won’t find at a LGS, it ain’t selling for anything but bottom dollar right now.

I definitely would never buy a SIG P320, I especially would have never purchased one thinking I was going to make or even recoup money on it.

Unless you have an off roster Glock to sell, the chances are low of someone making their money back on a Polymer Striker Fire Pistol in CA. Anywhere else in free America a used Glock is worth less than what ever a buyer paid for it new.

The only guns I have ever made a steep profit on are off roster, no longer in production older generation Colt 1911’s and Snake Guns. German Made SIG Sauers (Classic P Series), Swiss Made SIG P210’s, all steel HK Pistols (P7’s), and select custom guns that would fetch top dollar anywhere in the country. LNIB to NIB Condition. Nothing beat to 💩. I have only found these guns offline, it is rare if ever to see them listed anywhere in CA. They are usually stashed away in a safe, un-used, by old men who bought them decades ago. If one is presented to me, I 99% of the time buy knowing the value is only going to go up.

Surprisingly, the guns with the least return in my experience have been high end 2011’s and boutique precision rifles. The initial cost for premium models is already steep. And people just assume buy new if they are not going to get a stellar deal. Rightfully so thinking in my opinion. I stopped buying them as a result.

Also, I have learned over time, that the market for expensive high end guns is not that large. Unless you have access to people with means, selling high end guns, especially on the internet, is an exercise in futility. The rare occasions I have offered up higher end guns online I always receive low ball offers to ridiculous trade offers like used rusted out generators, used wheels, grandpas shotgun, pocket change with lent. It has made me hesitant to offer up anything outside of those I associate myself with. Selling guns online comes with a lot of BS people. I do buy and sell privately, and because of the quality of the guns I PPT I max out my 5 for the calendar year with relative ease without ever having to list them online and deal with nonsense. I only sell guns that sell themselves. I’m just not a that good of a salesman. I never will be.
 
I have read it, it’s inconclusive in that the initial tests which caused the striker to drop and fire the primer were determined to be flawed by Sig. The two then designed a rig both agreed to use for testing and the gun did not fire even when the sear was tripped.
 
I have read it, it’s inconclusive in that the initial tests which caused the striker to drop and fire the primer were determined to be flawed by Sig. The two then designed a rig both agreed to use for testing and the gun did not fire even when the sear was tripped.
Maybe try the report not posted on Sigs own Website. 😁
 
So….. who’s regretting dumping their 320 since the AF just arrested someone for involuntary manslaughter in the M18 “UD”?
I’ve never owned one. I bet the guy who recently blew his junk off with his P320 holstered AIWB is regretting that he did. Hard Pass on the 320 for this guy.
 
I own a sig and have had friends who had theirs go boom. I don't think the uncommanded discharge thing is a thing. It's likely the result of a combination of things, but the most common point being out of battery detonation and a flawed trigger due to a lack of a safety mechanism.

Sig definitely botched the handling of the situation but the gun itself was an innovation for its time. Hopefully they take the L for this and go back to the design room and build in the proper safety's.

The FCU concept is unique but definitely has its flaws.

 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom