- Messages
- 52
I'm having second thoughts about carrying a PDP compact. Two reasons:
First, after 100 rounds and a bunch of dry fire the trigger pull is averaging three and a half pounds. That's great for punching the centers out of B8 targets, not so great for the street. Great trigger, I'm just not real comfortable with it being that light. It's a full pound lighter than my well-worn G26.
Second, looks like it isn't going to be real easy to conceal that very angular slide. I only have one holster right now that it sort of fits in, a leather rig for a full-size USP45. It prints under a light jacket, especially the top rear corner of the slide which has a pretty abrupt edge. Can't make it disappear no matter how I adjust it. And that's before adding an optic. Now I have no problem carrying the USP 45 in that same holster, even though it's bigger than the PDP the USP doesn't print at all.
So I think the PDP is going to be a range toy, where that light trigger is an advantage and where it's no danger to anything except a piece of paper. If I did competition (which I don't) it would be great for that too. Sticking to hammer-fired HK's and a G26 with SCD for carry.
First, after 100 rounds and a bunch of dry fire the trigger pull is averaging three and a half pounds. That's great for punching the centers out of B8 targets, not so great for the street. Great trigger, I'm just not real comfortable with it being that light. It's a full pound lighter than my well-worn G26.
Second, looks like it isn't going to be real easy to conceal that very angular slide. I only have one holster right now that it sort of fits in, a leather rig for a full-size USP45. It prints under a light jacket, especially the top rear corner of the slide which has a pretty abrupt edge. Can't make it disappear no matter how I adjust it. And that's before adding an optic. Now I have no problem carrying the USP 45 in that same holster, even though it's bigger than the PDP the USP doesn't print at all.
So I think the PDP is going to be a range toy, where that light trigger is an advantage and where it's no danger to anything except a piece of paper. If I did competition (which I don't) it would be great for that too. Sticking to hammer-fired HK's and a G26 with SCD for carry.
