18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Is there anything more frustrating than Calguns??

Not disagreeing. Just pointing out, for sake of accuracy, that what was posted by some about 'Baby Boomers' in this thread, is example of negative stereotyping.

Boomer jokes are to gens z, y and alpha what polish and blonde jokes were to Boomers.
 
lol, no, but trying to read through all the butthurt is exhausting.

From the members of all the generations represented here. Seems a lot folks want to complain about how Mommy and Daddy suck and then some people (me included) want to point out the accomplishments of each generation. Haven't seen much on that side of the equation pertaining to Y, Z and Alpha yet, maybe it's still too soon.
 
At least calguns wasn’t mod happy vaginas, they are already turning this place into reddit lmao
Why do you think Reddit has 100k+ users and more activity?

I think you have it backwards, we get rid of keyboard warriors relatively quickly. I don’t think you understand that “faux” attitude of machismo on the internet is misguided and limits growth.

Here’s the conundrum. If you talk 💩 to mods and we do nothing are we not vaginas? Or do we need to set an example with you where if you talk 💩 about mods the hammer comes down for thinking it’s your house and not a guest.

Why put us in the position in the first place? Also you’d have to be really ignorant if you didn’t think Calguns banned people on the regular, there’s a reason the Reddit sub got as popular as it has for discussing actual 2A topics and why Calguns shifted over to politics and gossiping.
 
It seems to be a recurring habit that folks who can't get into CGN are voicing their frustration here.
It's an odd behavior, in my view. But, let's not fret. At the end of the day it's all boomers fault.
If they do it there, they’ll get chastised for bringing it up, because it must be working if they’re able to post.

No different than people voicing their concerns with the state IMO. Sometimes people need a place to vent. Understanding or empathizing is optional.

Plus there’s a lot of people that will put you down for one reason or another if you say something they don’t like. Yet, can’t handle any type of criticism without having fit.

It’s not about fault IMO, it’s CGN’s fault this site exists. Like you guys have said, boomers paved the way for a lot of things some good some bad. All generations will have their pros and cons.
 
Last edited:
At the end of the day it's all boomers fault.

:ROFLMAO: There's a certain kind of person that just needs to blame other people for whatever sack of 💩 they carry around with themselves. My folks taught me that the first person to blame for your problems is starring back at you in the mirror. They were right. :ROFLMAO:
 
It's a natural way in a world of competing forces. If one doesn't do it, another one will.

I don't remember blaming the previous generation for my shortcomings.
Of course, as a teenager we (or some of us) would fight them tooth & nail.

I for one do not compromise on recognizing the strength of the boomer generation.
 
For what it's worth, every adult around my parents' age was a Boomer. I love them and miss them, and nearly all of them are now dead. They came up in a very different world from the one I came up in. One would expect to see some differences because of that, both "good" and "bad".

I grew up with computers and tech, my parents did not. I had opportunities they never had in part because of their hard work and old-school values. Obviously we Gen-Xers with this early tech exposure had more career opportunities in this new world of computing. I ended up working as a video game developer at the young age of 20, where my Dad's art skill was never developed in the same way because he had to earn money in a way that was far removed from his art talent. No wonder my parents didn't think art was a viable career or that I needed a degree to be successful, but I proved them wrong.

I also knew that I never wanted to get married, something unthinkable to most Boomers. New generation, new thinking, breaking old rules.

Boomers brought a unique no-nonsense perspective that I truly appreciate, but the new generations will always race ahead with new tech and new trends, some good or bad depending on your POV. Every generation has complaints about the new and vice-versa. Sometimes they're not wrong.

Noticing any minor deficit from Boomers, Gen-X, Gen-Y, Z, etc. is not to write off an entire generation and it's a strawman to pretend it is. That's just the nature of progress, for better or worse. Things change and we see this in every new generation.

BTW my girlfriend is a young Boomer. :)
 
Last edited:
At least calguns wasn’t mod happy vaginas, they are already turning this place into reddit lmao
I got slapped a few weeks ago for a relatively benign comment towards a pretty un pro 2A poster, a marine if you can believe it. The thread either got deleted or I got locked out of it too. I've been on gun boards for 15 years and that was a first.
 
This place is nothing like Reddit. I'm currently banned from ALL of Reddit for agreeing with someone that men should not be allowed in women's sports. I know that's a hot take for some, but no more Reddit for me and my appeal fell on deaf/woke ears.

I know Reddit, and CAguns is no Reddit.

BTW, Boomers could take a joke far better than some newer generations. Remember the celebrity roasts? I do! One was expected to have some stoic humility in the old days to have any credibility, and teasing was the way some Boomers showed affection. Most Boomers were anything but fragile.

Put another way, those who fall apart with light/valid criticism were less trustworthy.
 
Last edited:
I got slapped a few weeks ago for a relatively benign comment towards a pretty un pro 2A poster, a marine if you can believe it. The thread either got deleted or I got locked out of it too. I've been on gun boards for 15 years and that was a first.
I decided to take a look at your comment. The thread is still there and your comment. I think the disconnect here is that we use a warning system to communicate with members, who take it more seriously than what it is because of what they're used to. You got a notification, it's nothing serious, my original intent with the warning/notification system was to provide feedback. You didn't get any points awarded, so no issue with your account.

In the interest of growth, in the past 15 years, what do you think works when people dogpile and get into a bickering argument that takes over a thread.

We don't remove or ban until it makes sense to. We're still making adjustments to how we moderate and will keep doing so as we get new moderators and grow the community.
 
Why do you think Reddit has 100k+ users and more activity?

I think you have it backwards, we get rid of keyboard warriors relatively quickly. I don’t think you understand that “faux” attitude of machismo on the internet is misguided and limits growth.

Here’s the conundrum. If you talk 💩 to mods and we do nothing are we not vaginas? Or do we need to set an example with you where if you talk 💩 about mods the hammer comes down for thinking it’s your house and not a guest.

Why put us in the position in the first place? Also you’d have to be really ignorant if you didn’t think Calguns banned people on the regular, there’s a reason the Reddit sub got as popular as it has for discussing actual 2A topics and why Calguns shifted over to politics and gossiping.
Well this place will just end up classified and a place for you to get ad revenue. Over zealous mods are a hindrance.
 
Back
Top Bottom