- Messages
- 527
- Classified ads
- 2
Yeah, I'm still waiting for mod approval over there, and the people whose ads I want to respond to haven't found this place yet.
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

Well, they can keep their polarized division and we will keep a forum that works pretty much 24/7. I think we got the better deal.I've checked CGN more in the past week than I have in the past year.
It seems like ever since Kestryll came back and gave us an update, it seems to be running more flawlessly, much like before the major update.
I'm less inclined to participate "over there" these days; some of the comments regarding this site seem almost elitist and there's definitely some hatred over this forum. Definitely don't want to pick one side over another, but as a threatened minority group (2A owners that is) in this state, shouldn't we band together and support one another than create more polarization/division?
Just my .02..
Ok, I didn't want to insult anybody, but I've seen my share over at Calguns.I love calguns and I own a 320. Im not that frustrated at all. My 320 axg classic is a nice gun. (Wont carry only range toy now until they address issue)
Guess im a dingbat.... lol
This site is very nice also. I just like guns so ill go to both sites for deals.
No insult taken. I was just reflecting and talking crap to myself a little. No offense taken from me at all.Ok, I didn't want to insult anybody, but I've seen my share over at Calguns.
There are countless reliable handguns in circulation. Why opt for something that is seemingly not a reliable firearm?
I never got the frenzy for any kind of plastic guns, whether it is Austrian or German made, or otherwise.
Oh, they got steel frames too!No insult taken. I was just reflecting and talking crap to myself a little. No offense taken from me at all.
My 320 is the steel frame and got it a while ago before these current issues. (There are a lot of issues over the years lol)
As for now I will keep it and use it at the range. My hk usp compact is my preferred carry anyway.

You might have it backwards. The main reason there's deals there are:I think you can find better deals on there then here because of all the newbies here with their gucci glocks and high end 1911s.


I think both sites has there pros and cons. Your site has more pros than cons.You might have it backwards. The main reason there's deals there are:
Gucci glocks are an artifact of 2010's at CGN. Here theres mostly stock configuration and 2011's not so many 1911's.
- Its sporadically available
- People can't find things easily
- Difficulty DM'ing
- Limited competition due to inability to sign up, only existing members can contact
- Nothing is deleted so there are needles in the haystack
- Newer owners here have a higher avg. purchase price than people on CGN.
The current traffic here is 3x the traffic there. As resilient as CGN is maintaining 6k users over a 30 day period. At its peak it was 7-9k since I've been monitoring it since last year. The traffic here has significantly grown in that time.
There are deals here, but they snapped up very fast due to how many users are here. It might not seem like it so I'll share some 3rd party data. Our efforts here to make it a place for everyone shows progress with the gender and age distribution. The Age distribution is very even and also has a good level for women.
This is the metric I've been using to track our progress. The next goal is arfcom as they are a few levels higher. The cool thing about this is that the California market is nearly as big as arfcom and as we continue to grow, it's possible we can be at 50% of arfcom. CGN was the first comparison but now we have our sites on bigger. At our current size, we have similar traffic patterns with Snipershide.
View attachment 80496
Given the current infrastructure and how its designed & implemented, we can grow to that level fairly easily and in a very linear fashion without any loss in performance. I'm actually surprised we hit this level considering we restrict a lot of networks from accessing the site.
The members and visitors here are very sticky and I'm glad we're able to provide a service to the California 2A community. It's a very fun project and hope to expand even more by visiting Shot Show next year to see if I can pull more vendors for AMA's and exclusive product launches into the CA market.
Because of our growth, I had to cut back on some limits but from my metrics, the majority of users still get what they need with the free tier. Supporting the size of this site and its continued growth by members and vendors is a challenge recently as many businesses are cutting back. I'm looking to find ways to support vendors here with all the eyeballs we have here. Unfortunately, the state has done a good job of making a divide between 2A business and people.
I'm trying to find out what ideas can work to support the ecosystem and any suggestions are welcome.
The reason I share some of this, so folks over there still think I'm going after CGN users, theres no need for that and hasn't been for awhile.
Our traffic increased significantly via SEO optimization and the focus on developing content here. This is one of the drivers to limit personal entanglements. With the recent ruling by the 9th andshow P320 we're now one of the top results that shows up on google aside from Reddit. The members here have done a great job in building the community while I've been stepping back a bit so the mods can help guide this growing site.
View attachment 80506
The issue for those of us newer to Calguns is that admins don't approve anyone, so we can't post or respond to anything.Calguns still works (sometimes) and yes there are good deals on there still to be had. Just had a person reach out to me with some guns they are interested in selling.
Its frustrating to say the least when the site doesnt load but to say it completely doesnt work is nonsense.
I think you can find better deals on there then here because of all the newbies here with their gucci glocks and high end 1911s.
Calguns is currently working and can view all pages.
View attachment 80490
check time and date is bottom left corner.
I can understand that.The issue for those of us newer to Calguns is that admins don't approve anyone, so we can't post or respond to anything.
The issue for those of us newer to Calguns is that admins don't approve anyone, so we can't post or respond to anything.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!