18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Is there anything more frustrating than Calguns??

'it seems to be running more flawlessly'

Small correction. It seems to be running more. I would not call it flawlessly' :p
 
Personally I’m 50-50. CG has more viewers still, and over the last 6 months, I’ve had more luck on there than here for selling things. This site is slightly faster, but CG is easier to navigate without having to click on 27 different things to get to where you want to go. (Guess there’s something to be said for the simple 90’s look). I also really don’t like the emoji junk on here, it seems like someone’s attempt to be funny but comes off as a bunch of kindergarten Gen A’s, not adults. I’ve not had issues loading CG the last 5-6 times I’ve tried, but maybe I’m just lucky.
 
Personally I’m 50-50. CG has more viewers still, and over the last 6 months, I’ve had more luck on there than here for selling things. This site is slightly faster, but CG is easier to navigate without having to click on 27 different things to get to where you want to go. (Guess there’s something to be said for the simple 90’s look). I also really don’t like the emoji junk on here, it seems like someone’s attempt to be funny but comes off as a bunch of kindergarten Gen A’s, not adults. I’ve not had issues loading CG the last 5-6 times I’ve tried, but maybe I’m just lucky.
Emojis exist on calguns as of late. I put laughing emoji on perpride ads on calguns.

My opinion - this site attracts younger crowd. It requires more tech knowledge to use the site to fullest compared to calguns. Many older folks, boomers, etc., may not like this layout to the more simpler on calguns.

( I recently made a ebay sell in-person to an older person. He talked about calguns, I suggested caguns. He claimed he made an account, but it was confusing to him so he stays on calguns. )

He did say calguns been frustrating him lately due to unable to login/connect, but his other avenues were armslist and gunbroker ( i guess the tech/ layout of those 2 sites are easier for him than caguns too.)
 
Emojis exist on calguns as of late. I put laughing emoji on perpride ads on calguns.

My opinion - this site attracts younger crowd. It requires more tech knowledge to use the site to fullest compared to calguns. Many older folks, boomers, etc., may not like this layout to the more simpler on calguns.

( I recently made a ebay sell in-person to an older person. He talked about calguns, I suggested caguns. He claimed he made an account, but it was confusing to him so he stays on calguns. )

He did say calguns been frustrating him lately due to unable to login/connect, but his other avenues were armslist and gunbroker ( i guess the tech/ layout of those 2 sites are easier for him than caguns too.)
You do realize that older folks invented computers, the Internet, Ethernet, BBS systems, all existing primary firearms technologies, lasers, advanced optics, cell phones, advanced battery technology, html, html5, databases, etc.? Pretty much the foundation of everything that modern society is built upon.
 
You do realize that older folks invented computers, the Internet, Ethernet, BBS systems, all existing primary firearms technologies, lasers, advanced optics, cell phones, advanced battery technology, html, html5, databases, etc.? Pretty much the foundation of everything that modern society is built upon.
You do know older folks are the most likely to be scammed during their computer use? From hackers that are not older folks?
 
We welcome all ages if you're willing to learn a different way to do things. The forum marketplace model was good for a time, but clunky and wasted a ton of resources which is why so many forum based sites are no longer around in general. It's a sad reality that many things are changing rapidly. We offer a hybrid model for people who like old school & new school.

Our site statistics is pretty balanced distribution in age group. I'm hoping in time we can continue to level out the ranges as younger 18-24 people are voters and we can impact their decisions with events and different kinds of engagement. This distribution is an indicator that the things are focusing on is working.

Screenshot 2025-08-01 at 8.02.05 AM.png

( I recently made a ebay sell in-person to an older person. He talked about calguns, I suggested caguns. He claimed he made an account, but it was confusing to him so he stays on calguns. )
I've heard this many times and its ok, this is why we need multiple sites to cater to peoples needs. You can jump around like you said.

If we play our cards right, we might be able to push our national platform armoryhq.com in the future. For now it's a test bed before things get there.
 
You do know older folks are the most likely to be scammed during their computer use? From hackers that are not older folks?
One of my boomer parents who still thinks $100 is a large sum of money has been cleaned out on his computer. He is so distraught he is afraid to use any device. He won’t even use an Apple Phone. He is the same one that 💩 in his diaper when he saw a modern fine dining dinner bill. He still chases nickels and dimes though. That generation is so far gone. What can you do?🤷‍♂️
 
I've heard this many times and its ok, this is why we need multiple sites to cater to peoples needs. You can jump around like you said.
It was like my 1st time hearing it. I can navigate, although some features could be annoying, but since I am somewhat internet savvy, i didn't think much of it for my use until I heard from the buyer. I told him searching for something specific might be easier here because you can't search by just numbers or 2-letters on calguns.
 
You do know older folks are the most likely to be scammed during their computer use? From hackers that are not older folks?
Only the older folk who didn’t have computers in their lives. I’m nearly 74 and I am fluent in both Mac and PC. And I used to make my living designing complex devices on CAD, using Solidworks. Not all old guys are rubes.
 
As for differences between CalGuns and CaGuns, they are minor and essentially inconsequential. I can navigate either with ease.

Bottom line is that there are all types of people on both sites. And the differences between the two don’t amount to much, except for one thing…..I still find CalGuns impossible to log onto much of the time, while CaGuns simply works. Every time.
 
Only the older folk who didn’t have computers in their lives. I’m nearly 74 and I am fluent in both Mac and PC. And I used to make my living designing complex devices on CAD, using Solidworks. Not all old guys are rubes.
Keep in mind that a great number of younger folks couldn't change a flat tire, fix a broken pipe, change their oil, replace struts, etc. So many young people think they should just "call the guy". Self-sufficiency is a beautiful thing. Come a prepper level disaster the people whose only talent is financial will be known as "food" because they don't have any survival skills or talents.
 
Keep in mind that a great number of younger folks couldn't change a flat tire, fix a broken pipe, change their oil, replace struts, etc. So many young people think they should just "call the guy". Self-sufficiency is a beautiful thing. Come a prepper level disaster the people whose only talent is financial will be known as "food" because they don't have any survival skills or talents.
There is some truth to this. But the current generation just watches a YouTube video to figure things out.
 
One of my boomer parents who still thinks $100 is a large sum of money has been cleaned out on his computer. He is so distraught he is afraid to use any device. He won’t even use an Apple Phone. He is the same one that 💩 in his diaper when he saw a modern fine dining dinner bill. He still chases nickels and dimes though. That generation is so far gone. What can you do?🤷‍♂️

$100 is a reasonable amount of money, if I dropped a $1, $5, $10, $20, $50 or $100 bill, I would bend down to pick it up, wouldn't you? For me, $100 is about two tanks of gas, give or take. As for Apple phones, some people prefer Android (I do) and with computers, I much prefer Linux over Apple. Even when I had a career for many years making several hundred $k per year, I always saved and invested. Never felt the need to throw money around to impress people. I even work on my own cars and fix, build things as well as tend to the landscaping around my residential properties. I was raised to respect self sufficiency and my elders. Different strokes I guess.
 
Last edited:
There is some truth to this. But the current generation just watches a YouTube video to figure things out.
"Prepper level disaster" Probably means EMP and or no Internet.....for a very long time or forever. I love YouTube, I learn a lot from it but, the Internet is super fragile as are all of our electronics based on MOSFET discreet components, most people don't get that.
 
You do know older folks are the most likely to be scammed during their computer use? From hackers that are not older folks?
In general some older folks experience diminishing capacities, a normal symptom of aging. As a result, some of them can be victimized. On the other hand, I know a 💩load of younger people who are as gullible as a kitten but, unlike kittens, they don't learn their lessons quickly. Ageism is one of those really funny things because, one day, not too long from now, you're gonna look in the mirror and say "Who is that old, ugly F- starring at me", just like everyone else does, sooner or later. The years go by far faster than you think they will and in the end we all lose the game, even if you think your winning now.
 
$100 is a reasonable amount of money, if I dropped a $1, $5, $10, $20, $50 or $100 bill, I would bend down to pick it up, wouldn't you? For me, $100 is about half a tank of gas, give or take. As for Apple phones, some people prefer Android (I do) and with computers, I much prefer Linux over Apple. Even when I had a career for many years making several hundred $k per year, I always saved and invested. Never felt the need to throw money around to impress people. I even work on my own cars and fix, build things as well as tend to the landscaping around my residential properties. I was raised to respect self sufficiency and my elders. Different strokes I guess.
I have never thrown money around myself. I just don’t 💩 in my pants when I buy something and it cost $100.😆

The old man throws a tantrum about the cost of everything in 2025. I should get him a bigger hat, the tiny one he wears now is probably cutting off the blood to his brain.
 
Back
Top Bottom