18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Is there anything more frustrating than Calguns??

You have obviously never met my pop. 😆
Gotta say this, with all due respect, you talk about your Dad like he is a blithering idiot. Even if that's the case, you do understand it's the people of his generation and his father's generation who basically built the modern world and invented almost all current technology, right? Seriously, what accomplishments to you attribute to Gens Y, Z and Alpha?
 
To be fair in that five or so days I was not able to get into CGN only once
I don't know what has been done but it seems that something has
 
My guess is that there is some sort of 'auto-reboot' in place. Now when it dies it seems to come back, at least for a while, after a few hours. It was disappearing (504 Gateway error) for days on end.
 
I'd really like to see your math in this statistical prediction? I think you are way underestimating the stupidity of the human species, ignoring our history of visiting ever more lethal and efficient methods of killing or disabling entire societies. Natures timetable of cataclysm is millions of times longer than the human timetable. We hate each other with a passion and most tribes have strong desire to neuter the other tribes. It's the people who know how to do stuff, without Youtube, who will stand the best chance of survival.
How about those of us who didn’t have dads to teach us stuff and so have to rely on YouTube? my grandfather (both) passed when I was pretty young, and my dad went MIA around the same time. Therefore, YouTube has taught me a lot. I do all my own mechanic work on my Jeep, I help my sister with her car, I help my mom with stuff around the house, i work on big marine diesel engines for a living, and honestly, without YouTube, I wouldn’t know 1/2 the stuff I do because I never had anyone to ask or show me. I learned to weld from YouTube, I learned how to deal with computer issues on engines from YouTube, heck, I rebuilt my Jeep engine partially off YouTube. Don’t knock the tube, for someone like me, it’s the best thing since sliced bread.
 
My guess is that there is some sort of 'auto-reboot' in place. Now when it dies it seems to come back, at least for a while, after a few hours. It was disappearing (504 Gateway error) for days on end.
I just tried it too then I tested the IP from multiple locations, considering the packet loss, etc. It almost seems like it is experiencing a DDOS attack.
 
How about those of us who didn’t have dads to teach us stuff and so have to rely on YouTube? my grandfather (both) passed when I was pretty young, and my dad went MIA around the same time. Therefore, YouTube has taught me a lot. I do all my own mechanic work on my Jeep, I help my sister with her car, I help my mom with stuff around the house, i work on big marine diesel engines for a living, and honestly, without YouTube, I wouldn’t know 1/2 the stuff I do because I never had anyone to ask or show me. I learned to weld from YouTube, I learned how to deal with computer issues on engines from YouTube, heck, I rebuilt my Jeep engine partially off YouTube. Don’t knock the tube, for someone like me, it’s the best thing since sliced bread.

By no means am I knocking youtube, it's a great learning tool and it sounds like you use it as such. The point was, youtube and the internet are fragile and if you haven't taught yourself important skills beforehand, Youtube could easily vanish as a result of several different types of possible disaster scenarios and then the non-handy amongst us would be screwed. It's a great idea for people to keep a back up library of technical reference books.
 
Gotta say this, with all due respect, you talk about your Dad like he is a blithering idiot. Even if that's the case, you do understand it's the people of his generation and his father's generation who basically built the modern world and invented almost all current technology, right? Seriously, what accomplishments to you attribute to Gens Y, Z and Alpha?
Gen Y, Z, and Alpha have demonstrated the capacity to continually learn. My boomer parent would rather suffer than learn. It is a tragedy beyond words to witness. The instant one refuses to learn, it is over for them. A lazy mind is a horrific demise.
 
I'd really like to see your math in this statistical prediction? I think you are way underestimating the stupidity of the human species, ignoring our history of visiting ever more lethal and efficient methods of killing or disabling entire societies. Natures timetable of cataclysm is millions of times longer than the human timetable. We hate each other with a passion and most tribes have strong desire to neuter the other tribes. It's the people who know how to do stuff, without Youtube, who will stand the best chance of survival.
Critical thinking is achievable without YouTube. One person cannot do it all. I can’t perform surgery on myself much less on another human being. Like it or not, a group of people is stronger than an individual. Even the lowest level of intelligent among us have the capacity for manual labor. Team work makes the dream work.
 
I have lurked on calguns for a dozen years or more. It WAS a great place with good info and a great community. I'm embarrassed for the people running it as with the massive amount of forums that are fully functioning its clear its established technology. We aren't splitting the atom here and yet CGN is going on what? 2 years of sketchy operation? The OG's get butthurt when you refer to the current state in any negative fashion. If the site running properly isn't important to the admins then how is the site expected to be important to its members?
 
I have lurked on calguns for a dozen years or more. It WAS a great place with good info and a great community. I'm embarrassed for the people running it as with the massive amount of forums that are fully functioning its clear its established technology. We aren't splitting the atom here and yet CGN is going on what? 2 years of sketchy operation? The OG's get butthurt when you refer to the current state in any negative fashion. If the site running properly inst important to the admins then how is the site expected to be important to its members?
Yup, I tried to get on there this morning, 504'd.
There was a guy that did the vendor subscription thing for Kes for years, he got removed for some reason. IIRC it was about the time everything started to go sideways. I'd been thinking of starting to make a bunch of accessories again, and signing up to be a vendor, but many reasons not to be a vendor there. At this point any of the vendors there are due a refund IMHO.
 
Yup, I tried to get on there this morning, 504'd.
There was a guy that did the vendor subscription thing for Kes for years, he got removed for some reason. IIRC it was about the time everything started to go sideways. I'd been thinking of starting to make a bunch of accessories again, and signing up to be a vendor, but many reasons not to be a vendor there. At this point any of the vendors there are due a refund IMHO.
Yeah, their revenue is basically life support for the terminally ill. They certainly aren't getting a ROI.
 
Gen Y, Z, and Alpha have demonstrated the capacity to continually learn. My boomer parent would rather suffer than learn. It is a tragedy beyond words to witness. The instant one refuses to learn, it is over for them. A lazy mind is a horrific demise.
Just out of curiosity, how old is your Dad?
 
Just out of curiosity, how old is your Dad?
In his 70’s. He still rides a HD and spends all his time and $ at Bingo Halls with the rest of the gambling degenerates. I pay his Part B Medicare because he is cheap AF. And I pay the penalty rate because he didn’t have it for almost a decade. He would never be able to see a medical professional without it, unless it was in an ambulance ride to the ER. He doesn’t see the value of medical insurance but he will blow his whole SS at a bingo hall.

Every generation has its degenerates, but if you are in your 70’s you’d think some wisdom would apply. NOPE.

His father was a WW2 Veteran. Lived to almost 100. He didn’t take on any of those degenerate behaviors, his life was not dominated by vice. Complete opposite of his boomer son.

/R.
 
Last edited:
This post is like complaining to the new girlfriend about the ex that broke you heart. Just move on.

Lay Down Round Table GIF by Disciple
 
That's a broad-brush, single minded way of looking at it and describing it. Terribly flawed.
Not broad at all. I’m just describing CGN. My assessment is spot on.

I did forget to add…no self awareness to that assessment.
 
Back
Top Bottom