18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Is there really a market for these bioguns?

From my perspective, the most important thing about a gun is that it goes bang every time. To me, electronics reduces that chance that it works. If not now, how about in 50 years from now. I recall a story 15-20 years ago in SFGate.com about a man who bought a revolver in the 60s and hadn’t lubed it or anything since the early 70s and kept it in a rag under his bed. There was an intruder the he shot and the revolver still worked. Don’t think you could trust this to work in 30 years down the road. Being an early Gen Xer, I had pretty much all I needed by the early 1990s. I suggest folks who want to avoid having to worry about what the CA politicians are going to do to get those 5 or so firearms we all talk about being the most important and don’t worry what happens.
 
Not someone who would actually use it for self defense. This is someone who would put the smart gun in a safe and the ammo in a different safe and they will never touch

And he works in big tech with his sweater vest :p
 
I'm just not impressed, and the reason given for making small cap mags with a massive gun is that they're limited by Colorado law. Why would you manufacture in a state that limits you? Is the founder stupid? Obviously he's done well enough to get all these massive investments

 
I'm just not impressed, and the reason given for making small cap mags with a massive gun is that they're limited by Colorado law. Why would you manufacture in a state that limits you? Is the founder stupid? Obviously he's done well enough to get all these massive investments


Not to mention $1500 is steep for a handgun meant only for home defense. Might as well pickup those P211s...
 
No Way Randy GIF by Zack Kantor
 
I think it's cool. Looks like a gun out of cyberpunk 2077. If it wasn't 1500 (so ~2k+ after taxes, shipping, ffl transfer fee, dros) I honestly might've bought it. As it stands there's much better things I could spend 2k usd on.
 
I think it's cool. Looks like a gun out of cyberpunk 2077. If it wasn't 1500 (so ~2k+ after taxes, shipping, ffl transfer fee, dros) I honestly might've bought it. As it stands there's much better things I could spend 2k usd on.

Yoo this thing is $1500?

I was thinking maybe I'll get one as an experiment for $500 but $1500 is real gun money.
 
Anybody ever hear of iPhones? My facial ID screws up if I'm wearing a helmet, goggles, or the light isn't right. Fingerprint ID fails if you're a man who works on dirty machines, or if you've been drinking a beer on a hot day and your finger is wet with condensation. If you're finger is wet from something else, keep it away from your phone. That's gross. Maybe this no-name gun company is able to make electronics better than trillion-dollar Apple, but I doubt it.
 
Not someone who would actually use it for self defense. This is someone who would put the smart gun in a safe and the ammo in a different safe and they will never touch
Also kind of a rough thought but I’ve seen this happen with electronics before. If they go out of business and stop supporting the gun, eventually the battery will go bad or some part will fail and then you just have a bricked device that can’t be repaired
 
Yoo this thing is $1500?

I was thinking maybe I'll get one as an experiment for $500 but $1500 is real gun money.
lol that’s why I think this will never make any real money beyond a small niche. It’s marketed more for a casual owner that’s not really into guns because hardcore owners will mostly reject something like this and stick to their HK’s and other expensive guns.

While the majority of casual and novice owners would not pay that kind of money when they can get a $400 Glock or canik etc…
 
Also kind of a rough thought but I’ve seen this happen with electronics before. If they go out of business and stop supporting the gun, eventually the battery will go bad or some part will fail and then you just have a bricked device that can’t be repaired
...or every new version will require a new, different charging cable. Of course, planned obsolescence will lead to the old version suddenly not working well with no new updates, so please get the newest version. Then you'll have a bedside drawer full of bricked smart guns and their accompanying cables and charging docks... #donglegatetwopointoh #lookingatyouapple
 
lol that’s why I think this will never make any real money beyond a small niche. It’s marketed more for a casual owner that’s not really into guns because hardcore owners will mostly reject something like this and stick to their HK’s and other expensive guns.

While the majority of casual and novice owners would not pay that kind of money when they can get a $400 Glock or canik etc…
*"$2000 Glock. Like new. Off-roster. Incredibly rare. Only like a box of fired through it. Safe queen. No lowballers. I know what I've got. No body armor."

There, I fixed it for you!
 
Back
Top Bottom